Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2012, 04:26 PM   #211
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny25 View Post
Hi only to know because you have posted 2 differents scenarios, are you rtickets discounted or not, and if you can tell us how much you have saved switching form POFQ to POR because I already have posted that POFQ donīt will be discounted at all when I post the spreadshet. Thank you for your time and Iīm very happy with your savings have a great 2013
Hi Danny

If I would have stayed with POFQ and gotten the discounted tickets, I would have saved $170.94 for 14 nights. I did not ask for a breakdown for what was a ticket discount and what was room discount. And yes, we both agree that we knew in advance that POFQ would not be discounted (or at least not discounted much) as it seldom is anymore for any offer.

By switching to POR we saved $551.30 on the room portion for 14 nights in June. Since we are staying beyond the promo dates, only my first 10 nights are discounted.

If I would have gotten the tickets, I would have saved an additional $67.64 for two 10 day park hoppers ($33.82 each). Per your ticket chart, I was expecting to save $146.76 on the tickets ($73.38 each). I know $80 is not a lot in the grand scheme of things but I also do not like WDW packages. I prefer room only and to get my tickets at a discount from an outside broker (Undercover Tourist). So to answer your question, no, I did not get the tickets.

As for my comment on the other thread about the chart being wrong, you will see that in my case, it was indeed wrong. Does that mean I am not grateful for the information in advance? Of course not. Disappointed that my numbers didn't match up? Yes. Placing the blame on you? Nope. I would never shoot the messenger
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Cinderumbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:45 PM   #212
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Hmmm, for my May trip, I can get a standard room at Pop for $1179.00 (20% off rack rate), a standard room with 10 day park hopper for $1550.90 and a standard room with 10 day hopper and DDP for $2106.80. That's $294.72 off the room and $27.48 off a 10 day hopper.

However, I currently have ten nights booked through a third party for a one bedroom condo at Wyndham Bonnet Creek for $895.00 for those same ten nights ($283.00 cheaper than the Visa discount, plus it's a one bedroom condo at a Deluxe resort compared with a tiny room at Pop). Think I'll keep the condo I've got (cheaper and alot more space, but still on WDW property).

Last edited by aubriee; 01-03-2013 at 05:38 AM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2012, 07:37 PM   #213
danny25
I love Disney and Iīm friend of STICH

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
Hi Danny

If I would have stayed with POFQ and gotten the discounted tickets, I would have saved $170.94 for 14 nights. I did not ask for a breakdown for what was a ticket discount and what was room discount. And yes, we both agree that we knew in advance that POFQ would not be discounted (or at least not discounted much) as it seldom is anymore for any offer.

By switching to POR we saved $551.30 on the room portion for 14 nights in June. Since we are staying beyond the promo dates, only my first 10 nights are discounted.

If I would have gotten the tickets, I would have saved an additional $67.64 for two 10 day park hoppers ($33.82 each). Per your ticket chart, I was expecting to save $146.76 on the tickets ($73.38 each). I know $80 is not a lot in the grand scheme of things but I also do not like WDW packages. I prefer room only and to get my tickets at a discount from an outside broker (Undercover Tourist). So to answer your question, no, I did not get the tickets.

As for my comment on the other thread about the chart being wrong, you will see that in my case, it was indeed wrong. Does that mean I am not grateful for the information in advance? Of course not. Disappointed that my numbers didn't match up? Yes. Placing the blame on you? Nope. I would never shoot the messenger
Like I have sayed in the other thread, please, double check with Disney or your TA about the price of the tickets they have quoted you, may be they have added water parks because the price I have poseted IS correct. At less you have saved 551 on your room with this offer, Letīs celebrate that and letīs see in 5 days, thank you again
danny25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:39 PM   #214
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny25 View Post
Like I have sayed in the other thread pleae double check with Disney or TA about the price of the tickets may be they have added water parks becuse the price I have poseted IS correct. Letīs see in 5 days, thank you again
Danny !!!
Shaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:33 PM   #215
hugApug
The world is mud-luscious and puddle-wonderful-e.e. cummings

Spent less than 10 minutes on the phone and applied the discount to my 4 night room only stay at POP for June. I'm happy with a savings of $152! Wahoo!

hugApug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:34 PM   #216
Butwhyistherumgone?
I've got a jar of dirt! I've got a jar of dirt! And guess what's inside it!

which resorts have the 30% discounts?
Butwhyistherumgone? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:45 PM   #217
nonstopdisneymom
Mouseketeer

I also booked for POR the room was 25% off so I was pleased with that but I was also disappointed to see the tickets were not discounted as deeply as the chart showed. I only saved about $20-25 per ticket. Maybe the chart didn't really include tax? Idk but I was glad for the heads up about the discount coming, thanks Danny!! I will check again in a few days to see if the site shows a cheaper price. Cuz, if so, I will be calling back!
nonstopdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:54 AM   #218
MomofCKJ
I just lost steam at about 5 minutes
Wants to really smell the roses
I will not eat the second end of the hot dog

I had a ressie in a LM room at AoA for my 3 kids and I for March 12-17. I asked my TA if I'd save some $$ moving to Pop or what the cost would be to upgrade with this new discount to a Mod. I could save $300 moving to Pop or I could save $80 moving to CSR. So CSR here we come! I'm very excited to upgrade to a Mod and save some money, just a little but every bit counts. I've always wanted to stay at CSR, we were booked there in 2009 for the Marathon weekend and got moved due to overbooking. Kids are so excited to check out the pool!

Allyson
MomofCKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:27 AM   #219
DisneyJanFeb2008
Mouseketeer

BC had 30% off which was surprising

DisneyJanFeb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:01 AM   #220
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJanFeb2008 View Post
BC had 30% off which was surprising

That's what we wanted and booked it quick. I was happy!
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC
disneymagicgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:34 AM   #221
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butwhyistherumgone? View Post
which resorts have the 30% discounts?
Pretty sure it was all deluxe except for monorail resorts. Maybe a view or two was limited but I don't remember those.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:39 AM   #222
nicki.momof3
Addicted to Disney Vacations

Quote:
Hi Danny

Nicely said!
nicki.momof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:55 AM   #223
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofCKJ View Post
I had a ressie in a LM room at AoA for my 3 kids and I for March 12-17. I asked my TA if I'd save some $$ moving to Pop or what the cost would be to upgrade with this new discount to a Mod. I could save $300 moving to Pop or I could save $80 moving to CSR. So CSR here we come! I'm very excited to upgrade to a Mod and save some money, just a little but every bit counts. I've always wanted to stay at CSR, we were booked there in 2009 for the Marathon weekend and got moved due to overbooking. Kids are so excited to check out the pool!

Allyson
Awesome and congrats !!!!

We were at CSR last year, it is great. And the kids are going to love the pool !
Shaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:58 AM   #224
DisneyJanFeb2008
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymagicgirl View Post
That's what we wanted and booked it quick. I was happy!
And now the BCV through Disney are sold out (I did the studio villa vs. regular room and saved additional $500). So I'm glad I booked!
Old 12-30-2012, 11:00 AM   #225
DisneyJanFeb2008
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi Danny

Cinderumbrella - We usually do tix through Undercover Tourist too - I booked entire package this time through Disney just assuming there were the tix discounts. I hope I wasn't wrong!! Did you get info that the tix were in fact discounted and at what rate?? My CM on the phone just said that generally yes the tix were discounted but in the package so I guess they don't know??

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: