Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2012, 11:39 AM   #316
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post

We stopped in the gift shop where Johnny did not buy this:

Awww why not?? I plan on wearing mine later when I have to clear the snow off my car!!

Love your PP pics! Those are great!!
Old 12-29-2012, 04:26 PM   #317
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Wow, it stinks that it rained for so long! But it sounds like you had lots of indoor fun!

Muppets rock! At the risk of dating myself, I watched The Muppet Show when it originally aired. And it pleases me that my sons actually enjoy them too (well, as much as a tween and teen boy enjoy anything like that)

That's awesome that you had TSM FP! The only thing worse than an unbearably long wait is a unbearably long wait IN THE RAIN!

A little ashamed to admit it, but I haven't been to One Man's Dream or the Animation Academy. I would really like to try them someday, but my boys are so not interested in either of those things.

Love the photopass pictures!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2012, 04:28 PM   #318
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Oscar:

Now, does that say Merry and Bright or Meowy and Bright?
Old 12-29-2012, 06:05 PM   #319
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Howdy Neighbour! (I'm from PEI!)

I just found your TR and spent the last hour plus reading it! I am having so much fun just reading about your trip! I love how excited you all are doing the photopass pictures. So fun! It makes a trip so much better when the people you are with get into the Disney spirit!

Thanks for sharing, can't wait to read more!
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
Old 12-30-2012, 05:36 PM   #320
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Awww why not?? I plan on wearing mine later when I have to clear the snow off my car!!

Love your PP pics! Those are great!!
I regret not getting the Kermit hat for myself almost every day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Wow, it stinks that it rained for so long! But it sounds like you had lots of indoor fun!
We definitely made the best of it! We were in a great mood!

Muppets rock! At the risk of dating myself, I watched The Muppet Show when it originally aired. And it pleases me that my sons actually enjoy them too (well, as much as a tween and teen boy enjoy anything like that)
I have to admit that I never watched the show before, just saw the Muppets on Sesame St. and in some movies. But last year for Christmas Johnny got me the seasons 1-3 on DVD and I got caught up on all the movies I had missed. I'm in love with all things Muppets now and feel like I know the Disney attraction better!

That's awesome that you had TSM FP! The only thing worse than an unbearably long wait is a unbearably long wait IN THE RAIN!

A little ashamed to admit it, but I haven't been to One Man's Dream or the Animation Academy. I would really like to try them someday, but my boys are so not interested in either of those things.
I love OMD, I feel like I get to honour the guy who started it all by learning about how he did it.

Love the photopass pictures!
Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Now, does that say Merry and Bright or Meowy and Bright?
Awwww I should go back and change it to Meowy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak06 View Post
Howdy Neighbour! (I'm from PEI!)

I just found your TR and spent the last hour plus reading it! I am having so much fun just reading about your trip! I love how excited you all are doing the photopass pictures. So fun! It makes a trip so much better when the people you are with get into the Disney spirit!

Thanks for sharing, can't wait to read more!
fellow Atlantic Canadian!! I hope you didn't blow away in the storm today. We didn't get much, a few cms of snow and then lots of rain, no wind. Borrrring!
Being with people who are into the spirit makes all the difference in the world!
Old 12-30-2012, 06:06 PM   #321
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:
fellow Atlantic Canadian!! I hope you didn't blow away in the storm today. We didn't get much, a few cms of snow and then lots of rain, no wind. Borrrring!
Being with people who are into the spirit makes all the difference in the world!
The wind is still blowing, but it's not too bad. We were able to get out and get to church this morning, it had settled enough for the plow to go by and then we dug out the driveway. It started to get worse for a bit, now it's just cold and windy. I can imagine the roads are going to be slippery though.

I forgot to mention I understand the camera fears... although my nightmare is always forgetting to bring it completely.
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
Old 12-31-2012, 12:37 PM   #322
amazingact21
Upendi

Man, constant rain while at WDW is never fun, but at least you just embraced it and didn't let it ruin your DHS day. Plus, it gave you a chance to do some new/not often visited attractions.

I love your Photopass pictures! The one where you are all trying to hold back Amy is awesome.
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 12-31-2012, 05:03 PM   #323
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The wind is still blowing, but it's not too bad. We were able to get out and get to church this morning, it had settled enough for the plow to go by and then we dug out the driveway. It started to get worse for a bit, now it's just cold and windy. I can imagine the roads are going to be slippery though.

I forgot to mention I understand the camera fears... although my nightmare is always forgetting to bring it completely.
We got some snow today. I love a good snow storm!
I swear if I ever somehow forgot my camera I'd get myself to the nearest electronics store and buy another. I can't be camera-less in WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Man, constant rain while at WDW is never fun, but at least you just embraced it and didn't let it ruin your DHS day. Plus, it gave you a chance to do some new/not often visited attractions.

I love your Photopass pictures! The one where you are all trying to hold back Amy is awesome.
We definitely did our best to make it work for us! And we had a blast with the photopass, it's fun to be with a group sometimes!
Old 01-01-2013, 07:40 PM   #324
SoosieQ
Mouseketeer

I was at WDW at the same time as you. I too had never seen it rain so much and long in September. Oh well we were still at Disney right?

CSR- 9/2014, POP- 5/2014, POR-9/2012, POFQ- 9/2010, POFQ- 9/2009, Caribbean Beach- 12/2008, YC- 9/2007, POR- 9/2005, Contemporary- 9/2004, CSR- 9/2003,
GF- 6/2003, CBR- 5/2001,POR- 9/2000
POR- ?, POR- ?, Off-site many times
Old 01-04-2013, 09:32 AM   #325
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoosieQ View Post
I was at WDW at the same time as you. I too had never seen it rain so much and long in September. Oh well we were still at Disney right?
We definitely tried to make the best of the rain but it got a little disheartening after a week of it. Oh well, you're right, Disney is Disney!
Old 01-04-2013, 05:39 PM   #326
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Oh. Em. Gee.

This.

Is my

THIRD TIME

trying to do this update.

If it doesn't work this time, I'm done.

So! Happy new year to you all! I hope your new year will be filled to the brim with Disney.

Last post left off with Johnny and I meeting up with some of my family in a shop in DHS. Let's take it from there!

Tuesday, September 18
"Back in Time... for Dinner"

It was time for our dinner together and we were all excited. We headed to 50's Prime Time, checked in and took a seat.

I checked out all the neat knick knacks around.

We got seated after not too long. We wound our way toward a room in the back. We agreed to play and have fun and we were not disappointed! Our waiter's name tag said "Fred" though he introduced himself with several other names. He was a riot. He yelled and nagged and lectured and we all had an absolute blast.

The food was also very yummy! I had the fried chicken and a root beer float.

There was lots of fun at our table.

As you can see it was mostly Amy and David getting into trouble.

I had this bad boy for dessert:

Boston cream parfait. It was yummy but I was oh-so-full!

Then we had a picture taken as a group. The scrunchy face was "Fred"s idea.

We settled our bills and left very happy with the whole experience.

... Cont. in next post!
Old 01-04-2013, 05:42 PM   #327
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

When we got out of the restaurant we wondered what to do next. We stood outside for a few minutes discussing our options and trying to decide if we would stay together or split up. As we talked, we noticed a group of characters randomly walking toward us.

They just kept coming...

We stood there stunned... taking pictures and waving.

Finally someone among us had the intellectual wherewithal to ask a character handler what was up. We were told it was an impromptu, casual meet and greet. No lines, no set structured area, no schedule. Feel free to meet, greet, and photograph. Wow.

Johnny LOVES penguins, so we had to get this:

Evil queen was awesome. Totally in character and evil.

The whole world was beneath her and we were to feel privileged just to be in her presence.

Johnny is in the army, so we needed this shot:

Wow! What a great day! And even MORE excellent good luck pixie dust for Johnny and I!

After that exhilarating experience, I decided to test my relatives' adrenaline levels.

"Come on Rock'n'Rollercoaster with me!!!"

My bunch of self-proclaimed gentle ride lover kin were not so keen but my cousins were shamed when their mother announced that she would do it. She didn't want to regret not doing anything and had decided to try it all.

Amy and fam had the Photopass+ so we got our picture. I love these.

Johnny in front, my aunt and cousin never opened their eyes for the whole ride:

Me, laughing my tail off at Amy:

(Also random excited strangers.)

They had fun but my aunt and David said they wouldn't do it again. Amy was a maybe. I have a funny feeling that if I wasn't there to force her, she might not do it again either.

After all that fun we decided to go separate ways. They were off to spend more time in the park and Johnny and I decided we had enough of DHS for the day, we headed back to our room.

When we got there this was waiting for us:

We headed to DTD where I took exactly zero pictures. Did some shopping and got back and went exhausted to bed, nice and early.

Up next: A first for us!
Old 01-04-2013, 05:59 PM   #328
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

I love the fried chicken at 50s Prime Time. It is so good!

And those character pictures are awesome! So funny... as are the pictures on RnRC. I am getting a huge kick out of your family!

I think I will adopt your family next time I go to Florida. So far my family won't go with me at all. Two of my sisters have gone a few times, but won't go in the summer or March Break. I can't go any other time.

My Trip Reports:
Old 01-05-2013, 06:58 AM   #329
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I love the fried chicken at 50s Prime Time. It is so good!

And those character pictures are awesome! So funny... as are the pictures on RnRC. I am getting a huge kick out of your family!

I think I will adopt your family next time I go to Florida. So far my family won't go with me at all. Two of my sisters have gone a few times, but won't go in the summer or March Break. I can't go any other time.

Mmmm the fried chicken. I could go for some right now.

My family knows how to have fun that's for sure, it was a blast getting to experience Disney with them! And we will gladly be adopted by your family when you go to Florida!!
Old 01-05-2013, 07:34 AM   #330
MEK
DIS Veteran

That is a great update! From a perfect lunch to an impromptu character meet and greet. I love that picture of you approaching the queen. Too funny. You look legitimately frightened

I loved the group shot at PTC. You had a great cousin. Not so sure if I would have finished the collard greens, though.

Funny story - when my oldest was in 8th grade my GF and I took both of our boys. We ate at PTC. My GF's son was so afraid of our cousin that he ate every speck of those collard greens.

You went to DTD and did NOT take any pictures. Gasp! But sometimes it is so liberating to just leave the camera behind.

Great end to a great day!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: