Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 01:36 AM   #1
EagertobeinWDW
Earning My Ears

Pin Code!!! Can I Use it for Two 3 Day Stays??

I've been toying with trying to bring my two children to WDW this year, and the discovery that I have a nice pin code is cementing our ability to go. I took them when they were age 3, and I would like to repeat the experience now that they are 7.

I have a question about how pin codes can be used, though, that I'm hoping some of the knowledgable board members might be able to answer.

I would like to have a few "down days" when we don't visit the parks. I think my children would fare better. If finances weren't an issue, I would love to simply prolong our onsite stay to play by the pool. But unfortunately, as a single parent, finances are a concern. I'm thinking I may save a considerable sum if we spend 3 days onsite, touring the parks on those days. Then, leave for a one-night offsite "rest day" with no park visit planned. And then, re-check into a WDW resort for 3 more days of parks, etc. In all, I hope for us to be able to visit the park between 7 to 9 days.

My question is can I apply the pin code for a visit for 4/21-25 and then for 4/26-28, and then for 4/29-30. (The dates all are ones covered by the pin code and simply are used to illustrate my plan.)

I appreciate any wisdom and kindly thank you in advance for your help!

To Disney or Bust!!!
EagertobeinWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:14 AM   #2
richard39
Mouseketeer

You must love packing and unpacking have you looked at the room rates off site I don't think you would actually save that much....and how relaxing are you going to be moving from place to place to place, where r you staying onsite? And are you renting a car to take you to the off site hotel or using a taxi, when you figure the price of everything you may save money staying onsite and just having less days park tickets....if you are staying 9 days only get 7 or 8 day park passes...
richard39 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 08:17 AM   #3
mountdew1
DIS Veteran

It all depends on the terms of the PIN code. Some allow for multiple uses, others only allow for single use. You would need to read the fine print.

To echo the PP, you may do better off to simply stay on property. Staying on property lets you use DME. As such, you don't need a car rental or cab. Moving offsite for 1 day would require you to either do a 1 day car rental, or take a cab with your kids and luggage. And in almost every situation, those two things would cost more than most savings you would get by moving offsite for a day. The obvious exception to this is if you drove down and had your own car. Just tossing it out there as I'm sure you are running the numbers yourself.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:49 AM   #4
erincon23
Everyone must have gotten a life in the last few days
As you can see, I have gotten sidetracked

There's no rule that you have to go to the parks when you're staying onsite -- a lot of people take an "off day" or two, staying by the pool. Disney has great pools at their resorts -- I doubt you'd find a cheaper hotel with as nice facilities -- the pools, playgrounds, food courts, etc. As the other posters have said, make sure you factor in the time -- not just money -- that everything takes. If you stay in your original resort for your off day, you can all sleep in, roll out to a late breakfast, play in the pool, go to Downtown Disney, etc., get to bed early, and get up at a decent time to get to your chosen park the next day.

If you choose to change, you have to get up early enough to complete your packing and check out by 11, take a cab or drive to your new hotel, check in, unpack enough to find swimsuits, get up early enough the next morning to checkout, check back in, waste all that time the second day that you could be at the park. For me, even if money were tight, I'd have to save a LOT to make myself do that. I'd rather cut back on a character meal or souveniers.

OH! And Welcome to the DIS!

me DH DS16 DS20 On our last family trip, 3/09
erincon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:00 AM   #5
mrsR123
Mad about the mouse
Teacher, teacher, can you teach me?

I haven't had enough coffee. When I first read this thread title I thought it said two 38 day stays. I was really wondering how THAT was going to work!

I agree with the concensus buildng so far, though, I'd just book the stay straight through and rest in one place. Or just come and go a bit as far as the parks are concerned. An additional day is pretty cheap at the 5 day mark anyway.
mrsR123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:59 AM   #6
EagertobeinWDW
Earning My Ears

A very kind thank you for voicing your thoughts on my situation. The points made are very sound. I hadn't considered the impact of checking out or the cost of taxi rides to an off-site hotel. I'm revising our plans: We'll buy 7 day tickets and stay 9 days onsite. That will give us a built-in rest day that I think will help us enjoy your vacation more.

Kind thank you and Happy New Year!
EagertobeinWDW is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: