Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-30-2012, 09:04 AM   #8
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Smile thank your husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlocke View Post
My husband is a cast member for Disney and works on backing up the storage for Disneys various websites. Before they go live with a website, there are months and months (sometimes years) of behind the scenes work and testing that goes on by lots of people! Unfortunately, things happen.....mistakes happen, sometimes its software error and sometimes its human error. Before you say someone should be fired, let me tell you that when problems occur, they try to fix it as fast as humanly possible and their employees are working around the clock to find out what is wrong and fix the issue. Disney cares about their customers and I assure you are working to fix these issues you're all talking about! My husband is on call every three-four weeks and there have been birthday parties he has missed, all nighters pulled, vacations interrupted....all in the name of trying to uphold their reputation and get things up and running. When you get frustrated, just remember they know its a problem....they're not ignoring it, they're working on it and it just may take some time, and their employees are working very hard to fix the problem!!!!
Please thank your husband because castmembers rely heavily on his team for their
work behind the scenes Everything is done on the web internet and intranet
From first applying for a position to accessing work schedules, paychecks, internal email,
costume performance and attendance records on and on layers and layers of technology that makes my head spin He has a role that we never think about as guests or CMs until something goes wrong then its 'fire someone' things happen is it frustrating of course but
nothing in this world is perfect and IMHO we are all spoiled impatient and
demanding We have again IMHO lost touch with people esp the ones behind scenes because we are too used to instant results at the touch of a button

If this gets anyone irritated take a breath before hitting that submit reply and thank the n@mless faceless people behind this website that makes your posting possible

Happy New Year I wish you all health employment peace and patience

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: