Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2012, 06:28 PM   #76
areweindisneyyet
DIS Veteran

Am loving the pictures. Feels like I am there A December trip to WDW needed. How long do the decorations stay up after Christmas there especially the Osborne lights.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:46 PM   #77
Caroline NZ
DIS Veteran

Wonderful photos, I'm really enjoying your trip report
Sep/Oct 2013 - 5 weeks California & surrounds road trip, ending of course in Disneyland
Oct 2014 - First trip to WDW
2015 - Planning to head to the UK
Caroline NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2012, 07:48 PM   #78
aussietravellers
who LOVE disney holidays!

Location: Australia or Austria... they are the same place aren't they?

Enjoying all of the photos too!
2008 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge & Disneyland Paris - Hotel New York
2009 - Disneyland California - Grand Californian
2010 - Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom Lodge + Beach Club + Yacht Club Resorts My 2010 Trip to NY and WDW Trip Report
2013 - We lived at Disneyland for 4 months! - Residence Inn Garden Grove, Grand Californian & Disneyland Hotel
aussietravellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:50 AM   #79
ColinA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by areweindisneyyet View Post
Am loving the pictures. Feels like I am there A December trip to WDW needed. How long do the decorations stay up after Christmas there especially the Osborne lights.
Christmas decorations stay up 1-2 weeks after New Year, Osborne lights finish around the 6th January.

If you want to avoid the busy Christmas week the best weeks are the two before.
ColinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:21 AM   #80
areweindisneyyet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinA View Post
Christmas decorations stay up 1-2 weeks after New Year, Osborne lights finish around the 6th January.

If you want to avoid the busy Christmas week the best weeks are the two before.
Thanks Colin was planning on getting there the 2nd week of December but am thinking it might be to hard to get away from work. I am now thinking after Christmas but still want to see it all done up. Looking at Christmas 2015 which seems a while away. Doing Christmas in Hawaii. Am also looking at DVC. Have loved your threads on this.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:39 AM   #81
Minniemum
DIS Veteran

A belated Merry Christmas ColinA to you and your wife. I've been busy with our own celebrations and have just caught up on your TR which is full of wonderful photos.

Quote:
Lunch at Tony's in MK with Mark the server we have known for 10 years, took some of our own chocolate, one of the products we make and sell, think he had it eaten before we left, said he would then have no evidence for his wife to discover. Funny thing is we will see his wife at Be Our Guest on the 1st January and take her the same, will see what the result will be.
What a lovely personalised gift. Now I want to sample your chocolate! Do you distribute to Melbourne?

Quote:
Last night we met Daniel the greeter at the front gates of DHS, we had known him from the year before as the seater at Kouzzina, he said wait a minute and went to see his manager, came back with the six fast passes for HS, they expire on Dec 31.
You got some pixie dust. Congratulations! The value of these long term friendships must be rewarding.

[QUOTE=ColinA;46974420]Mama Melrose for dinner and then to see The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights [QUOTE]

Great photos! Not only did you get a photo of the cat you even managed to catch a shot of "Australia".

Your photos really make me feel like I'm there. They are bringing back wonderful memories of MVMCP and allowing me to see new things like the RV's decked out for Christmas. You really are giving us an enjoyably broad snapshot of WDW and why you enjoy being there at this time of year. Really looking forward to you showing us more.

DLR - 1/92 O/S, 3/99 O/S, 6/99 O/S, 3/05 DLH, 9/08 DLH, 9/09 DLH, 9/13 O/S
DLP - 9/98
DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean - 9/13
WDW - 4/98 O/S, 10/10 POP, 9/11 POFQ, 9/12 POFQ, 9/13 POFQ, 9/14 POFQ...still to come 9/15 POFQ

Last edited by Minniemum; 12-30-2012 at 10:32 AM.
Minniemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:36 AM   #82
ColinA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by areweindisneyyet View Post
Thanks Colin was planning on getting there the 2nd week of December but am thinking it might be to hard to get away from work. I am now thinking after Christmas but still want to see it all done up. Looking at Christmas 2015 which seems a while away. Doing Christmas in Hawaii. Am also looking at DVC. Have loved your threads on this.
After the 9th December you will get into the expensive season for airfares. You also run the risk in January of having a crane in the castle photos and often the maintenance on Main Street starts.

Before Christmas you will not have the problems.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:59 AM   #83
ColinA
DIS Veteran

What a lovely personalised gift. Now I want to sample your chocolate! Do you distribute to Melbourne?

You got some pixie dust. Congratulations! The value of these long term friendships must be rewarding.

Mama Melrose for dinner and then to see The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights
Quote:

Great photos! Not only did you get a photo of the cat you even managed to catch a shot of "Australia".

Your photos really make me feel like I'm there. They are bringing back wonderful memories of MVMCP and allowing me to see new things like the RV's decked out for Christmas. You really are giving us an enjoyably broad snapshot of WDW and why you enjoy being there at this time of year. Really looking forward to you showing us more.
Sorry, only from the Central Coast. We sell mostly to tour or seniors groups. It is good quality tempered chocolate, not supermarket type stuff.

Yesterday morning we went to Captain's Grille for breakfast and waited about 10 minutes to be seated with our regular server Thienau, as we were being seated the food runner came out with four poached eggs, we said you might have the wrong table, he came back again with the same response, the third time Thienau followed him with glasses of water with no ice, cup of tea for DW, and coffee for the other couple. Talk about service! It was funny.

Thienau works at Captain' Grille for breakfast and lunch and then said he was working that night as a server at Beaches and Cream until midnight and said we should visit. We arrrived at 10.45 pm, the place was packed and was an experience to see. There were three Kitchen Sinks served while were there.

Thienau lives a one hour drive from WDW and was due back at work at 6.45 am.

Thienau and his wife have asked to join us for dinner in the new year. It is experiences like this that make the visit to WDW so good.

Photos to follow.

Last edited by ColinA; 12-30-2012 at 10:04 AM.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:19 AM   #84
ColinA
DIS Veteran

Beaches and Cream in the Beach Club!

Kitchen Sink at the table beside us!

Old 12-30-2012, 10:33 AM   #85
ColinA
DIS Veteran

Photos of the front of an RV at Fort Wilderness, this is a common sight with them packed with babies!

Old 12-30-2012, 03:20 PM   #86
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

You're making me crave some ice cream! Nice pics at B&C.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:29 PM   #87
Marlea98
DIS Veteran

Finally caught up with the whole trip. Wow. Lovely photos, lovely trip. I'm drooling over the sink sundae
Old 12-30-2012, 06:44 PM   #88
ColinA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post
Finally caught up with the whole trip. Wow. Lovely photos, lovely trip. I'm drooling over the sink sundae
You need at least six people to clean one of those up!
Old 12-30-2012, 06:45 PM   #89
ColinA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
You're making me crave some ice cream! Nice pics at B&C.
The experience was fun but as far as ice cream goes I think the Boardwalk sweet shop is better!
Old 12-30-2012, 06:46 PM   #90
ColinA
DIS Veteran

Its a Small World at midnight!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: