Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 03:42 AM   #16
kaligal
DIS Veteran

No.

Go to Bonnet Creek.
Fantasmic sucks.
kaligal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:05 AM   #17
nw2this
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmhf View Post
I am using touring plans and EasyWDW to plan touring days and they seem to recommend avoiding extra magic hours. Confused. Please help!
I was also confused about why touringplans.com didn't recommend parks with morning emh so I e-mailed them and they explained that you do get more touring time using emh but that most folks can't do them because they are offsite or don't do them because they don't get up early enough. They have to make one recommendation that fits the majority of their readers and subscribers. For the majority the better choice is the park with lower daily crowd levels and emh parks will have higher crowd levels after emh are over.

So if you are in the minority who will get there early enough or use the evening hours, stay onsite.
nw2this is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 06:58 AM   #18
bauer1168
DIS Veteran

As a PP stated, Disney usually will change their operating hours. So expect them to extend their hours. I'm pretty sure they do it for every month.
bauer1168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:37 AM   #19
Sphinx610
DIS Veteran

No I don't think it's worth it for the emh alone, as you may not use them or they may not be available at the park you want on the day you want; but it is worth it for all the other reasons staying on site is great. It's personal preference due to your specific situation. If you feel that EMH is the only perk that's worth staying for, and you think you will use emh, consider it as one of your pros on the pro/con list. No one can really answer this for you. Some ppl on here are avid off-siters and some are avid on-siters. So you will get opposing positions.

Personally, I wouldn't even consider offsite. To me the resorts are each unique and it is part of the Disney experience. Plus, the ease of booking the trip- everything is seamless from the minute you arrive to the minute you leave. I love the KTTW & like that it is all integrated- including charges. I hate driving, especially to unfamiliar places and then paying to park in a sea of cars, taking the tram... ugh... Oh what was that? You will drop me off at the front gate? Yes please! I fly there, so the Magic Express is another thing I take advantage of. (And, however small, i love the resort mugs! Lol) I don't use the EMH much. I have little ones and can't do the evening hrs and I'm so not a morning person. Lol I don't think we get there bf 10:30! Ha! Thats just me & my situation though...

But yeah all we can give you is our personal opinion. And you know what they say about opinions...
Old 12-30-2012, 09:37 AM   #20
mmmhf
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx610

But yeah all we can give you is our personal opinion. And you know what they say about opinions...
Lol! I agree. I was honestly surprised by the number of people in here who would rather stay on site value than offsite anything just to be part of the magic. It's one of the reasons I am so torn about staying possibly staying off site. I'm afraid it won't feel like we are in Disney at all.

I do love the convenience of the KTTW card. I just keep imagining my family in all that space. Anyone every rented DVC points? Maybe that's a happy trade off. Is it too late to check into that for a june vacation? I just can't justify rack rates for even a studio much less a two bedroom. ;(
mmmhf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:27 AM   #21
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

Quote:
I just can't justify rack rates for even a studio much less a two bedroom.
Two Value rooms are a better deal if it makes the difference between staying on site and off -- in my opinion, of course.

You're on the edge for renting points. If you decide to do that, hurry.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:17 PM   #22
mmmhf
Earning My Ears

Can someone direct me where to look for renting points? I am utterly confused about DVC and points. Is there a beginner thread somewhere for renting vs buying etc.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:05 PM   #23
nw2this
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Can someone direct me where to look for renting points? I am utterly confused about DVC and points. Is there a beginner thread somewhere for renting vs buying etc.
http://www.mousesavers.com/other-dis...ub/#rentpoints
nw2this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:43 PM   #24
jmkjr72
DIS Veteran

emh isnt the only reason to stay on property

we enjoy the fact that we do not have to drive if we dont want to
dme is a big plus for us
we also enjoy the fact that all our purchases are brought back to the room for us

then you have to figure out what your extra travel time is worth to you
you know all that extra time you are going to be spending in your car every day of your trip
jmkjr72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:21 PM   #25
magrudersmakes3
DIS Veteran

posted on wrong thread

1998 First trip offsite, 2003 CBR, 2004 Sea World, 2005 POR, 2007 POR, 2008 BW, 2010 CCL, 2010 HRH Universal, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Dream, 2013 POP/POR (Princess 1/2 Marathon), 2013 BLT

Last edited by magrudersmakes3; 12-30-2012 at 03:07 PM.
magrudersmakes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:51 PM   #26
jenjordan
Earning My Ears

For me, the answer would be no. I stay offsite because I like to get away from all the "magic" once in a while and recharge my batteries. I don't mind driving in every day (especially since where we stay is 5 min from Disney and I probably spend less time driving than a lot of people do using Disney transportation).

I might miss a little magic staying offsite, but it more than makes up for it with a happier mom who gets to stretch out and not be on top of 3 other people in a small hotel room in a resort that is overrun by other vacationers.

DH Me DD1 (14) DD2 (11)
jenjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:07 PM   #27
scrapper2k
Mouseketeer

I was at Disney this summer. It was my first time in 10 trips that I stayed offsite (Sheraton Vistana Resort) and we were so happy with our choice. The parks are open for many hours anyway, and we just avoided the early/late parks and it worked out beautifully. I had booked two value rooms but paid less for a two bedroom suite, had a full kitchen and washer/dryer for less. It was a no brainer.

I thought I would terribly miss being immersed in Disney 24/7 but the downtime was nice and spreading out was amazing. Do it and you won't regret it.
scrapper2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:46 PM   #28
mmmhf
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by magrudersmakes3
posted on wrong thread
I really wasn't sure where to post it. Suggestions?
Old 12-30-2012, 09:56 PM   #29
mmmhf
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapper2k
I was at Disney this summer. It was my first time in 10 trips that I stayed offsite (Sheraton Vistana Resort) and we were so happy with our choice. The parks are open for many hours anyway, and we just avoided the early/late parks and it worked out beautifully. I had booked two value rooms but paid less for a two bedroom suite, had a full kitchen and washer/dryer for less. It was a no brainer.

I thought I would terribly miss being immersed in Disney 24/7 but the downtime was nice and spreading out was amazing. Do it and you won't regret it.
Thanks so much! This is exactly what I'm worried about. It really helps to hear that you were happy with your choice.

In the future I will try to rent DVC points to have the best of both worlds but I think it's too late to try that now; maybe for our next trip.

It's great you were happy with your choice and didn't miss the EMH. Eases my mind and I think I will stick with WBC, unless an amazing discount or pin code comes out.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:59 PM   #30
wdwfan22
Totally Obsessed Disney Nut!

I usually stay on site for various reasons (I love the dining plan, not driving). We have not had great luck with EMHs on some trips. But this last trip we used them wisely and now I love them. If you can get up early, take a mid day break, and stay up late then they work great.

Go to park with AM EMH, stay for a few hours til park gets more crowded, take a break, then go back to park with evening EMH. Of course, there are not 2 parks everyday with EMH. So go to park with AM EMH then hop to park that does not have EMH. That first hour, and the next couple are usually great. And from about 11 on in MK with pm EMH is great. I couldn't believe how empty the park was after 11. We rode on Peter Pan over and over at 2am. NO ONE in line.

If you are not a family that can get up early, or stay up super late, then they are not worth it.

Disneyland - 1968 - 1982 - too many times to count; June 1984; June 1986; summer 1991; summer 1993; July 6 - 11 2003; November 11 - 20 2010; April 29 - May 3 2011; Feb 3 - 8 2012
Disney World - February 1983; August 1988; April 29 - May 9 1999; Nov 30 - Dec 10 2001; Jan 3 -12 2007; Dec 9 - 21 2008; Dec 2 - 8 2009; Sep 30 - Oct 9 2012: Jan 2 - 12 2014
Disneyland - Jan 3 - 13 2015 Yea!!
wdwfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: