Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 06:18 AM   #1
samtom
Earning My Ears

Advice please : )

Hi All,

We're going to Dsiney for our 6th trip in Feb but have to say I still sometimes feel like a newbie

We're staying at Sequoia Lodge and I'm really excited as this is our first time staying in a Disney hotel!

I have a couple of Q's, 1 is can we 'upgrade' our breakfast one morning to the Disneyland Hotel or do we pay full price? If we pay full price, how much would it be and is it worth it?

Second question is, we're travelling to Paris on 1 day, we were going to do private transfers but have worked out it's so much cheaper to do the RER so we're only having transfers to and from the airport. NOW, I know we get the RER A (Right?) but then have read we need to get the Metro also? My concern is we have our 2 year old in her buggy (our oldest 2 will be fine as they're 11 and 8). The main reason we want to go into Paris (apart from a little wander around the streets) is the Louvre. What would be the easiest way to do this?

ANY advice is welcome/helpful, thanks so much in advance Xx
samtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:33 AM   #2
Isila
There is a big beautiful tomorrow

you have to pay full price. The only "upgrade" is at Mickey's cafe. Can't help you with the prise though. Reviews say it's worth it, the breakfast is great, food delicious. I'm thinking about having one too.
Isila is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 06:41 AM   #3
samtom
Earning My Ears

Thanks Isila,

Sounds good! Will try and find out some prices now. So you can upgrade to Cafe Mickey? That's also useful to know as we could perhaps do that on the last morning as a last minute bit of Disney-ness
Old 12-30-2012, 06:56 AM   #4
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

the Disneyland Hotel breakfast is amazing, much much better than the Cafe Mickey version. Its cheaper too - 14 euros per adult for the DLH breakfast, 6 euros per child aged under 12, under 3s are free.

The Cafe Mickey breakfast is £14 per person if you are staying at an onsite hotel (this was the price up to November 2012, it might be more now, haven't got the new brochure sorry), this is the same price for adults or children.

Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:57 AM   #5
Isila

Quote:
Originally Posted by samtom View Post
Thanks Isila,

Sounds good! Will try and find out some prices now. So you can upgrade to Cafe Mickey? That's also useful to know as we could perhaps do that on the last morning as a last minute bit of Disney-ness
it would cost you 16.50 eur instead of 24.50 and characters would be there

We probably will be doing lunch with characters on our last day.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:58 AM   #6
Isila

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPdaft View Post
the Disneyland Hotel breakfast is amazing, much much better than the Cafe Mickey version. Its cheaper too - 14 euros per adult for the DLH breakfast, 6 euros per child aged under 12, under 3s are free.

The Cafe Mickey breakfast is £14 per person if you are staying at an onsite hotel (this was the price up to November 2012, it might be more now, haven't got the new brochure sorry), this is the same price for adults or children.
dlrpmagic is gving highier price

So, breakfast at DLH is a good thing to do? Worth?
Old 12-30-2012, 07:01 AM   #7
DLPdaft
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Breakfast at the DLH is a highlight of every trip we do to DLP - we wouldn't miss it, its a real treat in beautiful surroundings, and the food is fantastic - we go at around 9.30 or 10am and make it brunch, the characters are still around right outside the restaurant when we go in and come out, and we don't need any lunch that day .

Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
Old 12-30-2012, 07:07 AM   #8
samtom
Earning My Ears

Thanks to you both

I'm leaning toward Disneyland Hotel now as we've done meals (although not breakfast) at Cafe Mickey before, can you just turn up or do you need to book? we'd want to get there before 8am preferably to make the most of EMH x
Old 12-30-2012, 07:11 AM   #9
DLPdaft
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by samtom View Post
Thanks to you both

I'm leaning toward Disneyland Hotel now as we've done meals (although not breakfast) at Cafe Mickey before, can you just turn up or do you need to book? we'd want to get there before 8am preferably to make the most of EMH x
you can't book the DLH breakfast, you just go to the restaurant entrance, tell them you are not a guest of the hotel and you'd like to pay for breakfast. You might experience a queue though if you go before 8am (the DLH breakfast starts at 7.30am) because lots of hotel guests will be having the same idea. We do EMH (the first hour at least) then go for breakfast.

Elaine
Old 12-30-2012, 07:19 AM   #10
Isila

Need figure out our meal plan.... and make some room for DLH breakfast.... right... We could have it the day we're having dinner in Rainforest cafe....
Old 12-30-2012, 10:15 AM   #11
the_princess
DIS Veteran

Is the DLH Breakfast the same as the DLH guests gets??? I don't remember any characters at breakfast when we stayed there.

MY DISNEY PICTURES
:
Holiday time at DL Tour Dec'13: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3210059

WDW & WWOHP Dec '11: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#26.0

WDW & SW Feb '13: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#30.0

MY DISNEY STAYS:
July '03-DLP Dec '03-DLP NPBC Sep '04-DLP SL Sep '05-DLP HNY Mar '07-WDW Offside (Comfort Inn) Dec '07-DLP SF Feb '08-DLP SL Oct '08-WDW Renaissance Resort SeaWorld, AKL & POR May '09-DLP SL Dec '09-DLP HNY July '10-DLR DLH Feb '11-DLP DLH Dec'11-WDW POR August'12-DLP.Jan'13-DLP Chyenne Feb'13-WDW PORDec'13-DL Offsite
the_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:27 AM   #12
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_princess
Is the DLH Breakfast the same as the DLH guests gets??? I don't remember any characters at breakfast when we stayed there.
They aren't in the restaurants but at the entrance to them. They change every 20 minutes x
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:39 AM   #13
the_princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989 View Post
They aren't in the restaurants but at the entrance to them. They change every 20 minutes x

Ahh ok, that I do remember. By a fire place, right?? Thanks for clearing that up.

MY DISNEY PICTURES
:
Holiday time at DL Tour Dec'13: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3210059

WDW & WWOHP Dec '11: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#26.0

WDW & SW Feb '13: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#30.0

MY DISNEY STAYS:
July '03-DLP Dec '03-DLP NPBC Sep '04-DLP SL Sep '05-DLP HNY Mar '07-WDW Offside (Comfort Inn) Dec '07-DLP SF Feb '08-DLP SL Oct '08-WDW Renaissance Resort SeaWorld, AKL & POR May '09-DLP SL Dec '09-DLP HNY July '10-DLR DLH Feb '11-DLP DLH Dec'11-WDW POR August'12-DLP.Jan'13-DLP Chyenne Feb'13-WDW PORDec'13-DL Offsite
the_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:49 AM   #14
DLPdaft
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_princess View Post
Ahh ok, that I do remember. By a fire place, right?? Thanks for clearing that up.
yes, the fireplace is next to the entrance to the restaurants.

Elaine
Old 12-30-2012, 03:36 PM   #15
nyck
Mouseketeer

Great info everyone! We are going on our 1st DLP trip next year and plan on staying at the DLH. I saw pics of the breakfast that looked amazing and I wondered if those pics were of the breakfast that came with the package or not. Now I am sure it is and even more excited to stay there! The French definitely understand the importance of food! So excited to go!

nyck is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: