Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 11:02 AM   #706
bigfish32
Mouseketeer

Any advice on the pool towel? I forgot the value resorts don't provide them. Has is been an issue getting extras from the room or should we (reluctantly) pack our own?
bigfish32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:32 AM   #707
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

we got towels at ASMU a couple years ago
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
TJDisneymama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 12:50 PM   #708
ilovejsparrow
Working on my degree so I can support my WDW obsession!

Just booked our second stay at AoA, for almost the same week in August! Can't wait to go back. I think we were a little spoiled though, because we were there when the resort was only about half-full. We have to prepare ourselves for bigger crowds!!
WDW Commando Member #165

ilovejsparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:03 PM   #709
Sphinx610
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfish32
Any advice on the pool towel? I forgot the value resorts don't provide them. Has is been an issue getting extras from the room or should we (reluctantly) pack our own?
Just call room service and they will bring you more towels...
Old 12-30-2012, 03:09 PM   #710
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfish32 View Post
I've stayed at a value three times, they always had towels available. though sometimes they were not AT the pool. My first ASMu they were in the hall way of building 10 as you were going to the pool. (probably becaue it was forcasted to be rainy off and on they just wanted it to be under cover) They are usually in a really big silver locker on wheels. They just open the hinged door and you pull out what you need. The other times that locker was next to the pool entrance right by the used towel return box.

UPCOMING: 1/15 AllStar Movies WDW

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:40 PM   #711
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanylaser View Post
mike the canuck! thank you very much and I love it! We will stay in the Cars wing at the Art of Animation resort!
That is awesome to hear!
1990 Offsite (I think?) - 1992 Port Orleans - 1993 Dixie Landings - 1996 All-Star Sports - Nov 1999 Disney Institute - Nov 2001 Offsite (Sheraton Vistana) - June 2006 Grosvenor Resort - Christmas 2007 Regal Sun Resort - Sept 2010 Pop Century - Dec 2012 AOA
mike the canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:29 PM   #712
yellowfish78
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfish32 View Post
There were no towels at the pool during our stay. We brought towels from the room after asking housekeeping for extras. If you have room, bring your own.
yellowfish78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #713
yellowfish78
DIS Veteran

(Since there are two AoA threads...forgive me for duplicating. I know some people may only be subscribed to one and not the other.)

I'm booking a room for the fall and my only option is a "Themed Family Suite". I have no problem booking my room this way but was wondering if for those that have done this if they give you the option to request a specific theme during Online Check In. I know I can call and request but if there is no need to call...
Old 01-03-2013, 02:23 PM   #714
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowfish78 View Post
(Since there are two AoA threads...forgive me for duplicating. I know some people may only be subscribed to one and not the other.)

I'm booking a room for the fall and my only option is a "Themed Family Suite". I have no problem booking my room this way but was wondering if for those that have done this if they give you the option to request a specific theme during Online Check In. I know I can call and request but if there is no need to call...
Are you booking under a special of some sort? I've heard of them doing this in certain specials, but not for general full-price bookings.

I think you could probably translate this into being a Lion King Suite. I don't think they are as popular as FN and Cars.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:26 PM   #715
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowfish78

Its just not assigned a theme. You could keep calling and trying to switch it to a specific theme... Or wait and see where they put you.

You could put in a req during online chk in but it usually tells you to call anyway. The phone CM would actually be changing the room type to the designated theme which yoy cant do online.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:28 PM   #716
yellowfish78
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Are you booking under a special of some sort? I've heard of them doing this in certain specials, but not for general full-price bookings.

I think you could probably translate this into being a Lion King Suite. I don't think they are as popular as FN and Cars.
Yes, it's a special through where I work. I know I can call and request which isn't a problem. When doing online check in for AsM for example it gives the option to request which building or location. I wasn't sure how AoA's requests came across for the general 'Themed Family Suite' room type.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:42 PM   #717
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, it's a special through where I work. I know I can call and request which isn't a problem. When doing online check in for AsM for example it gives the option to request which building or location. I wasn't sure how AoA's requests came across for the general 'Themed Family Suite' room type.
I wouldn't book unless you were good with any of the options. I don't think they'd offer it this way unless they were having trouble booking one theme over the others.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:09 PM   #718
2012bella13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
We stayed in a Cars suite facing the pool in building one. We could hear music during the day, but it was quiet at night/early morning. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and didn't have any issues with our 2 year old napping during the day. We loved the location we were in & my son loved saying goodnight & good morning to Mater every day!
Do you remember what building you were in?
I asked for building 1 in the Cars section because it was close to the bus stops.
The Rep. said that I should not have any problems with any of the cars sections because they are all close.
MAKE A WISH TRIP MAY 2011
2012bella13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:23 PM   #719
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You could always put your preferences in, just like with building requests. They aren't guaranteed, but they'll do their best.

If you'd be disappointed with a certain section I'd look for a different option since there is a chance that's what you'd get.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:12 PM   #720
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

Animation Hall - Disneys's Art of Animation Resort Lobby Tour: http://youtu.be/T7zTLlxVdV4
1990 Offsite (I think?) - 1992 Port Orleans - 1993 Dixie Landings - 1996 All-Star Sports - Nov 1999 Disney Institute - Nov 2001 Offsite (Sheraton Vistana) - June 2006 Grosvenor Resort - Christmas 2007 Regal Sun Resort - Sept 2010 Pop Century - Dec 2012 AOA
mike the canuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: