Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2012, 05:49 PM   #16
Reddy
Scrapbooker

hmmmm I wonder if they are going to start not doing that anymore - like they were telling people over the phone
I hope not but if the special is for these certain dates then you aren't playing fair (so maybe a trip to Harry Potter will change their minds)
Old 12-18-2012, 05:52 PM   #17
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
The remedy is to be armed with the latest info HERE on this forum.**
Then, if the CM is reluctant to do the deed, just thank that CM, and quietly head for another ticketing location.

** Knowing that if anything is posted here incorrectly, it will generally only be a matter of minutes before other posters will come along to correct the gaffe.

With the kind of "peer-reviewed" and current info you can get here, you can be a well-informed guest.

Or you can stamp your feet, pout, and yell about how Cheshire Figment knows things, is in ticketing, and he said differently. Then watch them get confused and ask you who or what the heck "Cheshire Figment" is.

JennaDeeDooDah is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2012, 06:47 PM   #18
jmm476
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk

If things hadn't worked out for us at MK, I was thinking I would head for GR at DTD. I was prepared with a printout of CF's info on early ticket pick-up. But I have to admit..... I was sweating it just a little. It went so easily last year that I didn't have a back-up plan for this year.
Lol I was carrying a printout of CFs directions too! I started sweating it a lot while standing in line and a cast member told me they were having issues with the system upgrade. So maybe the CMs at Epcot tried once earlier in the day and had an issue, so were told to just issue 1 day passes to anyone else who asked? Like I mentioned above, she didn't even try. Just told me the system was causing issues and to sign on the line for my tickets.

Later at POR, they were concerned that what they had tried would cause issues with my checking in at Pop on 12/10, so they gave me extra printouts just in case. But everything went smoothly during that check in.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:15 PM   #19
smileymomof3
Mouseketeer

We had a room only at POR 12/8 and 12/9 with package starting 12/10. I went to the concierge at POR and at first he said he could only give the tickets up to 24 hours early (as a previous poster here stated) but after stepping away and speaking to someone, he came back and gave me the tix. Too bad they don't all get on the same page on this policy.
smileymomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:35 PM   #20
Bamagal
Mouseketeer

We were there Dec.8 -15 and picked our tickets up 2 days early from when our package started. It can be done. Maybe you got some misinformed cast member. Nothing's changed.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:16 PM   #21
TIGGER'SFRIEND
Michaiyla's Gramma !!!!!!! There's no place like home ( unless your at WDW)
Green is my favorite color
So fascinated with a stalking Tag Fairy that she stole her son's laptop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloelovesdisney View Post
That's a shame, it's always been reported you could get them early. Wonder what happened. How long were you in BOG? I wouldn't have been thrilled to spend that much party time in a restaurant (even BOG).
Actually our ressies for BOG was 5:25pm so we were out in time for the party.

POP Century 11/13 & 4/14 & 12/14
Disneyland-HoJo's 4/12 AOA 12/12 POP 12/12
Disneyland Hotel 2/11 POP Century 12/11
POP & Wilderness Lodge 12/10
POP CENTURY 9/08,12/08,9/09 CBR 12/09
ASmu 12/07,POP 12/06,12/05,12/04 POP CENTURY 12/14/2003 ORIGINAL GUEST
PO/FQ 2002,MANY OFFSITE VISITS
TIGGER'SFRIEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:26 PM   #22
TIGGER'SFRIEND
Michaiyla's Gramma !!!!!!! There's no place like home ( unless your at WDW)
Green is my favorite color
So fascinated with a stalking Tag Fairy that she stole her son's laptop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagal View Post
We were there Dec.8 -15 and picked our tickets up 2 days early from when our package started. It can be done. Maybe you got some misinformed cast member. Nothing's changed.
The cast member tried several times to print up the tickets but the system wouldn't let her--I was getting a bit distressed as I had our days planned and not getting our tickets would be a disaster. It all worked out in the end and I was very thankful to the CM that gave us the passes to get into the park. She was very frustrated that it did not work for her. We were at her window for at least 25mins.

POP Century 11/13 & 4/14 & 12/14
Disneyland-HoJo's 4/12 AOA 12/12 POP 12/12
Disneyland Hotel 2/11 POP Century 12/11
POP & Wilderness Lodge 12/10
POP CENTURY 9/08,12/08,9/09 CBR 12/09
ASmu 12/07,POP 12/06,12/05,12/04 POP CENTURY 12/14/2003 ORIGINAL GUEST
PO/FQ 2002,MANY OFFSITE VISITS
TIGGER'SFRIEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:29 PM   #23
LAtink
Earning My Ears

Happened to me as well. Free Dining started on 12/10, tried to get my tickets at AK on 12/08 and had multiple issues. Took 45 minutes in the morning, was given a complimentary pass to AK for the day. Stopped at guest relations at AK when exiting for the day, another 30 minutes wasted. My package wasnt even showing tickets anymore. First CM had deleted my tickets! Room only stay was at Pop. Free Dining package was at POR. So I decided to drive to POR to see what they could do. After an hour wait, I was given another complimentary ticket for Dec 9th. Upon checkin at POR on the 10th, my package had to be cancelled and rebooked. Never will I do that again. Way too exhausting! But Disney did take care of me, just took about 3 hours of my day to do it.
LAtink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:27 PM   #24
tinka-belle
DIS Veteran

Had a 12/10 FD package at CSR, checked into CRS on a room only res for 12/8 and 12/9. We arrived late in the day on 12/8, went to DTD to eat, then to GS at DTD since most here say they have no problems getting their tickets early there.

Couldn't get our tix issued at DTD, well we could but the CM said it would not be worth the wait since he had to call CSR to issue them and get them printed remotely. Since the lines there were long we opted not to wait and take up his time or slow the line for others. CM told us it would be easier for us to pick them up at CSR since we didn't need them that night and we could avoid the remote printing. He mentioned the computer upgrade too, but I'm unclear if this was just an issue with the new upgrade or if this is new policy.

We had absolutely no problem the next morning getting the GS desk at CSR to issue the passes a day early. I had Chesire Figment's instructions with me too just in case! CM was amused that I had the instructions with me but he did know what he was doing. Took about two minutes and we were off to the parks.
tinka-belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:38 PM   #25
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER'SFRIEND View Post
The cast member tried several times to print up the tickets but the system wouldn't let her--I was getting a bit distressed as I had our days planned and not getting our tickets would be a disaster. It all worked out in the end and I was very thankful to the CM that gave us the passes to get into the park. She was very frustrated that it did not work for her. We were at her window for at least 25mins.
So this really sounds like a technical glitch, and not a case of a policy change.

I had an airline try and charge me $75 extra dollars for 3 extra checked bags I didn't have, because the remote check-in desk at BC couldn't correctly check me in and print my tickets, all because of a technical glitch (for the record, having an apostrophe in one's name can suck), and so we got checked in multiple times - with luggage each time - yet we couldn't even leave our luggage and had to bring it with us to the airport...

Technical glitches happen.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:12 PM   #26
Keegansmommy
Mouseketeer

I didn't know you could get park tickets early. We're arriving late Tues w/ a room only ressies. Can we get our package tickets for the next day when we check in on Tuesday then?

So much fun we're going AGAIN!

1985 - offsite 2004 - All Star Music (honeymoon)
1991 - offsite 2006 - All Star Sports
1998 - offsite 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Pop Century
2010 - Pop Century
2011 - Port Orleans French Quarter
2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter
2013 - Leaving New Year's Day! Surprise Christmas present for our boys. - Port Orleans French Quarter
Keegansmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:29 PM   #27
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keegansmommy View Post
I didn't know you could get park tickets early. We're arriving late Tues w/ a room only ressies. Can we get our package tickets for the next day when we check in on Tuesday then?
Yep. Check post 15-I of the ticket sticky.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:15 PM   #28
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAtink View Post
Happened to me as well. Free Dining started on 12/10, tried to get my tickets at AK on 12/08 and had multiple issues. Took 45 minutes in the morning, was given a complimentary pass to AK for the day. Stopped at guest relations at AK when exiting for the day, another 30 minutes wasted. My package wasnt even showing tickets anymore. First CM had deleted my tickets! Room only stay was at Pop. Free Dining package was at POR. So I decided to drive to POR to see what they could do. After an hour wait, I was given another complimentary ticket for Dec 9th. Upon checkin at POR on the 10th, my package had to be cancelled and rebooked. Never will I do that again. Way too exhausting! But Disney did take care of me, just took about 3 hours of my day to do it.
Not quite.

Unless they gave you your three hours back.

In the form of letting you go on several busy rides without having to wait in line first.

By issuing you extra fastpasses.

You need to ask.

Psst! The normal procedure is that on check in day for your package you need to go to that resort to get your package tickets, if you did not get those tickets early/already. If you tried something else like go directly to a park e.g. in an attempt to make rope drop. then it is possible to mess things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
So this really sounds like a technical glitch, and not a case of a policy change.

I had an airline try and charge me $75 extra dollars for 3 extra checked bags I didn't have, because the remote check-in desk at BC couldn't correctly check me in and print my tickets, all because of a technical glitch (for the record, having an apostrophe in one's name can suck), and so we got checked in multiple times - with luggage each time - yet we couldn't even leave our luggage and had to bring it with us to the airport...

No excuse for this kind of technical glitch in the 21'st century. Forty years ago I myself had been creating software that did not hiccup on names containing apostrophes and hyphens and things like that. Specifically knowing that the general public could be running into problems otherwise.

Last edited by seashoreCM; 12-29-2012 at 10:28 PM.
seashoreCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:48 PM   #29
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddy View Post
hmmmm I wonder if they are going to start not doing that anymore - like they were telling people over the phone
Every person on this thread (as far as I can tell) had problems on ONE day. It worked after that. The CMs didn't say "we don't do that anymore", they gave them free one-day tickets. They knew there was a problem on that one day. And they had the workaround to fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah View Post
Or you can stamp your feet, pout, and yell about how Cheshire Figment knows things, is in ticketing, and he said differently. Then watch them get confused and ask you who or what the heck "Cheshire Figment" is.
Guess you could tell them who he is, where he works, and that he has noted before that he has permission from his bosses to talk about these things, and that all THEY have to do is read the Hub and have listened in their training sessions in order to know how to do their jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
So true.

I hope by now we all know that they are doing changes on the websites. Even the Disney Movie Club website changed; matches what I saw of the "new" WDW site a bit over a week ago (now all I see of the WDW site is the old site with new features like letting me check in over 30 days out). It's messing up everything. Seems that there was a messup that hit that system on the 8th.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:51 AM   #30
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashoreCM View Post
No excuse for this kind of technical glitch in the 21'st century. Forty years ago I myself had been creating software that did not hiccup on names containing apostrophes and hyphens and things like that. Specifically knowing that the general public could be running into problems otherwise.
No, there is no excuse, but there is also the human element - did the person entering data use an apostrophe or not? And then there is how they DO handle it - did they strip it out when storing the data? Do they ignore it when doing a search? Etc. I don't know what the problem was exactly, but I did get feedback from JetBlue that the apostrophe was involved.

Haven't had a problem more recently though.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: