Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2012, 04:29 PM   #916
McBain15
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeywarhorse
Fur auditions come around every so often, just keep an eye out. The post for it usually has a picture of Chip and Dale, Mickey, etc.
Ok thank you,

Where can I found the posts about the auditions, are they only on the disney auditions website or is there somewhere else?
McBain15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:14 PM   #917
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain15 View Post
Hello,

Im just wondering can you just go and audition for a fur character e.g mickey mouse?

And does anyone know anymore information about the fur character roles, everything on the disney websites are for face characters and parade performers.

Thank you
The audition on Jan. 17th is for Character Performers.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-24-2012, 09:52 PM   #918
Joeywarhorse
Mouseketeer

Berlioz,

Can you tell us how Disney height works?

I am trying to read your livejournal blog. Can you help me figure out how to access it? All I get is "A Walt Disney World Career" with a green background and nothing else.

Thanks!

Last edited by Joeywarhorse; 12-24-2012 at 09:54 PM. Reason: thought of another question
Joeywarhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:57 AM   #919
McBain15
Earning My Ears

hello,

Does anyone know any dates for the fur character auditions for disneyland, disneyworld and disneyland paris?

And on the disney auditon website it says disney character performers does that mean fur characters ?
Thanks
Old 12-29-2012, 09:13 AM   #920
Joeywarhorse
Mouseketeer

Yes, they call fur, character performers. Character look-alike and parade performers are different.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:50 AM   #921
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeywarhorse View Post
Berlioz,

Can you tell us how Disney height works?

I am trying to read your livejournal blog. Can you help me figure out how to access it? All I get is "A Walt Disney World Career" with a green background and nothing else.

Thanks!
Sorry - heights are pretty secretive and cannot be shared publicly - however, if you check the other Character Audition thread there's a lot of info already out there.

I've granted you access to my blog - but I'll warn you I haven't posted since June and I was a performer in 08, a lot of things have changed. You can use the "archive" link on the blog to read my older posts.

Quote:
Yes, they call fur, character performers. Character look-alike and parade performers are different.
Actually - those are all Character Performers. The Performer role includes fur, face, parade movers, puppeteers, float drivers, and the list continues. An audition for a look-a-like is run VERY differently than an audition for the character performer. I suggest anyone seriously considering joining the Disney team attend the main character auditions, as you're only allowed to audition once every 6 months. When you go to the main character audition you are being considered for EVERYTHING!!
Old 12-30-2012, 03:50 PM   #922
littlelionsam
Earning My Ears

when CPs audition for character performer, can they be friends with a face character from the get-go, or do they have to audition while there?
littlelionsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:54 PM   #923
Joeywarhorse
Mouseketeer

Thanks Berlioz,

I should have been more clear on what I meant by Disney height. What I was wondering is if you'd be able to tell us how Disney measures people at the auditions. I've heard numerous times, "I'm really 5'6 but my Disney height is 5.45'" or something of that nature.

Are you able to tell us how Disney determines height and why it's not the exact physical height of many people who audition?
Old 12-31-2012, 09:29 AM   #924
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelionsam View Post
when CPs audition for character performer, can they be friends with a face character from the get-go, or do they have to audition while there?
Yep - you can be identified as a potential look-a-like at the CP Character Performer auditions.

Quote:
Thanks Berlioz,

I should have been more clear on what I meant by Disney height. What I was wondering is if you'd be able to tell us how Disney measures people at the auditions. I've heard numerous times, "I'm really 5'6 but my Disney height is 5.45'" or something of that nature.

Are you able to tell us how Disney determines height and why it's not the exact physical height of many people who audition?
Disney tries to measure true to height. You hear stories of people being measured out of the range, but it's not really as "orchestrated" as people try to make it sound. You are at your tallest in the morning, as you move and walk throughout the day your spine compresses and you are actually shorter at the end of the day. If you go to an AM audition you will be measured taller than at a PM audition.

Depending on the specific measuring tool there is always a margin of error, but Disney isn't going out of their way to fudge heights. When auditioning in Orlando, you are measured by the Talent Assists before the Casting Directors ever see you. At the CP auditions you'll be measure by the CDs.

It's more likely that people research their "desired" height prior to their audition and try to stretch or shrink accordingly.

I was measured to my true height at my initial audition, and maintained that height at 2 following internal auditions. I WISH I was an inch taller, but it is what it is, no use wishing for things that are never going to change.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:29 AM   #925
Joeywarhorse
Mouseketeer

Berlioz,

Thanks so much for answering that and also allowing me to read your live journal. I'm learning so much by reading it. I've only made it to June of 2009 so far, so I'm anxious to see what happens in the next three years.

I have another question:

Do you think your phone interviewer for CP has any contact with the audition people? For example, after you do your phone interview, and the interviewer thinks "Wow, that person sounds like he/she would be a great Disney employee and their dream is to be a character" they could highly recommend you to the audition people or put a good word in for you?

I think I already know the answer but was curious.

Also, do you think the chances of getting accepted as a character are more likely through the college program or through the regular full-time audition?

Thanks again!
Old 01-01-2013, 01:15 PM   #926
littlelotte
Earning My Ears

hey guys! I don't really know where to post this question, but you all seem like a patient, knowledgable bunch...
I'm so excited because there are finally new audition dates up for Disneyland and California Adventures. One problem though... the listing for the "Female Singer/Dancer/Actors for the Red Car News Boys" only has one role listed... "SAL: female, portrays 14-17, 5’ – 5’4”, tomboy who dresses in her brother’s clothes, alto"... should I even bother going if I'm above the recommended height?
littlelotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:37 PM   #927
McBain15
Earning My Ears

Berlioz,

I'm seriously considering of becoming a fur character, is it best to go to the fur character only auditions and if so how do you know which auditions are just for fur. And I was wondering if I could please read your journal about you disney career ?
Thank you
Old 01-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #928
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Berlioz,

Thanks so much for answering that and also allowing me to read your live journal. I'm learning so much by reading it. I've only made it to June of 2009 so far, so I'm anxious to see what happens in the next three years.

I have another question:

Do you think your phone interviewer for CP has any contact with the audition people? For example, after you do your phone interview, and the interviewer thinks "Wow, that person sounds like he/she would be a great Disney employee and their dream is to be a character" they could highly recommend you to the audition people or put a good word in for you?

I think I already know the answer but was curious.

Also, do you think the chances of getting accepted as a character are more likely through the college program or through the regular full-time audition?

Thanks again!
June 09 - wow, you made it pretty far in a short period of time!!

To be honest, I'm not positive, I highly doubt the auditions team corresponds with the interviewers... they're looking for different things. The Interviewer wants to make sure you meet the "Disney" mode and the auditioners are looking for your movement abilities. To be a Character you need to pass both areas. Having a great attitude unfortunately will not overshadow your movement ability.

If you're 5' or shorter, strong male mover, stilt walker, or strong princess look-a-like than going through the regular audition is generally better. If you do not fit those categories, then I recommend going the CP route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelotte View Post
hey guys! I don't really know where to post this question, but you all seem like a patient, knowledgable bunch...
I'm so excited because there are finally new audition dates up for Disneyland and California Adventures. One problem though... the listing for the "Female Singer/Dancer/Actors for the Red Car News Boys" only has one role listed... "SAL: female, portrays 14-17, 5’ – 5’4”, tomboy who dresses in her brother’s clothes, alto"... should I even bother going if I'm above the recommended height?
That sounds like an Equity role - not a Character Role. If you're 5'5ish I'd say go for it, much taller and I wouldn't bother. Those roles are cast more on talent, whereas Character roles are cast more based on height.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain15 View Post
Berlioz,

I'm seriously considering of becoming a fur character, is it best to go to the fur character only auditions and if so how do you know which auditions are just for fur. And I was wondering if I could please read your journal about you disney career ?
Thank you
There are no fur only auditions - just attend one of the bi-weekly Character Performer auditions. They will audition for everything at that.

To get access to my blog you have to create a livejournal account and then befriend me: brennailya.livejournal.com.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:05 PM   #929
McBain15
Earning My Ears

Ok, thank you very much

Just wondering do you know anyone that has moved from England to work at disney world or disneyland , I'm from England and I was just looking for more information on living and how easy it would be to move there.
Thanks again
Old 01-01-2013, 09:31 PM   #930
Joeywarhorse
Mouseketeer

Berlioz,

I just finished reading your entire live journal. I have to admit, it was almost as good as reading a good book and wondering how it was going to end. Your journey from CP to management is really fascinating and inspiring.

I thought of a ton of questions while I was reading, and now I can't remember very many.

Here's one: Can you describe what a manager in entertainment would do with Disney? Are the management positions specific to shows, parks, characters, etc? Which one would (did) you want the most?

One more: Do you work with CPs in your current position? If so, how?

Uno mas: Can you describe the CP role of "costuming" and would you recommend it over other roles?

Thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: