Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2012, 12:01 PM   #31
Meetmeinmontauk
DIS Veteran

I'm in! I'll be visiting WDW in almost a year & I'm hoping to lose at least 30 pounds.

May 2011 - Pop Century August/September 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside October 2014 - Port Orleans French Quarter November 2015 - Art of Animation

Meetmeinmontauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:48 PM   #32
MercoBear
Dreaming of Moving to the Mouse

I'm in too. I was working 3rd shift for a while and lost some weight the unhealthy way by not eating or sleeping. Now that I am back on days I have gained back the 10-15 lbs I lost plus at least 5 more. I'm going to start out with a goal of 1 lb per week, but I'm looking forward to exciting bonuses!
MercoBear is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2012, 03:40 PM   #33
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cclovesdis View Post
Good Morning!
Welcome CC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2aJessieGirl View Post
Took some time off in December, but I'm in! I'd LOVE to lose 6 pounds this month, and I think I can do it. Woot!
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayna22 View Post
I don't think I have trigger foods as much as trigger situations. Bad day at work? Pizza..chips..chocolate. Bad relationship? More of the same. It's all a mental game in my world. I do have one successful day under my belt!!
So true. I also have the "just can't eat one" problem. Congrats on your successful day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisandBJ View Post
I am new to posting on the dis but have been lurking for some time. Can I join? I am on a mission this year and hope to lose some weight!! (A lot) looking forward to getting to know everyone.
Welcome! You need 10 posts in order to be able to pm your weight and goal on Jan 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoscrap View Post

I made a GF Cream Cheese pancake-- they were okay, think I need to tinker with the recipe a bit.
What was in this recipe? I need to join pinterest. I had an invite at one point, but I keep thinking I don't need another distraction. On the other hand I have heard it's a great place to go for recipes....

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeecassie View Post
I'll give this a whirl, I usually have a hard time staying motivated, but I'm hoping to lose 20 lbs before my trip to The World in May!
Welcome! Remember you don't have to be perfect or perfectly motivated all the time, you just need to keep moving forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetmeinmontauk View Post
I'm in! I'll be visiting WDW in almost a year & I'm hoping to lose at least 30 pounds.
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercoBear View Post
I'm in too. I was working 3rd shift for a while and lost some weight the unhealthy way by not eating or sleeping. Now that I am back on days I have gained back the 10-15 lbs I lost plus at least 5 more. I'm going to start out with a goal of 1 lb per week, but I'm looking forward to exciting bonuses!
Welcome!

One of the things I remember from my first biggest loser challenge:

You wouldn't throw out an entire set of dishes just because you broke one. One bad meal, one bad day, one skipped workout is not a reason to give up. The important thing is just keep swimming.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday night.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:53 PM   #34
Mary•Poppins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
[url]

QOTD--December 28, 2012
So since Jan 1 is still a few days off, I want you to start thinking about your goals.

Do you have a goal in mind for January, or even 2013? How did you come up with this goal? Is it based on pounds, inches, clothing size, or something else?

For the purpose of this challenge we are measuring pounds, so how does your goal fit in with the challenge?

Don't think so much about HOW you are going to achieve it yet, but think in terms of what is realistic and start breaking it down into smaller parts.

Share with the group what you would like about your goal.
Hi Everyone. I am in .... and thank you Rose for starting this. I am really appreciative of all the time everyone gives in order to make these threads work.

I was down this summer to my lowest weight (145). This was right before my July vacation to Key West. Ever since then, I have been having a hard time getting back on the wagon. I am up 8 pounds from that weight and I am not happy with myself.

My ideal weight would be 135. I am really going to give it a good try. My goal for January would be to lose one pound a week. I think that is reasonable.

Glad to be back with all of you.

Quote:
Today's question involves more thinking.

QOTD December 29, 2012

Do you have trigger foods? Do you have a plan for dealing with them? Are you going cold turkey or can you eat them occasionally? Do you have certain things you just need to cut out of your diet for good?
I have found that when I eliminate the sweet and salty items from my diet, I CRAVE them for about two weeks. After that, it gets easier to keep them out of my diet .... and I am better with avoiding them. Does anyone else finds this happens to them too?

As for trigger foods, I really like cookies and cakes and really can't have those foods in the house at all when I am dieting. My sons know that starting January 1st, there will not be snack foods in the house. They are already moping about it ....

Quote:

You wouldn't throw out an entire set of dishes just because you broke one. One bad meal, one bad day, one skipped workout is not a reason to give up. The important thing is just keep swimming.

Thanks for the words of encouragement already!
Old 12-29-2012, 04:07 PM   #35
alicia080979
DIS Veteran

I'd like to jump in!

I've been reading the W.I.S.H boards for a while and it has helped me lose 40lbs this past year. New Year, new goals!
This month I would like to lose 8lbs to stay close to 2lbs per week.

June 2014-POFQ Quick 4 night trip for SWW then off to the beach!

September 2014-Split Stay. 4 nights FD AKL, 10 nights BCV for F&W

Me DH DD (infant) DS (teen) Ellie :
alicia080979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:20 PM   #36
ChrisandBJ
Earning My Ears

Thanks for letting me know. Better get my post count up!

ChrisandBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:57 PM   #37
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:

What was in this recipe? I need to join pinterest. I had an invite at one point, but I keep thinking I don't need another distraction. On the other hand I have heard it's a great place to go for recipes....

Here is the link to the recipe on the blog it came from: http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2012...-pancakes.html
There is also a recipe for a breakfast "lasagna" made with them. I think they would be good to use as "tortillas" for a breakfast burrito. I would love to make some breakfast burritos and freeze them to pull out when needed. Here is another one I haven't tried-- not as quick and easy to whip up as the first one: http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/cinnamon-toast-pancakes

Pinterest has been an amazing source of recipe ideas for me. Many of them are from blogs like the one above so when I find one recipe I like often looking around that blog provides many others. I love that I can look at a variety of things and try to adapt them as needed. I used it to find some ways to cook quinoa since I had never tried it before. I have tons of recipes pinned to try and I have tried a lot of them. I print or save (in word or evernote) a copy of the recipes that I like. That way if the link ever goes away I will still have the recipe. A search for Gluten Free could keep you busy for hours-- you just have to budget your time like with everything else. But when you find a few recipes that the family loves and that can help with your WISH goals it is worth it. I surf Pinterest while watching TV with the family. I am not a sit still an stare at the TV kind of person.

If you need an invite let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisandBJ View Post
Thanks for letting me know. Better get my post count up!
Come on over to the Welcome Board and introduce yourself and say "Welcome" to other newbies and you will have 10 in no time. Or just go to our Technical Support board near the bottom of the main page and on the Test board you can post just to get your 10 posts.

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:16 PM   #38
pix13dust
DIS Veteran

Hi! My name is Melinda and I'm an overweight vegetarian, ... Wait, wrong group? Lol

A quick note about myself. I was always the slim pretty girl in high school and college. I started putting on weight around age 25, about the same time I went vegetarian - not sure if there's a correlation there or not. In the last 20 years I've put on about 100 pounds- shocking to see it on writing- I guess it's only 5 pounds a year, to put a positive spin on it
Well, fast forward to November 2011, we took a 2 week trip to Disney! I had been planning/waiting for years for that trip. I weighed 240+, I say " + ", because I stopped weighing myself at 240. That trip was shameful for me. I was ashamed that I could only just barely fit in the plane seat, I couldn't keep up in the parks - too much walking, standing, sore muscles etc. after returning home I was lost as to how to start to lose weight and get in shape.
In April 2012 I started doing Zumba in my living room, I decided to stick it out for 2 weeks, after which I could quit if it was too much for me. I cried every time I did it- mostly from shame from being so out of shape! It was so hard! I saw results almost immediately! I promised I would stick it out 4 more weeks. I kept doing Zumba 4-5 days a week until July. In August I decided to try the Galloway run/walk 3 days a week and modified my eating habits to healthier, lighter eating. I ran until October, now I've started yoga- really love it and plan on continuing with yoga until the spring. In all I've lost just over 30 pounds. I would like to lose 50 in 2013, that's about a pound a week. I find breaking the year down into manageable chunks ( quarters) i can accomplish my goals easier. some quarters i focus more on healthy eating and some i focus on physical fitness.
Sometimes friends and family dont react well to change, even positive change, for that reason I truly appreciate all support from the Disboards.

Thanks so much Rose for hosting this month and coming up with this great idea!

Melinda
pix13dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:44 AM   #39
ColoradoLime
Pure Disney Lover

Hi Everyone!

I would love to join the challenge. Last year I got really dedicated to losing weight and lost 25lbs in six months. Then life got crazy and I fell off the wagon. I definitely need to get back in the groove.

My goal for January will be 3lbs. I could probably go higher, but I want it to be obtainable and I want to slide back into this gradually.

WDW: 2009 (Caribbean Beach Resort)
Disneyland CA: 2013 (HoJo Anaheim)

Join the best darn May/June 2013 DLR Trip Planning Thread! Click HERE

ColoradoLime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:40 AM   #40
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary•Poppins View Post
Hi Everyone. I am in .... and thank you Rose for starting this. I am really appreciative of all the time everyone gives in order to make these threads work.

I was down this summer to my lowest weight (145). This was right before my July vacation to Key West. Ever since then, I have been having a hard time getting back on the wagon. I am up 8 pounds from that weight and I am not happy with myself.

My ideal weight would be 135. I am really going to give it a good try. My goal for January would be to lose one pound a week. I think that is reasonable.

Glad to be back with all of you.

I have found that when I eliminate the sweet and salty items from my diet, I CRAVE them for about two weeks. After that, it gets easier to keep them out of my diet .... and I am better with avoiding them. Does anyone else finds this happens to them too?

As for trigger foods, I really like cookies and cakes and really can't have those foods in the house at all when I am dieting. My sons know that starting January 1st, there will not be snack foods in the house. They are already moping about it ....
Thanks for the words of encouragement already!
Maintaining is definitely not as easy as it sounds sometimes. But it sounds like you are catching things pretty early on. I think we are in a very similar spot with very similar goals.

I agree with you about the sweet and salty--especially the sweet. It is painful at first but does get easier. I sweat so much salt and still get nauseous sometimes after long runs that I don't watch my salt as much as my sugar. Mike said he was hungry the whole time I was losing last time, so he knows what he is in for this time. Actually I think he doesn't mind too much cause we eat really healthy with lots of good food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia080979 View Post
I've been reading the W.I.S.H boards for a while and it has helped me lose 40lbs this past year. New Year, new goals!
This month I would like to lose 8lbs to stay close to 2lbs per week.
Congrats on those 40 pounds and Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoscrap View Post
Here is the link to the recipe on the blog it came from: http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2012...-pancakes.html
There is also a recipe for a breakfast "lasagna" made with them. I think they would be good to use as "tortillas" for a breakfast burrito. I would love to make some breakfast burritos and freeze them to pull out when needed. Here is another one I haven't tried-- not as quick and easy to whip up as the first one: http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/cinnamon-toast-pancakes

If you need an invite let me know.
Thanks for the links. I think I will take you up on that invite. I have heard multiple times now that it is a great place for gf recipes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pix13dust View Post
Hi! My name is Melinda and I'm an overweight vegetarian, ... Wait, wrong group? Lol

A quick note about myself. I was always the slim pretty girl in high school and college. I started putting on weight around age 25, about the same time I went vegetarian - not sure if there's a correlation there or not. In the last 20 years I've put on about 100 pounds- shocking to see it on writing- I guess it's only 5 pounds a year, to put a positive spin on it
Well, fast forward to November 2011, we took a 2 week trip to Disney! I had been planning/waiting for years for that trip. I weighed 240+, I say " + ", because I stopped weighing myself at 240. That trip was shameful for me. I was ashamed that I could only just barely fit in the plane seat, I couldn't keep up in the parks - too much walking, standing, sore muscles etc. after returning home I was lost as to how to start to lose weight and get in shape.
In April 2012 I started doing Zumba in my living room, I decided to stick it out for 2 weeks, after which I could quit if it was too much for me. I cried every time I did it- mostly from shame from being so out of shape! It was so hard! I saw results almost immediately! I promised I would stick it out 4 more weeks. I kept doing Zumba 4-5 days a week until July. In August I decided to try the Galloway run/walk 3 days a week and modified my eating habits to healthier, lighter eating. I ran until October, now I've started yoga- really love it and plan on continuing with yoga until the spring. In all I've lost just over 30 pounds. I would like to lose 50 in 2013, that's about a pound a week. I find breaking the year down into manageable chunks ( quarters) i can accomplish my goals easier. some quarters i focus more on healthy eating and some i focus on physical fitness.
Sometimes friends and family dont react well to change, even positive change, for that reason I truly appreciate all support from the Disboards.

Thanks so much Rose for hosting this month and coming up with this great idea!

Melinda
Thanks for sharing Melinda. I truly believe breaking it down into manageable chunks will help a lot of people stick with it. It is so easy to get excited at the beginning of the year and not lose 20 pounds the first week and then get frustrated and quit. And I totally understand the frustration that everyone feels. But hopefully as we all achieve our goals there will be excitement instead of frustration.

As for the overweight vegetarian--I think it is not that uncommon. DS had a friend in college who was an overweight vegan--cause all she ate was tater tots and pasta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoLime View Post
Hi Everyone!

I would love to join the challenge. Last year I got really dedicated to losing weight and lost 25lbs in six months. Then life got crazy and I fell off the wagon. I definitely need to get back in the groove.

My goal for January will be 3lbs. I could probably go higher, but I want it to be obtainable and I want to slide back into this gradually.
Welcome!
25lbs in 6 months is awesome!
Old 12-30-2012, 07:51 AM   #41
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Good Morning!

Two more days left in 2012.

Today we are going to talk some more about food. Tomorrow exercise and a bonus year end question.

QOTD December 30, 2012

You have weight watchers, nutrisystem, Dr. Oz, paleo, south beach, atkins, my fitness pal, etc. There are no shortage of ways to help you lose weight. I am a big believer in failing to plan is planning to fail.

So removing exercise from the equation (we will talk about that tomorrow) what is your plan?

Be as specific as you feel comfortable. Some of your fellow participants might get some good ideas.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:10 AM   #42
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!
I melt when I hear him talk
Eats food one item at a time and in order

Quote:

QOTD December 30, 2012

You have weight watchers, nutrisystem, Dr. Oz, paleo, south beach, atkins, my fitness pal, etc. There are no shortage of ways to help you lose weight. I am a big believer in failing to plan is planning to fail.

So removing exercise from the equation (we will talk about that tomorrow) what is your plan?

Be as specific as you feel comfortable. Some of your fellow participants might get some good ideas.
Good morning!

For me it's eat between 1200-1350 calories per day and log every single bite into My Fitness Pal. I have done Sparkpeople before but that website is just crazy and hard to navigate. MFP (for me) makes it so easy to jump on and log food. Plus I love that I can use the bar code scan feature to log food also when I do it from the MFP app.

My blog!!

Desiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:04 AM   #43
pix13dust
DIS Veteran

QOTD December 30, 2012

Be as specific as you feel comfortable. Some of your fellow participants might get some good ideas.[/QUOTE]

I love MFP, it is so easy to use, with that said, I find logging everything I eat, everyday very tedious. So I follow MFP for 3 weeks, then I take a week off. I still try and eat healthy the week I don't log my food, but it seems like a " break " from the constant thinking about food. My real problem is cooking, I HATE it, I'd rather scrub toilets than cook. I went years on just eating chips and drinking soda/beer for the majority of my meals. Recognizing this weakness I am trying to conquer it. I try to learn one easy veg recipe a week. As a New Years gift to myself I bought 3 new cookbooks, all easy veg recipes! I will try some of them tomorrow! Good luck to all of you!
pix13dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:06 AM   #44
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good Morning!

Two more days left in 2012.

Today we are going to talk some more about food. Tomorrow exercise and a bonus year end question.

QOTD December 30, 2012

My plan is to re-read The French Don't Diet Plan. It talks about portion control and eating "real" foods. It was the basis for my weight loss plan the first time. I also plan on using mfp to log in food and stay in the ~1300 calorie range for the day (after taking into account activity).

To be honest, I may not start logging food religiously until after the marathon. Excuses, excuses, I know. DS is hear until ~Jan 7 and we leave 2 days later, so I am giving myself a little break until after the marathon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiree View Post
Good morning!

For me it's eat between 1200-1350 calories per day and log every single bite into My Fitness Pal. I have done Sparkpeople before but that website is just crazy and hard to navigate. MFP (for me) makes it so easy to jump on and log food. Plus I love that I can use the bar code scan feature to log food also when I do it from the MFP app.
I am really excited about the scanner!

I had a little meltdown last night. One of those I want to quit everything meltdowns. I am pretty stressed about this race and things were starting to get a little over planned. Too many things we felt like we "had" to do marathon weekend. I have had insomnia for a couple of months now and I'm just starting to sleep again, so I think that is part of the problem. Anyhow, last night I decided I wasn't going. I am sick of running those really long distances. It is just not fun anymore. I am terrified of getting a new injury. I got a cold a few days before Christmas and have not run or exercised in almost a week. Basically my inner two year old came out last night. We came up with a compromise that I think will work that involves more sleeping and less stress on the trip. I am planning a trip to the gym either today or tomorrow.

Last edited by Rose&Mike; 12-30-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Rose&Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:07 AM   #45
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
QOTD December 30, 2012

Morning all!!!
I'm back in the saddle again. I have gained back 9 of the 12 pounds I lost in the last challenge.
I'm setting my goal with a modest 5 pounds though, I am really sick (need to see if the Dr is open tomorrow) and I am weak, can't breathe, coughing up a lung, etc. I don't know how much exercise I can do in January until I can get my lung capacity up to normal again so the QOTD is perfect.

My plan minus exercise is getting back on to My Fitness Pal (username is the same as it is here if anyone needs a friend). It really helped keep me accountable. I also need to get back to measuring, and journalling. You bite it, you write it!

Last edited by BernardandMissBianca; 12-30-2012 at 01:11 PM.
BernardandMissBianca is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: