Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 12:43 AM   #1036
tinabheart
DIS Veteran

It has been reported that Steve Burton tried to work with GH to work less and they could not agree. His new job will allow him to work less and travel cross country to spend the majority of his time in TN with his family. I don't understand why people think he has done anything wrong. This is a job. People change jobs all the time. People make decisions that are best for their families. I miss him on GH too - but am happy for him that family comes first, and that he has a job to continue to support his family.
tinabheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:36 AM   #1037
Kae
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinabheart View Post
It has been reported that Steve Burton tried to work with GH to work less and they could not agree. His new job will allow him to work less and travel cross country to spend the majority of his time in TN with his family. I don't understand why people think he has done anything wrong. This is a job. People change jobs all the time. People make decisions that are best for their families. I miss him on GH too - but am happy for him that family comes first, and that he has a job to continue to support his family.
I agree. I have never watched anything but ABC soaps but I would like to see if he can play anything other than Jason.

Kae
Oct 1999-POFQ May 1996-AS Music May 1994-Travel Lodge DTD Dec 1971-Contemporary
DisneyLand-March 2006
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 12:01 PM   #1038
Mary Anne
Not sure what season that is
I couldn't figure this out It was driving me crazy

He spent 20 years on one job, inside he was ready to move. That said, I really do believe he will be back to GH at some point. It is not HOME to him. Anyone that spends 20 years anywhere after the initial high of the change leaves the deep down homesickness for "his" job (character). I really believe that. I have seen it happen in corporate american more then once. I do hope that he does get some personal happiness out of it all.
Mary Anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:31 PM   #1039
snowy76
I do a panic dance
OMG I looooved my K Tel records!

I'll be slightly irritated if SB was planning to head to Y&R all along. But maybe his contract had some sort of non-compete that he had to wait out without announcing his true plans - hence the whole "I'm just moving to Tennessee" thing.

Still looking forward to seeing him in February though - he's performing with the GH cover band "Port Chuck" about an hour from me on Valentine's Day!

CR 12/82 ... CR 12/84 ... Offsite 7/89 ... Swan 8/03 ... AKL 6/04 ... BWV 6/05 ... POP 10/08 ... DTD Hilton 10/09 ... Offsite 8/11 ... DLR 7/12 ... DLR 8/13
snowy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:27 PM   #1040
Mary Anne
Not sure what season that is
I couldn't figure this out It was driving me crazy

There probably was a non - compete somewhere in his contract. He probably waited the required waiting time or more likely the Young and the Restless did before they officially contacted him. Also, while a non-complete may be in the contract the reality is it is really hard to enforce. Let's face it, very few courts are going to side with the employee telling them they are not permitted to work in their current field. His contract was up, they could not reach a new agreement, he moved on. I wish him the best but I've no interest in the show. Heck, I didn't watch it when other ex-ghers were on it that I really enjoy. I feel for a lot of the ex-soap stars, there are very few daytime drama's for them to work in.
Mary Anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #1041
DisneyLover1217
Mouseketeer

Okay, who wants to make a bet that Maxie gets pregnant by Spinelli and passes the baby off as LuLu's and Dante's.
DisneyLover1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:18 PM   #1042
Luvmy4boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLover1217 View Post
Okay, who wants to make a bet that Maxie gets pregnant by Spinelli and passes the baby off as LuLu's and Dante's.
It wouldn't surprise me.
Luvmy4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:20 PM   #1043
IheartMickey
I have not been blessed by the tag fairy!

Rumor is that Lulu's test results were mixed up and she'll be pregnant by April.
IheartMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:32 PM   #1044
artemis908
EPCOTnaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartMickey View Post
Rumor is that Lulu's test results were mixed up and she'll be pregnant by April.
I can totally see that. In fact, I thought they might get pregnant after the New Years party as a happy accident, to make up for Maxie miscarrying.
artemis908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:19 PM   #1045
auntie
It's a really lovely way to spend the afternoon
THAT does sound good ;)
Everything I type sounds wierd today
I am the underwear fairy

Quote:

Oh Dear Lord, spare us..
Old 01-04-2013, 03:20 PM   #1046
auntie
It's a really lovely way to spend the afternoon
THAT does sound good ;)
Everything I type sounds wierd today
I am the underwear fairy

What's going on with the whole Duke/Anna/Robert/ Robin thing?..I probably missed it but how did that all turn out? Last I saw Robert was lying on the floor with a needle through the heart trying to tell Anna that Robin was alive?...
Old 01-04-2013, 04:10 PM   #1047
caitty13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie
What's going on with the whole Duke/Anna/Robert/ Robin thing?..I probably missed it but how did that all turn out? Last I saw Robert was lying on the floor with a needle through the heart trying to tell Anna that Robin was alive?...
I think that's where it ended.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #1048
dahirsh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by caitty13 View Post
I think that's where it ended.
yup- that's the last we saw of or heard about any of them. Unfortunately

April 1978 Offsite April 1979 Offsite Dec 1999/Jan 2000 All Star Movies May 2002 All Star Sports Oct 2003 All Star Movies June 2006 All Star Sports
October 2007 Pop Century January 2009 Pop Century October 2011 Pop Century October 2012 Pop Century October 2013 Pop Century
dahirsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:24 PM   #1049
barbaraann
Chicago Gal

The pregnancy story is disgusting. I keep tuning in for other stories on GH that aren't as upsetting.
barbaraann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:15 PM   #1050
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was thinking the exact same thing....I really hope it doesn't go that way, I'm soooooooo tired of those paternity scenarios. I see another "premonition" from Olivia of her seeing a baby with glasses and a pocket protecter.

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: