Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 02:24 AM   #16
DisMN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToDisney View Post
This is the part of the terms and conditions that concerns me....
"You are required to convert paper tickets and passes in order to make and use FastPass+ selections. Once you convert a ticket or pass you will no longer be able to participate in the standard FASTPASS service upon arrival at the parks."

So once you opt to use FastPass+, you can no longer use the standard FASTPASS machines. Is that until my ticket runs out? If I want to use FastPass+ one day, I will no longer have the right kind of ticket to use the standard FASTPASS on another day? Does anyone else have a clearer understanding of this? Thanks.
That was exactly the part that concerns me too. I have the app but I doubt I will opt to use Fastpass plus with all the rules and requirements. Yuck, I agree with the person on another thread who said why didn't they leave it alone?
DisMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:43 AM   #17
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinkpoole View Post
I noticed earlier today that when I open the MyDisneyExperience app on my phone, click Explore, Attractions, Magic Kingdom, Big Thunder Mountain, it has a bar for Select FastPass+.

It opens a calendar and you can select a day but I just get an error message after that. Is this button new or has it always been there and I just missed it?

I would love to be able to schedule FastPass+ for my trip next week!!!!
~Yay! I had no idea, I just updated my app and there it was! I wish FP+ was ready -- it's so exciting to see everything finally come together! Thanks so much for the update & I hope you have a super fabulous trip next week!

Quote:
FastPass+ experiences are not transferable, have no cash value and may not be substituted.
~Yay! It looks like a another vicious FP+ rumor has been debunked!

Last edited by DRDISNEYMD; 12-30-2012 at 07:48 AM.
DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 06:47 AM   #18
CanadianGuy

Me and My Posse doing our New Kids on the Block moves at PI

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToDisney
"You are required to convert paper tickets and passes in order to make and use FastPass+ selections. Once you convert a ticket or pass you will no longer be able to participate in the standard FASTPASS service upon arrival at the parks."

So once you opt to use FastPass+, you can no longer use the standard FASTPASS machines. Is that until my ticket runs out? If I want to use FastPass+ one day, I will no longer have the right kind of ticket to use the standard FASTPASS on another day? Does anyone else have a clearer understanding of this? Thanks.
The clearest understanding? You have pretty much nailed the point of concern that most of us have ... The new 'reduced FP+' system is ultimately "less" than I am I used to getting from Disney ... as a resort guest or any other type of guest.

Disney will be getting an 'earful' from guests on these changes, I'm sure of it.

06/1995 - All Star Music | 11/1998 - Wilderness Lodge | 10/1999 - Disneyland
06/2006 - Pop Century | 03/2007 - Pop Century | 06/2007 - Coronado Springs
12/2007 - All Star Sports | 06/2008 - Pop Century | 09/2008 - All Star Sports
06/2010 - Swan | 06/2012 - Dolphin | 01/2013 - All Star Sports

CanadianGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:10 AM   #19
autumnpalm
Hates dark rooms, is a big rule follower, & loves repitition
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a host on The Shopping Channel
I have a secret feeling that butterflies are sinister creatures

Just wondering... how is Disney planning on handling guests who do not have a smartphone?
Old 12-30-2012, 08:14 AM   #20
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianGuy View Post
The clearest understanding? You have pretty much nailed the point of concern that most of us have ... The new 'reduced FP+' system is ultimately "less" than I am I used to getting from Disney ... as a resort guest or any other type of guest.

Disney will be getting an 'earful' from guests on these changes, I'm sure of it.
But....... doesn't that cool new bracelet make up for that?
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:19 AM   #21
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cme37 View Post
How do you get your itinerary in this app? I can only see a place for dining reservations but nothing else.
I can build an itinerary by clicking on the hearts, but I can't connect to my resort info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDISNEYMD View Post
~Yay! I had no idea, I just updated my app and there it was! I wish FP+ was ready -- it's so exciting to see everything finally come together! Thanks so much for the update & I hope you have a super fabulous trip next week!

~Yay! It looks like a another vicious FP+ rumor has been debunked!
what app are you using? Or for what type of device? I am not getting any FP+ options or descriptions. Although the term and conditions showed up.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:23 AM   #22
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnpalm View Post
Just wondering... how is Disney planning on handling guests who do not have a smartphone?
Good question. Guest services? Hotel concierge - if onsite? Kiosks in parks? You will have to be able to get a printout or update somewhere.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:29 AM   #23
Laketravis
FP is just fantastic, that is really what I think. Oh by the way.. which one's Pink?

When I took the survey after participating in the FP+ tests, one of the questions was:

"How did you keep track of your experiences?"

1. Wrote them down
2. Checked the website
3. Checked a smartphone
4. Asked a CM

Or something along those lines. Many of the questions had to do with mobile access, smartphones, etc. leading me to believe they are going to be depending on smartphones and apps as an integral part of FP+

Which I see as a very real problem from several standpoints - one being that I wouldn't receive an email or text reminder of my upcoming FP+ reservation until several hours after that reservation. And as much pixie dust as Disney might be able to muster, they aren't going to be able to control carrier and internet delays.
Laketravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:33 AM   #24
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

I think the way the new website rolled out is a real indication that Disney is willing to make sweeping changes before all the bugs are worked out.

I also think my experience the day they opened ADRs for BOG indicates that they are not very good at anticipating what should be obvious potential problems.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:34 AM   #25
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Credit card...

I can choose to link up a credit card to the app. It says in the terms and agreement so that I can purchase tickets, make room reservations, and make ADRs (for restaurants that need them). I wonder if at some point I would be able to purchase "extra" e-ticket FP+ slots just by clicking a button on my app?
Old 12-30-2012, 08:39 AM   #26
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
I can choose to link up a credit card to the app. It says in the terms and agreement so that I can purchase tickets, make room reservations, and make ADRs (for restaurants that need them). I wonder if at some point I would be able to purchase "extra" e-ticket FP+ slots just by clicking a button on my app?
You mean purchase something you used to get for free?

That's just crazy talk.

You mean continue to pay gate prices established when it included unlimited (so to speak) FP, but then keep clicking a button throughout the day to buy more "tickets"?

Just plain crazy I say.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:44 AM   #27
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook

I can build an itinerary by clicking on the hearts, but I can't connect to my resort info.

what app are you using? Or for what type of device? I am not getting any FP+ options or descriptions. Although the term and conditions showed up.
Same here.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:52 AM   #28
Laketravis
FP is just fantastic, that is really what I think. Oh by the way.. which one's Pink?

Quote:
"Darn it, Bob - they've figured it out before we even had a chance to decide how much to charge...."
Laketravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:02 AM   #29
jalaine
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToDisney View Post

Yep, I was going along with all of it just fine until RIGHT HERE! I feel like I would rather criss cross the parks and take my chances at being able to get more than 4 FastPasses rather than being LOCKED IN to only my FP+ reservations for my ENTIRE trip...yikes!

So if normally I would fast pass Splash Mountain more than once a day (which I couldn't do now under FP+ correct???), now I would only be able to FP+ it once and then if I wanted to ride it again my ONLY option would be stand by??? Not cool Disney...not cool.

(Would like to add that I might be misunderstanding this, but I thought you could only FP+ each attraction, up to 4, once...)
Old 12-30-2012, 09:03 AM   #30
WillAustin
FP+ Complainer

Quote:
I wonder if at some point I would be able to purchase "extra" e-ticket FP+ slots just by clicking a button on my app?
As weird as it sounds, that's my last thread of hope for our family using the new system.

If they do ultimately remove regular in-park Fastpass, and we are limited to 2 FP+ for top tier rides per day, it will absolutely ruin the way we enjoy the parks.

We really won't wait in a line over 20 minutes, and I'd even pay extra to avoid it. If that's not an option, we'd have to re-think our next vacation plans.

It does seem like they are on a fast-track to implement this sooner than later.

Our kids conspired to get together and ask for a birthday trip to WDW, and I'll take any excuse to get back.

We'll be there in a month. Maybe they'll be testing it further or even be in the initial stages of implementation by then. Maybe we'll be lucky enough to get one more trip in using the regular FPs.
WillAustin is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: