Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2012, 10:53 PM   #1171
brightvalleyjrts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolab23 View Post

That's crazy, those were our exact dates until we added the extra day! Maybe we'll run into you guys
We will be in the AB section since we need the trundle. I have 3 boys that will most likely be coordinated in custom shirts, if you see us say hi!
This is our 6th trip but our first time staying at POR.

Last edited by brightvalleyjrts; 12-29-2012 at 11:03 PM.
brightvalleyjrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:53 AM   #1172
RAPstar
Proud Redhead
I remember reading somewhere
Can you blame me tho?

Hi! Doing a super-last minute, super cheap trip 1/28 to 2/2 at the Pop Century
RAPstar is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 09:03 AM   #1173
emilyindisney
DIS Veteran

Seems like I'm super late to the party, but figured I'd jump in and introduce myself anyways.

I'm Emily, and I'll be staying at AoA 1/13 to 1/19. I'm traveling with my sister for our first sister-trip down! We're both complete Disnerds so we're very excited!

March 1996 (Swan), March 2008 (CBR), January 2013 (AoA), February 2014 (ASSp/BWV), October 2014 (Pop)

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" -Walt Disney
emilyindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:50 AM   #1174
Chocolab23
Disney Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightvalleyjrts View Post
We will be in the AB section since we need the trundle. I have 3 boys that will most likely be coordinated in custom shirts, if you see us say hi!
This is our 6th trip but our first time staying at POR.
We've requested to be in AB too!
2013-Going to celebrate my birthday the best way!-PORLet your Hart be your guide/January 2013 PTR
2013-Alex's Unbirthday trip-POR"A Very Merry Unbirthday!" DEC 2013 PTR
Chocolab23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:55 AM   #1175
dakotix
Mouseketeer

Only 7 days until we leave. I love Disney and have been scores of times since childhood. I'm travelling with my partner who has a vague memory from when he was 8 or 9. He still thinks its a six-flags kind of trip...wont he be surprised!

Staying at CSR for the first time. I think I might start packing today
1978 - DL Blue Stroller!1982 - Intl. Drive1984 - Intl. Drive1986 - Intl. Drive1988 - Intl. Drive1992 - Intl. Drive1994 - Port Orleans1996 - Port Orleans2000 - Port Orleans/ Contemporary2002 All Star2006 - DTD 2013 - Pop/ Coronado Springs2014 - Coronado Springs
dakotix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:44 AM   #1176
Jonesloonybin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightvalleyjrts View Post
We will also be celebrating my son's 10th birthday while we are there. His actual birthday is Feb. 1st. We will also be at POR from Jan. 26th-Feb.2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolab23 View Post

That's crazy, those were our exact dates until we added the extra day! Maybe we'll run into you guys
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4tig View Post
We will be at POR jan26-feb6 ... Can hardly wait!!
Wow!! We will be at POFQ 1/29-2/7! I will keep a look out for you all!
Terri

Trips: May 2011 Pop/May 2012 Pop/February 2013 POFQ
Dining report:May 2011
May 2012 PTR: Don't tell them we are going back!
Jonesloonybin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:23 PM   #1177
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Any word on Fast Pass+ beign used in January? Or having APs converted over? I tried pulling up all my reservations online today for our January trip and wasn't able to because nothing is linked from the old system to the new system. There was a lot of talk about Fast Pass+ and doing away with paper tickets.

One last question, how is everyone tackling MK w ith Fast Passes and New Fantasyland in the mix?

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:28 PM   #1178
shalom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
One last question, how is everyone tackling MK w ith Fast Passes and New Fantasyland in the mix?
All I'm going to do is walk through New Fantasyland, and maybe get something at Gaston's if the lines aren't too awful. And middle daughter wants to meet Gaston -- he sounds like a hoot! Enchanted Tales with Belle is what most interests us, but nobody in my family cares enough to bother with the lines. We'll wait until the crowds die down, which hopefully they will, since a lot of people say it's a "one and done" sort of thing.

Scheduling tips I've heard -- Dumbo is no longer a priority, so kick that down the schedule considerable. If you want to do Enchanted Tales with Belle, hit that first thing! Then see Ariel if desired, then do the Little Mermaid ride (or Fastpass it). Get to Be Our Guest at 10:25 for lunch if they're still opening at 10:30, or expect a long wait; half hour to 45 minutes seemed to be average before the big Christmas rush, but we can hope it'll drop off considerable in January.
shalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:53 AM   #1179
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalom View Post
Scheduling tips I've heard -- Dumbo is no longer a priority, so kick that down the schedule considerable. If you want to do Enchanted Tales with Belle, hit that first thing! Then see Ariel if desired, then do the Little Mermaid ride (or Fastpass it). Get to Be Our Guest at 10:25 for lunch if they're still opening at 10:30, or expect a long wait; half hour to 45 minutes seemed to be average before the big Christmas rush, but we can hope it'll drop off considerable in January.
For Dumbo, it is SOOOOOOOOO much more magical at night now, with all the lights and water. Definitely try to ride it at night at least once (and even in July it was a walk-on at night!!)

We are planning to do Belle and Ariel first, too. Then ride the Little Mermaid if the line is small, otherwise, we'll start the circuit with the other regular MK rides.

BOG lunch is the one that puts a kink in our plans....a 10;30am lunch is still prime riding time...
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:12 AM   #1180
stmize
Dvc member since Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 17 & dd 14

14 days I can barely sleep
Old 01-01-2013, 07:20 AM   #1181
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmize View Post
14 days I can barely sleep
I hear ya!! 11 days for us. Today I start putting our clothes in ziplocs ... but will adjust as I get more firm weather reports.

Thankfully, we are driving so I can just add extras.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:32 AM   #1182
forever-maria
Earning My Ears

AAHHH we are beginning our 14 hour drive in an hour, and I'm still thinking of last minute things to add to the suitcase!
forever-maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:36 AM   #1183
kennethsrib
Mouseketeer

I now have friends reminding me how many days are left before we leave LOL. Happy New Year everyone!
Old 01-01-2013, 08:54 AM   #1184
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
For Dumbo, it is SOOOOOOOOO much more magical at night now, with all the lights and water. Definitely try to ride it at night at least once (and even in July it was a walk-on at night!!)

We are planning to do Belle and Ariel first, too. Then ride the Little Mermaid if the line is small, otherwise, we'll start the circuit with the other regular MK rides.

BOG lunch is the one that puts a kink in our plans....a 10;30am lunch is still prime riding time...
We're also heading to Enchanted Tales at rope drop to avoid the long wait times later in the day. Then Ariel and Under the Sea. Really struggled whether to go for an early lunch to BOG but decided not to and get more rides in for the kids. Plus, we'll have eaten at Chef Mickey's for breakfast that day prior to rope drop so don't think we'll be hungry at 10:30.

Our second MK day rope drop, we'll head over to Merida.

All We Want Is To Spend Halloween with Mickey! October 2014 PTR with MiniTRs to Disney Cali Adventure, Oahu, San Diego, and Vegas
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:31 AM   #1185
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
We're also heading to Enchanted Tales at rope drop to avoid the long wait times later in the day. Then Ariel and Under the Sea. Really struggled whether to go for an early lunch to BOG but decided not to and get more rides in for the kids. Plus, we'll have eaten at Chef Mickey's for breakfast that day prior to rope drop so don't think we'll be hungry at 10:30.

Our second MK day rope drop, we'll head over to Merida.
Sounds like a good plan!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: