Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2012, 10:42 PM   #1
Soccer and Swim Mom
Stay at Home Mommy of 2

Question ...booking a package soon.

Should I book a package directly through Disney or should I use a travel agent?

I am going to be booking our package in the next few days. My husband is turning 40 on Jan. 5th and this is his surprise! That the kids and I are taking him to Disney. We will be going in July for our 15th anniversary. This will also his first trip to Disney and be our first family vacation. (My husband will be wearing all those cute pins! LOL!!)

I'm trying to work my magic and pay for the trip entirely by myself. (A big feat for a stay at home soccer /swim mom.) I've been making bows to all the area cheer / sports teams. So I really am trying to keep my budget reasonable.

Should I go directly through Disney or use an travel planner?

Thanks!

Last edited by Soccer and Swim Mom; 12-29-2012 at 10:43 PM. Reason: edit
Soccer and Swim Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:48 PM   #2
Sphinx610
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccer and Swim Mom
Should I book a package directly through Disney or should I use a travel agent?

I am going to be booking our package in the next few days. My husband is turning 40 on Jan. 5th and this is his surprise! That the kids and I are taking him to Disney. We will be going in July for our 15th anniversary. This will also his first trip to Disney and be our first family vacation. (My husband will be wearing all those cute pins! LOL!!)

I'm trying to work my magic and pay for the trip entirely by myself. (A big feat for a stay at home soccer /swim mom.) I've been making bows to all the area cheer / sports teams. So I really am trying to keep my budget reasonable.

Should I go directly through Disney or use an travel planner?

Thanks!
I went directly through Disney. It was the same price and totally painless. Check with AAA if you have it bc they do offer discounts. Good luck and I have a small business as a sah mom too so I know how hard it is to make al that money and try to surprise the hubs! You are awesome!
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 08:30 AM   #3
mountdew1
DIS Veteran

I'd use a dedicated Disney Travel Agent. There is no cost to doing so, and some will actually give you freebies when booking. Since they are dedicated to Disney, they know the ins and outs of Disney. And most of them will automatically try to apply any discounts you are eligible for. If you book through Disney you would need to call and have them try to apply it. And most of the Disney TA's will gladly give you whatever information you need so that you can do things like make your own ADRs, or they will do it for you. I'd stay away from most normal travel agents as they tend to not specialize, and may not understand the importance of things like making an ADR for CRT or BoG exactly at 180 days out.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:20 PM   #4
Raenstoirm
BL6 Team Challenge Tracker
Lets go get me your numbers!

Personally I will never use a TA ever again. I currently have a cruise booked with a TA and I HATE it. She is nice enough and very knowledgable about cruising, but I hate having to go through her to make changes and book certain things. That said, if you want to have a hands-off planning experience, a TA might be for you.

Trying to stay at every resort, but we are creatures of habit!
Caribbean Beach/Riverside/Wilderness Lodge/All Star Movies/Beach Club/Contemporary

Raenstoirm is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: