Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2012, 09:27 PM   #1021
ZoZo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Doll View Post
I have been bringing the power strip for years. Actually, I used to bring a power strip, now I bring a power squid. I found that with some of the chargers, the plug-in part was big, so it would block the next set of holes on the strip. With the power squid, the "arms" dangle off the end of the thing, so that no matter how big the plug is, it doesn't interfere with any of the other plug holes.
Excellent advice!
Old 12-29-2012, 10:49 PM   #1022
Heididisco
Earning My Ears

Disney Toys again and again

This may sound like a strange item to pack, but when my kids were little, we spent a fortune on Disney toys during our first few park visits (especially during parade time). After returning home, we would pack up the toys until our next trip and then bring them to the park (picture glowing spinning Mickey and Buzz) and pull them out just in time for the parades. They loved them and never really remembered having them the last visit and we didn't have to spend outrageous amounts. Also, glow sticks/necklaces can be bought at any dollar store in packs of 2 - we always pack some because ours are solid colors so we can spot each other when the lights go down and everyone else has rainbow ones purchased at the parks.
Heididisco is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2012, 11:52 PM   #1023
TwilightGoddess
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcc63303 View Post
If using a digital camera, first photo should be of a piece of paper with your name and a note saying "if found, please call ..... "your cell phone number. If camera gets lost you might get lucky and get a phone call.
Brilliant idea! Thank you!

Mom to a 6 yr old Swash Buckling Pirate

Past Trips:
Disney World 2000
Disney World and Fantasy Cruise Eastern Caribbean 2013
Disney World and Fantasy Cruise Western Caribbean 2014
TwilightGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:31 AM   #1024
PinkBudgie
Expert Disneyland Snowball Maker
I've been wearing my LGMH for several years now

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizDragonfly View Post
Oh no! I love the Purex sheets! Guess I need to find an alternative now. Hope I can find a non liquid product. I don't like to fly cross country with liquids in my luggage.

Love you idea to pin products! Want to share a link to your board?
Yeah, I thought those sheets sounded pretty good too so I looked them up and it said they were no longer available but try these gel pack things. They are not the same thing though.

http://pinterest.com/tamipa/handy-for-travel/ This is my Handy for Travel board I started to keep track of the products I haven't thought of before. Not too much in there yet, but I don't want to forget all these great ideas! I also have some other Disney boards.

Oh, one thing I brought on our last DLR trip that worked well was a 3oz travel size plastic bottle with a snap top lid. I got it at Target and put liquid hand soap in it because I hate those bar soaps in hotels. This type of bottle was much better than a pump which could get pushed down inside the suitcase. I think I'll be bringing that with me to WDW.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:31 PM   #1025
Drew9780
Mouseketeer

Purex 3 in 1

You can get them on Amazon.

QUOTE=PinkBudgie;47026434]Yeah, I thought those sheets sounded pretty good too so I looked them up and it said they were no longer available but try these gel pack things. They are not the same thing though.

http://pinterest.com/tamipa/handy-for-travel/ This is my Handy for Travel board I started to keep track of the products I haven't thought of before. Not too much in there yet, but I don't want to forget all these great ideas! I also have some other Disney boards.

Oh, one thing I brought on our last DLR trip that worked well was a 3oz travel size plastic bottle with a snap top lid. I got it at Target and put liquid hand soap in it because I hate those bar soaps in hotels. This type of bottle was much better than a pump which could get pushed down inside the suitcase. I think I'll be bringing that with me to WDW.[/QUOTE]
Drew9780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:27 PM   #1026
mommyof2girlies
Earning My Ears

parking lot

This is not anything to bring but I read a few posts here about taking a picture of your return information if you lose the camera. One thing I always do is take a picture of the parking lot row by taking a pic of where it is painted on the end of the isle before hopping on the tram. You think you will remember but inevitably after a long day of Disney magic, you just may not remember.
2010 Coronado Springs
2009 Pop
2008 Pop
2007 Pop
mommyof2girlies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:59 PM   #1027
disneylvr4vr
Counting down the days until DISNEY!!!

Oh, one thing I brought on our last DLR trip that worked well was a 3oz travel size plastic bottle with a snap top lid. I got it at Target and put liquid hand soap in it because I hate those bar soaps in hotels. This type of bottle was much better than a pump which could get pushed down inside the suitcase. I think I'll be bringing that with me to WDW.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link to your pin board!

I can't wait until we are!!!
WDW-FEB 2008 POR*SEP 2009 POR*FEB 2013 POR*DL-SEP 2011(offsite)

disneylvr4vr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:11 AM   #1028
PrincessPatti
Earning My Ears

Just wanted to thank everyone for all the awesome ideas! I always have a pocket size thing of tissues in my bag. Great for obvious reasons as well as emergencies, like no toilet paper in your stall!
PrincessPatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:02 PM   #1029
tcherjen
DIS Veteran

http://pinterest.com/tamipa/handy-for-travel/ This is my Handy for Travel board I started to keep track of the products I haven't thought of before. Not too much in there yet, but I don't want to forget all these great ideas! I also have some other Disney board

I started following your travel board and will follow your disney board.

http://pinterest.com/tcherjen/for-our-disney-trip/
I don't have much on there yet, too busy reading these boards and using word to creat plans. Lol

medhdd8ds16 dd19

http://www.pinterest.com/tcherjen/
tcherjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:17 PM   #1030
PinkBudgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew9780 View Post
You can get them on Amazon.
That's odd, they are not on the official Purex website. http://www.purex.com/products/deterg...omplete-3-in-1 Sounds like people should stock up if they want them because they made it sound like they don't make these anymore.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:28 PM   #1031
PinkBudgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcherjen View Post
http://pinterest.com/tamipa/handy-for-travel/ This is my Handy for Travel board I started to keep track of the products I haven't thought of before. Not too much in there yet, but I don't want to forget all these great ideas! I also have some other Disney board

I started following your travel board and will follow your disney board.

http://pinterest.com/tcherjen/for-our-disney-trip/
I don't have much on there yet, too busy reading these boards and using word to creat plans. Lol
I just followed your board and some of the teacher ones that seemed like they could apply to preschool.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:36 PM   #1032
emilyindisney
DIS Veteran

It doesn't hurt to keep an eye open for the purex 3-in-1 sheets next time you're at the store if you know you'll be doing laundry. You must still be able to get them somewhere because I'm always picking the out of the washers in my building. People evidently don't read the signs saying they'll clog up our washers!

March 1996 (Swan), March 2008 (CBR), January 2013 (AoA), February 2014 (ASSp/BWV), October 2014 (Pop)

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" -Walt Disney
emilyindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:57 PM   #1033
tjmj9801
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyindisney View Post
People evidently don't read the signs saying they'll clog up our washers!
Oh wow. I'm surprised Disney hasn't said anything about them then. I've never tried them but I don't think they're made anymore. What you're likely seeing is that someone bought a bunch up the last time a high dollar coupon was released.

If you use powder detergent, or don't mind switching just for the trip, I put a full scoop in a snack sized ziploc then put the baggies in a quart bag.
1/30/2011-2/6/2011-Saratoga Springs (First on-site stay!!)
Several previous trips (It's worth mentioning that I've become an on-site snob...)
tjmj9801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:36 PM   #1034
Whistlemom
Melissa C

This is awesome! I am writing this stuff down as I am reading! Thank you so much...I am planning our 1st trip with 2 kids
Whistlemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:47 PM   #1035
Whistlemom
Melissa C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoZo View Post
Here's my weirdest one: I cut off a piece of a flannel-backed vinyl tablecloth. It folds up very small, and packs into a ziploc bag. So nice to have when you want to sit on the ground (in case it's wet, dirty, sticky, etc.). Sit on it flannel-side-up! You can get those tablecloths at dollar stores - I keep one in the trunk of my car.
Nice!
Whistlemom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: