Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 11:23 AM   #3196
erynsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LekiaHall View Post
Took my daughter for her 4th birthday on 12/20. Great experience! She usually fusses when she gets her hair brushed and she runs from the comb. No problem at BBB! In fact, our Fairy Godmother didn't even need a comb or brush ( I didn't tell her anything about my daughter being fussy...she just didn't use them). The gel they use to lay down the hair is AWESOME. I'm mad I didn't ask for the product's name so I could use it at home.

Overall great time. My daughter enjoyed the pampering and she looked so cute. Of course, she picked the "diva" style and pink hair. I let her roll with it and the pink actually turned out cute. It definitely was a head turner in the park. I plan to do this on each subsequent trip until she tires of it.
Lekia,
A quick question...did the birthday tiara come with the package? I am taking my DD for her birthday in Feb and that tiara would be perfect.

Very cute picks by the way...love the attitude

Cheryl
Old 12-27-2012, 12:05 PM   #3197
LekiaHall
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by erynsmom View Post
Lekia,
A quick question...did the birthday tiara come with the package? I am taking my DD for her birthday in Feb and that tiara would be perfect.

Very cute picks by the way...love the attitude

Cheryl
Thanks, Cheryl. No, the tiara didn't come with the crown package. I bought it on eBay.
Paid $5. Well worth it; it got her lots of attention.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2012, 11:00 AM   #3198
ilovedisney1982
Loving Disney Every Day!

Smile Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

Hi DISers!

For my daughter's 11th birthday in March, we're going to WDW. I decided I'm going to surprise her with the BBB. I'm deciding whether I should:

A- Take the day in MK and have her makeover there, then maybe have a nice dinner at CRT

-or-

B- In the morning, go to DTD and get makeover, then transfer to other park.

Other options are appreciated, too! Also, what should I do with my 3 year old son? Is there a "prince package" for his age? Thanks in advance!
Old 12-29-2012, 11:03 AM   #3199
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovedisney1982 View Post
Hi DISers!

For my daughter's 11th birthday in March, we're going to WDW. I decided I'm going to surprise her with the BBB. I'm deciding whether I should:

A- Take the day in MK and have her makeover there, then maybe have a nice dinner at CRT

-or-

B- In the morning, go to DTD and get makeover, then transfer to other park.

Other options are appreciated, too! Also, what should I do with my 3 year old son? Is there a "prince package" for his age? Thanks in advance!
IMO if you're going to pay for the BBB the castle is much more special. And eating at CRT afterwards is just fantastic for a newly done up princess!

There are prince packages - I don't know if they are here or at the Barbershop though. There's also pirate makeovers elsewhere.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:07 AM   #3200
tcherjen
DIS Veteran

For the tender headed child

So my DD is very tender headed.... She would love to do BBB, but does not want them twisting her hair and such. I thought the courtyard package would be great. She would love the outfit, but again they are braiding the hair. Anyone else have a child like this? What was your experience?

medhdd7ds16 dd19

http://www.pinterest.com/tcherjen/
Old 12-29-2012, 11:17 AM   #3201
ilovedisney1982
Loving Disney Every Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
IMO if you're going to pay for the BBB the castle is much more special. And eating at CRT afterwards is just fantastic for a newly done up princess!

There are prince packages - I don't know if they are here or at the Barbershop though. There's also pirate makeovers elsewhere.
Thanks for the help! Where are the pirate makeovers? You seriously don't know how much my son ADORES pirates!
Old 12-29-2012, 11:47 AM   #3202
AngieBelle
Future Belle on Broadway
Sewed names on hats @ WDW
Sings like an angel

Hi! Aww, this thread brings back memories. I was a Fairy Godmother in Training at MK's BBB from September 2007- January 2012 when my husband and I moved to CA. I miss it so much! Did any of you have me do you child's (or your) hair? I would love to see pics or videos! I was photographed and video taped all day long- most of which I never got to see the results. I was the only one there named Angela and was also known as the singing Fairy Godmother because I constantly sang along with the background music while working.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:26 PM   #3203
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovedisney1982 View Post
Thanks for the help! Where are the pirate makeovers? You seriously don't know how much my son ADORES pirates!
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ev...irates-league/

Pretty sure this is the right thing. Never done it myself! They do mermaid makeovers there now too... go getchya one!
Old 12-29-2012, 12:54 PM   #3204
aharbin88
DIS Veteran

Is there a thread/post on here that explains the differences in packages?
Old 12-29-2012, 12:59 PM   #3205
ilovedisney1982
Loving Disney Every Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ev...irates-league/

Pretty sure this is the right thing. Never done it myself! They do mermaid makeovers there now too... go getchya one!
Thanks! Looks like DH is Capt. Hook!
Old 12-29-2012, 11:40 PM   #3206
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LekiaHall View Post
Took my daughter for her 4th birthday on 12/20. Great experience! She usually fusses when she gets her hair brushed and she runs from the comb. No problem at BBB! In fact, our Fairy Godmother didn't even need a comb or brush ( I didn't tell her anything about my daughter being fussy...she just didn't use them). The gel they use to lay down the hair is AWESOME. I'm mad I didn't ask for the product's name so I could use it at home.

Overall great time. My daughter enjoyed the pampering and she looked so cute. Of course, she picked the "diva" style and pink hair. I let her roll with it and the pink actually turned out cute. It definitely was a head turner in the park. I plan to do this on each subsequent trip until she tires of it.

A few pics:
Picking out hairstyle:

Makeup:

Finished!

Her diva attitude came at no extra charge! LOL
Your little princess is so beautiful! She rocked that pink hair really well!
Old 12-30-2012, 07:55 AM   #3207
KMcCP
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aharbin88
Is there a thread/post on here that explains the differences in packages?
I'm sure it does somewhere in this giant thread... The packages descriptions are explained too on the Disney site. I believe they start around $50 dollars for hair and makeup.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:25 AM   #3208
lillykat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcherjen View Post
So my DD is very tender headed.... She would love to do BBB, but does not want them twisting her hair and such. I thought the courtyard package would be great. She would love the outfit, but again they are braiding the hair. Anyone else have a child like this? What was your experience?
I am curious as to the answer on this. My girls are sensitive and don't like their hair pulled too tight. I'm worried they will be upset and want it taken down. But they have friends who did BBB so can anyone give me some insight on this?
May 2013 POR Princess Trip! May 2010 POLY DD#2's 1st birthdaySept 2008 POLY - DD#1's 1st tripApril 2004 - AKL honeymoonJanuary 2002 at AKL
Old 12-30-2012, 09:40 PM   #3209
Fjobe
DIS Veteran

I'm taking my girls in March. I had originally booked the Castle package. Today, after talking about BBB with them, I discovered that they both want to be Ariel. The mermaid Ariel dress I've seen that they have at BBB is in 2 pieces and shows the belly, so I decided to change my plans and order the dress from Disney Store (one piece and covers the belly). I called the BBB number and let them know we will be doing the Crown package instead (they said I coud have just let them know the day of and hadn't needed to call). I am feeling good about my decision, and the savings is an added bonus!

Old 12-30-2012, 09:51 PM   #3210
erynsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjobe
I'm taking my girls in March. I had originally booked the Castle package. Today, after talking about BBB with them, I discovered that they both want to be Ariel. The mermaid Ariel dress I've seen that they have at BBB is in 2 pieces and shows the belly, so I decided to change my plans and order the dress from Disney Store (one piece and covers the belly). I called the BBB number and let them know we will be doing the Crown package instead (they said I coud have just let them know the day of and hadn't needed to call). I am feeling good about my decision, and the savings is an added bonus!
That's good to know. I am surprising DD with a visit to the BBB and just randomly chose a pkg. I'm glad to hear it shouldn't be a problem to change it once we are there.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: