Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 09:08 AM   #31
Mike2023
DIS Veteran

Is anyone else having problems with the Map portion of the app? When I go to the map it just loads the disney website. This started happening about 2 weeks ago when they first started testing the new website.

{1997 - July - CBR (First Trip)}{1999 - July - Off site}{2005 - June - Off site (Honeymoon)}{2006 - May - Off site (1 Year Anniversary)}
{2008 - April - AKL (3 Year Anniversary)}{2009 - May - AKL,POLY,POR (4 Year Anniversary/DD first Trip)}{2010 - Jan - BLT,AKV,POLY}
{2010 - Oct - BLT,BCV,AKL}{2011 - Aug - AKL}{2012 - Jun - PCC3.0,AKL,BCV}{2013 - May - AKL,DCL}{2013 - Oct - POP}{2014 - Mar - AOA,BLT,DCL}
{2015 - Feb - BWV (Daytonay500)}{2015 - Oct - Offsite,DCL,US (10th Anniversary)}
Mike2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:30 AM   #32
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laketravis View Post
"Darn it, Bob - they've figured it out before we even had a chance to decide how much to charge...."
In 1977 an e- ticket cost .90 based on inflation that would cost 3.50 today. But that would be for a FP. Is a fastpass to avoid a 100 min wait in Splash worth as much as an e- ticket to wait in standby for jungle cruise in 1977?

But based on inflation, a day at MK should cost $57.00 in 2012, but actually it costs $97.00 for one day. Of course if you stay 5 or six days it is much cheaper than $57.00. So my guess, an extra FP+ should cost about $3.00.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 09:31 AM   #33
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2023 View Post
Is anyone else having problems with the Map portion of the app? When I go to the map it just loads the disney website. This started happening about 2 weeks ago when they first started testing the new website.
All the maps are working for the iPad version for me. They are quite cool actually.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:34 AM   #34
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillAustin View Post
As weird as it sounds, that's my last thread of hope for our family using the new system.

If they do ultimately remove regular in-park Fastpass, and we are limited to 2 FP+ for top tier rides per day, it will absolutely ruin the way we enjoy the parks.

We really won't wait in a line over 20 minutes, and I'd even pay extra to avoid it. If that's not an option, we'd have to re-think our next vacation plans.

It does seem like they are on a fast-track to implement this sooner than later.

Our kids conspired to get together and ask for a birthday trip to WDW, and I'll take any excuse to get back.

We'll be there in a month. Maybe they'll be testing it further or even be in the initial stages of implementation by then. Maybe we'll be lucky enough to get one more trip in using the regular FPs.
Well, they will probably lower the gate price, and then give you the option to pay for individual fastpasses!
Old 12-30-2012, 09:40 AM   #35
Mike2023
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
All the maps are working for the iPad version for me. They are quite cool actually.
Hum, maybe it because im in canada. I don't have the new website yet so that might be the problem. Lots of people have left bad review of the app because of it so I know Im not the only one.

Side note, I love the maps so much I started a little project to pull all the high res images out and make images suitable for framing.

check out an example.

{1997 - July - CBR (First Trip)}{1999 - July - Off site}{2005 - June - Off site (Honeymoon)}{2006 - May - Off site (1 Year Anniversary)}
{2008 - April - AKL (3 Year Anniversary)}{2009 - May - AKL,POLY,POR (4 Year Anniversary/DD first Trip)}{2010 - Jan - BLT,AKV,POLY}
{2010 - Oct - BLT,BCV,AKL}{2011 - Aug - AKL}{2012 - Jun - PCC3.0,AKL,BCV}{2013 - May - AKL,DCL}{2013 - Oct - POP}{2014 - Mar - AOA,BLT,DCL}
{2015 - Feb - BWV (Daytonay500)}{2015 - Oct - Offsite,DCL,US (10th Anniversary)}
Mike2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:50 AM   #36
bcrook
DIS Veteran

If everybody had an electronic device, they could stop printing full colored maps and save millions, and then lower the ticket price.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:55 AM   #37
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If everybody had an electronic device, they could stop printing full colored maps and save millions, and then lower the ticket price.
You know you'll never make it in corporate America with attitudes like that.......
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:00 AM   #38
Laketravis
FP is just fantastic, that is really what I think. Oh by the way.. which one's Pink?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk

You know you'll never make it in corporate America with attitudes like that.......
Exactly - proper corporate think would be "now that you are wearing an RFID, it's only 50 cents every time you grab a map".
Laketravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:05 AM   #39
2BoysMom
Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think

Hi All
I have been off the Disboards for awhile, so I am out-of-the-loop on this whole FP+ system. Is there a link or post that describes it really well, and what it is all about? I am really not understanding it, with the bits and pieces that I am coming across.

(One thing that does cross my mind, is the possibility of chaos in the parks over this..... I am considered a "Disney expert" amongst my friends due to my love of WDW/DIS, you probably all are, too. So, what happens to all the thousands/millions of people who come to the parks that are not as knowledgeable as we DIS-ers are...?)

Thank you for any explanations or directions to posts.

PTR & TR-1st trip to Disney, 1st Christmas. Celebrating our new daughter!

Coronado Springs Jan. 2004, Contemporary & POFQ May 2005, POR & Disney cruise Aug. 2005, POFQ Sep. 2006, Ft. Wilderness cabin May 2007, Boardwalk-Christmas Dec 2007, POR March 2008, Ft. Wilderness cabin May 2008, Pop & Coronado Spgs - Halloween Oct. 2008, Offsite-Princess half-marathon March 2009, AsMov spontaneous 1 nighter April 2009, Disney Cruise May/June 2009, Offsite-business trip Jan 2010, Poly-Christmas 2010, Bonnet Creek May 2011, Bonnet Creek - Halloween Oct 2011, Wilderness Lodge 10 yr. Anniversary weekend Jan 2012, POR & Swan /Dolphin Oct 2012.
2BoysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:12 AM   #40
tikkipoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BoysMom
. So, what happens to all the thousands/millions of people who come to the parks that are not as knowledgeable as we DIS-ers are...?).
Unfortunately they get to stand in line.
tikkipoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:39 PM   #41
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BoysMom
Hi All
I have been off the Disboards for awhile, so I am out-of-the-loop on this whole FP+ system. Is there a link or post that describes it really well, and what it is all about? I am really not understanding it, with the bits and pieces that I am coming across.

(One thing that does cross my mind, is the possibility of chaos in the parks over this..... I am considered a "Disney expert" amongst my friends due to my love of WDW/DIS, you probably all are, too. So, what happens to all the thousands/millions of people who come to the parks that are not as knowledgeable as we DIS-ers are...?)

Thank you for any explanations or directions to posts.
Bits and pieces is all we have at the moment.

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:06 PM   #42
bcrook
DIS Veteran

app madness

I linked up my DVC reservations to the new Disney Web Site (My Disney Experience is an adventure! It takes perserverence ). BUT, before I could do anything I had to set up "accounts" for all my guests so that we can "share our Disney Experience". It wouldn't let me skip this stage, and the instructions are not very clear. Then it wants me to send emails to all my guests. I am traveling with 12 other people so it is cumbersome, and odd.

Once I got everything in the new web page on my computer (using firefox). I went to the app. My room reservations don't show up - but maybe they will when I get to 60 days out. BUT, all my friends show up on the App.

I spent about 15 minutes changing all my friends avatars. That is a nice perk! For the record, chose Buzz Lightyear. There aren't a lot of choices.

I have two different trips, and two different sets of guests going with me. BUT, I don't know how to manage that. Or how to pick and choose which friends get shared which events. This is going to make people crazy.

My son is excited about the possibility of there being a limited number of FP available, and then buying them one at a time with his phone. He says this of course, because his app will be connected to MY credit card.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:15 PM   #43
mousermerf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I linked up my DVC reservations to the new Disney Web Site (My Disney Experience is an adventure! It takes perserverence ). BUT, before I could do anything I had to set up "accounts" for all my guests so that we can "share our Disney Experience". It wouldn't let me skip this stage, and the instructions are not very clear. Then it wants me to send emails to all my guests. I am traveling with 12 other people so it is cumbersome, and odd.

Once I got everything in the new web page on my computer (using firefox). I went to the app. My room reservations don't show up - but maybe they will when I get to 60 days out. BUT, all my friends show up on the App.

I spent about 15 minutes changing all my friends avatars. That is a nice perk! For the record, chose Buzz Lightyear. There aren't a lot of choices.

I have two different trips, and two different sets of guests going with me. BUT, I don't know how to manage that. Or how to pick and choose which friends get shared which events. This is going to make people crazy.

My son is excited about the possibility of there being a limited number of FP available, and then buying them one at a time with his phone. He says this of course, because his app will be connected to MY credit card.
The events you can schedule right now are fireworks/parades and dining - the rest don't work yet or aren't active.

When you schedule dining reservations now, it asks for a person from your "friends" to fill each spot at the table. You can skip that, but that's how it assigns people.

Fireworks/parades work the same way. When you add it to the itinerary, it'll ask for how many people.. then you fill in the people in the slots.

I forget the exact verbiage, but once your friends "confirm" their accounts as real-people accounts having their own Disney.com settings and such, they'll need to allow you to make plans for them by clicking an acknowledgement and acceptance thing. That will allow you to assign them FP+ as part of your itin in the future. Since FP+ is based on the ticket linked to their "for reals" Disney.com account. You can have pseudo-accounts under you for kids and family members without "for reals" individual Disney.com accounts though. When the time comes, you'll have to assign them tickets before you can assign them FP+.
mousermerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:32 PM   #44
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousermerf View Post
The events you can schedule right now are fireworks/parades and dining - the rest don't work yet or aren't active.

When you schedule dining reservations now, it asks for a person from your "friends" to fill each spot at the table. You can skip that, but that's how it assigns people.

Fireworks/parades work the same way. When you add it to the itinerary, it'll ask for how many people.. then you fill in the people in the slots.

I forget the exact verbiage, but once your friends "confirm" their accounts as real-people accounts having their own Disney.com settings and such, they'll need to allow you to make plans for them by clicking an acknowledgement and acceptance thing. That will allow you to assign them FP+ as part of your itin in the future. Since FP+ is based on the ticket linked to their "for reals" Disney.com account. You can have pseudo-accounts under you for kids and family members without "for reals" individual Disney.com accounts though. When the time comes, you'll have to assign them tickets before you can assign them FP+.
I am going to need a full time assistant for this.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:55 PM   #45
mousermerf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am going to need a full time assistant for this.
So will Disney apparently.. just chatted with them and it appears several "assigned tickets" (aka: passholders) accounts are showing the wrong information for whatever reason (wrong expiration date, wrong ap level, etc..) so it's problematic with the existing accounts.. before they roll out the ability for folks to add in other tickets :P
mousermerf is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: