Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2012, 09:42 PM   #1
Tam1067
LOVES LOVES LOVES the Poly

Stuck on a bus!

What a nightmare! The monorail is down, so after leaving Epcot (that line was working) at the TTC, we were sent to a bus for the resort monorails and MK.

It took us 50 minutes to get from the TTC to the Contemporary. Yes, we were stuck on the bus that entire time. Add to that the 20 minutes it took for the bus to pick us up at the TTC, and you have a 70 minute trip from the TTC to the Contemprary.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:47 PM   #2
NHKristy76
Senior Mousketeer

Ahh.. Disney at Christmastime.
NHKristy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2012, 09:53 PM   #3
mattsdragon
DDC #595
Lookin' for the Bare Necessities

wouldn't it have been qujicker to get back on the monorail to EPCOT, then catch the bus to CR from there?

mattsdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:59 PM   #4
Tam1067

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsdragon
wouldn't it have been qujicker to get back on the monorail to EPCOT, then catch the bus to CR from there?
I have no idea. The monorail broke down just as we arrived at the TTC. We got the first bus to the monorail resorts, and did as the CMs told us--waited for the bus. They had to call it into service. Since the TTC is so close to the monorail resorts (and closer than Epcot) it should not have been a problem.

The waits happened at the Poly and GF. There were 3 busses ahead of us at the GF. One was stopped and not moving. We were trapped. Unbelievably messed up.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:59 PM   #5
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsdragon View Post
Have my doubts that anything would have been quicker this week end. The lines to get back on the monorail, then the lines for the buses at Epcot. Any of it would be a nightmare now. The monorail (that was down) would have been the only *better* route, but again, nothing moves too fast with all those crowds.

I'm not envious of anyone there this season Three weeks ago it was great (crowds - or lack of, and weather).
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:05 PM   #6
Tam1067

Plus the big problem was the bus traffic jam at the Poly and more significantly the GF. I have never experienced such a thing and we have come here the last 4 years in a row at this time.

It was made worse by the standing room only crowd on the bus.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:02 PM   #7
chloelovesdisney
DIS Veteran

Oh boy, that stinks. You would have been better taking the ferry to the MK and walking to the Contemporary. I also thought it was possible to walk from the TTC to the Contemporary but not 100% on that.

If they sent buses to pick you all up, each hotel should have had it's own bus.

chloelovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:03 PM   #8
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsdragon View Post
Is there a bus from Epcot to CR when the monorail is running? They may have added them when the monorail broke down but there may have been a delay getting that going.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:30 PM   #9
geenerbell
Am I caught up with Robo yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloelovesdisney View Post
Oh boy, that stinks. You would have been better taking the ferry to the MK and walking to the Contemporary. I also thought it was possible to walk from the TTC to the Contemporary but not 100% on that.

geenerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:32 PM   #10
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloelovesdisney View Post

I would not suggest walking from the TTC to CONT-narrow road without sidewalks.
livndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:08 AM   #11
stasijane
Crazed one

I would have just walked
Old 12-30-2012, 12:20 AM   #12
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasijane View Post
I would have just walked
There are no sidewalks on the road between TTC & CR. You would also have to walk through the tunnel that goes under the canal by the CR, again with no sidewalk.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:33 AM   #13
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
There are no sidewalks on the road between TTC & CR. You would also have to walk through the tunnel that goes under the canal by the CR, again with no sidewalk.
There is a sidewalk that runs through the tunnel.
(West side of the road.)

Still not a good plan to walk between TTC and Contemporary, especially during busy times nor at night.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:29 AM   #14
stasijane
Crazed one

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
I should have been more clear. I would have walked from MK. I realize that not everyone can do that, but after what I assume are massive crowds leaving the park this week not standing in anothing line would have been perfect.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:42 AM   #15
Tam1067

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasijane

I should have been more clear. I would have walked from MK. I realize that not everyone can do that, but after what I assume are massive crowds leaving the park this week not standing in anothing line would have been perfect.
First, we were told the bus was coming when we were at the TTC. We were not at MK.

A CM with a phone and clipboard was there and she was doing her best. She said it would be there soon and kept calling dispatch. It just ended up taking 20 minutes.

Second, we were on the bus for 50 minutes. We literally could not get off. It's not possible to do anything in that situation.

For some reason the bus stops at the resorts were backed up. We could not get off the bus. That's what took 50 minutes from the TTC to CR.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: