Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 12:04 PM   #316
jenjordan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriasmom98 View Post
sent my request to join the group Sarah!!!
Just sent my request in too!

DH Me DD1 (14) DD2 (11)
Old 12-23-2012, 12:56 PM   #317
poohlover4life
Mouseketeer

Well i'm looking forward to Christmas very much. God has been good to my family and so I am very grateful this Christmas, especially for my Disney trip. And I'm grateful for you all and this wonderful thread. I hope that everyone is having a wonderful holiday season and that all are celebrating with health, and family. I can't wait till we can say "I'm going to Disney this year!!" I'm looking at my Disney coasters and Disney wreath bought in the world and anticipating a wonderful summer. Happy Holidays to you all whatever the holiday you keep, safety, love, and knowledge of true joy to you all.

Last edited by poohlover4life; 12-23-2012 at 01:15 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-24-2012, 10:07 AM   #318
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohlover4life View Post
Well i'm looking forward to Christmas very much. God has been good to my family and so I am very grateful this Christmas, especially for my Disney trip. And I'm grateful for you all and this wonderful thread. I hope that everyone is having a wonderful holiday season and that all are celebrating with health, and family. I can't wait till we can say "I'm going to Disney this year!!" I'm looking at my Disney coasters and Disney wreath bought in the world and anticipating a wonderful summer. Happy Holidays to you all whatever the holiday you keep, safety, love, and knowledge of true joy to you all.
what a wonderful message!! Our family has had its trials this year, but all in all we are together and that's all that matters. I also love my Dis family and wish everyone health, happiness and Disney in this coming year!!!
Old 12-25-2012, 06:01 AM   #319
SenecaWolf
I let my mind wander and it didn't come back!

Happy Christmas to all of you! Hope you have the warmest and safest of holidays and a wonderful new year!

CBR - 4/18/12-4/24/12 - First Family Trip/ DD's Sweet 16POP - 8/25/12-8/30/12 - Mother/Son TripCBR - 8/24/13-9/1/13 - 2nd Family Trip
Old 12-25-2012, 11:42 AM   #320
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope everyone has a fantastic and family filled day!
Old 12-26-2012, 04:43 PM   #321
Therinian
My pants are too dangerous!

Hello and wishing you all the happiest of holidays!

I'm Gina and new to this thread (not the site!). A few months ago, I booked my family's WDW vacation for August (15th-18th), with a stay at Pop Century. This is a big secret; our sons (ages 11 and 8) know nothing about it.

My husband was in Florida in August years ago, and was miserable (rain, mud, mosquitoes), but I suspect that had to do with camping in a tent off property, lol. I've never been to WDW in August, so I'm going to lurk about and read what others have to say about it.

Also, I've never stayed at the Pop, so I will have to check out the threads dedicated to it. Looking forward to booking dining reservations! Want to take the family to someplace cool, with great eats. PS: I have not added the dining package.

Have a great day, everyone, despite the terrible weather!

Favorite Park: Epcot
Favorite Attraction: World Showcase
Favorite Resort: Coronado Springs
Favorite Snack: Pineapple Dole Whip Float (Aloha Isle) and Nachos (Mexico)
Old 12-26-2012, 05:13 PM   #322
OThopeful35
DIS Veteran

I cannot believe we are down to 7mos and 1 week Time has been moving quickly! I am ready to book my ADRs.

I hope everyone enjoyed the holiday. DS received to $50 disney gift cards and he cannot wait to spend them at Disneyworld!!

POR~Aug 2010 (1st visit) POFQ Aug 2011 POP/POFQ Aug 2013
Old 12-26-2012, 05:48 PM   #323
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therinian View Post

I'm Gina and new to this thread (not the site!). A few months ago, I booked my family's WDW vacation for August (15th-18th), with a stay at Pop Century. This is a big secret; our sons (ages 11 and 8) know nothing about it.

My husband was in Florida in August years ago, and was miserable (rain, mud, mosquitoes), but I suspect that had to do with camping in a tent off property, lol. I've never been to WDW in August, so I'm going to lurk about and read what others have to say about it.

Also, I've never stayed at the Pop, so I will have to check out the threads dedicated to it. Looking forward to booking dining reservations! Want to take the family to someplace cool, with great eats. PS: I have not added the dining package.

Welcome Gina!!! I loved our last trip in August. There are always ways to beat the heat and I don't believe you will find mud or mosquitoes in the parks. I've never stayed at POP but it is on my to do list during one of these trips!!
Old 12-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #324
TI double-GUH ER
Mouseketeer

Hope everyone had a great holiday!

There's a foot of snow outside, and all I can think about is when can I book my ADRs and my flight!! Feb. 4 can't come fast enough!!!!

Gina - Pop is a great place to stay and your boys will probably love the pools! Going in August, you almost certainly will see some rain at some point, but on our last trip we found it totally manageable. (Just watch for slippery shoes!) No mosquitos though, thank goodness!!!
Old 12-27-2012, 07:03 PM   #325
SenecaWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therinian View Post

Welcome Gina!
My son and I were just at POP this past August. Not a single mosquito but plenty of rain the first few days since Isaac was making its way past. Didnt stop us, we just put on the ponchos and went on! lol. Was very very humid, my poor asthmatic lungs weren't very happy sometimes but I use an ECV so made it much easier. We loved POP, we were in building 1 pool view. We were only a short walk to the food court and bus stop and we absolutely LOVED the tie-dye cheesecake!

CBR - 4/18/12-4/24/12 - First Family Trip/ DD's Sweet 16POP - 8/25/12-8/30/12 - Mother/Son TripCBR - 8/24/13-9/1/13 - 2nd Family Trip
Old 12-27-2012, 10:37 PM   #326
SenecaWolf

Think I got everyone updated on the resort list. Let me know if I left anyone out or if there are any errors.

Old 12-28-2012, 08:02 AM   #327
Cadyrose
Mouseketeer

I'm in!

Just got back from a December stay a few weeks ago and can't stop talking about it, so...

We literally booked late last night. We both work in public schools so our December trip was a one time deal for time off. Back to August we come!

We will be staying 20-26th at the Poly (1st timers there). We have continued with our tradition of resort changing for each trip.

Our December 2012 group was so much fun, so definitely looking forward to trip planning with you guys!
Old 12-29-2012, 02:39 PM   #328
marykatmp
Earning My Ears

Hello! I am joining in. We are going to book once I narrow down where we want to stay since AKL is no longer a choice with my two year old turning three next month. We are planning on arriving 8/18 and staying through the 22nd or 23rd.
1987 off property--ASM 1996-- AS Sports 1997-- WL 1998-- Off Property 2002 and 2003-- POFQ 2004-- Off Property 2006,2007, 2008, 2009, 2010-- POP 2011-- AKL Aug. 2012-- Planning BC June 2015 with hubby and our three boys
Old 12-29-2012, 04:35 PM   #329
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone!! I am so excited to be joining this thread!! We just booked our August trip for 8/18-8/27. We are a family of five with three boys (16,14, and 12). We always go in August and realized this may be our last end of August trip since my oldest will be off to college at that time in 2014. I decided to split our stay since he has always wanted to stay at the Poly (ever since I took him at age 3 to sit on the beach and watch the EWP one night during a stay at a different resort). I haven't stayed there since I was 16, so I figured this was a good choice for the first half of our trip and then we will move to the BC. So we have two rooms booked at the Poly from 8/18-8/22 and then a 2BR villa at BCV from 8/22-8/27.

I am going to try to catch up on this thread to get to know you all....soooooo excited to start planning this trip!!!

Old 12-29-2012, 05:06 PM   #330
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeCantWait
We also booked a bounceback! August 18th-26th at the WL!
We will be there the same time! I considered the WL. Stayed there in '95 and loved it. I think I'll make a dining ressie there this trip

Closed Thread

Tags
august 2013, lgmh, planning, resorts, restaurants

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: