Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 03:18 PM   #1216
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

(((Janet))) my heart aches for Sarah's family....although this time would come one day, we are never prepared. Sarah blessed so many of us with her kindness, sense of humor and common sense. I will miss her emails, text and occasional phone visits - she is a special lady and will be dearly missed.

My heart aches for you too, dear Janet, for I know Sarah was one of your closest friends. Gentle hugs, my sweet friend.

Last edited by Minnie&Nana; 12-29-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:28 PM   #1217
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Oh my god, I knew something was wrong. I am in tears...what a wonderful caring lady she was. My girls just took to her instantly. Janet...thank you for letting us know. I am sooo sad right now.
Jen, she was all that and more...it's been a difficult day since learning the news... In my mind she's relaxing peacefully at the GF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
(((Janet))) my heart aches for Sarah's family....although this time would come one day, we are never prepared. Sarah blessed so many of us with her kindness, sense of humor and common sense. I will miss her emails, text and occasional phone visits - she is a special lady and will be dearly missed.

My heart aches for you too, dear Janer, for I know Sarah was one of your closest friends. Gentle hugs, my sweet friend.
Christine, she was a special woman, who cared so much for others ... she will be greatly missed by us all...

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2012, 03:31 PM   #1218
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post

My heart aches for you too, dear Janer, for I know Sarah was one of your closest friends. Gentle hugs, my sweet friend.
You have posted exactly what I would have - thank you. I am very emotional so I need to stop for now. She was supposed to arrive at WL/CL in just a few days.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:45 PM   #1219
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
I’m very sad to have to let you all know that our wonderful, sweet, courageous Sarah (JungleCruiser) has passed. She did so peacefully with her husband Jon, and her 2 daughters Stephanie and Cynthia, by her side. They had Disney music playing, and they know she heard the music as she squeezed her daughter’s hand when wishes came on.

She was an upbeat, positive, caring person, who didn’t dwell on her illness, instead focused on living her life fully every day. Jon sent me an email and in it he said he couldn’t relay how much she so enjoyed talking and communicating with her DIS friends and how much she was looking forward to Disney and seeing us there.

She was a dear friend to me and I l will miss her greatly.

Her family is in the process of arranging a memorial service and her daughter Stephanie will pass along the details which I will share with you all. I set up a thread on the community board so we (and her all her DIS friends), can share our thoughts and memories of Sarah.

She's with God now and free of her pain. Please keep her family in your hearts and prayers.

The link:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post47022147
My heart hurts to read this. I will keep you and her family in my thoughts and prayers Janet.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

Old 12-29-2012, 03:48 PM   #1220
Lulu'sMom
You.Had.Me.At. Sticky.Mickey. ~And DOLE WHIPS too!

Thank you for posting this, Janet. I would have never known, been in and out of MDAnderson for the last 4 months. And have missed all of you ladies.

Got on today to see what was going on and saw this!
Sarah has been on my mind lately too. I am so sad about all of this for everyone.

♥♥JungleCruiser,Sarah, remembering you always!♥♥

Old 12-29-2012, 03:51 PM   #1221
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Oh, I am so very sad to hear this news about our dear Sarah. She was such a lovely person. I do believe that she is now not in pain anymore. I feel so badly for her family. I really don't know what to say...

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 12-29-2012, 03:54 PM   #1222
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLuvLuv View Post
Melissa... We Went!!! We didn't have the day we originally planned though.

Plan was Boma Breakfast, MK afternoon parade, Plaza Dinner, and MK Fireworks.

Actual Day: Went to bed Xmas Eve sick, woke up Xmas morning even sicker. Didn't go to Boma because I couldn't speak or swallow. Laid on the couch watching the closing phases of MK, decided to switch dinner to something more laid back. Scored the Captain's Grille Christmas Dinner Buffet--which was beyond amazing (new Christmas tradition for us!). We walked over to DHS, shopped around, watched the lights. Took the bus to the Contemporary and walked over to MK for Holiday Wishes. Went to the Frontierland Pin Store, walked around, WALKED RIGHT ON TO DUMBO AND THE BARNSTORMER!!! No wait! Then I threw in the towel and told him I was too sick and had to go home. I tried to brave it since it was Xmas, but I couldn't

Since then--traffic has been a mess around town. I went to work the morning of the 26th, left early because I was sick, and it took me over 90 minutes to get home (14 miles). I haven't been back to work since and am out until Monday--I have massive infection attacking me! I am a little stir crazy and managed to get a Via Napoli tonight. Pizza and gelato should cure just about anything. Right?

I hope everyone had an amazing holiday!! Love to all!!
I hope your feeling better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrn View Post
2phone calls and nearly 2 hrs on the phone with Dis. They had to have a support person help with my 2 reservations because the names had disappeared off ressie, you would think Disney would have a better system.

Anyway changed ressie to 2 nights POR and 6 nights Poly.
You would think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Hi RCers! Happy New Year a bit early.

Letthewookie, Jenny, We love musicals, too. I can't wait to see the Les Mis movie. We have tickets for when the traveling company comes here soon.
We haven't seen Wicked yet, but have tickets for that later in the year. Often our Christmas gifts to each other are show tickets.
I haven't seen Wicked yet, but I really want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
I’m very sad to have to let you all know that our wonderful, sweet, courageous Sarah (JungleCruiser) has passed. She did so peacefully with her husband Jon, and her 2 daughters Stephanie and Cynthia, by her side. They had Disney music playing, and they know she heard the music as she squeezed her daughter’s hand when wishes came on.

She was an upbeat, positive, caring person, who didn’t dwell on her illness, instead focused on living her life fully every day. Jon sent me an email and in it he said he couldn’t relay how much she so enjoyed talking and communicating with her DIS friends and how much she was looking forward to Disney and seeing us there.

She was a dear friend to me and I l will miss her greatly.

Her family is in the process of arranging a memorial service and her daughter Stephanie will pass along the details which I will share with you all. I set up a thread on the community board so we (and her all her DIS friends), can share our thoughts and memories of Sarah.

She's with God now and free of her pain. Please keep her family in your hearts and prayers.

The link:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post47022147
Thank you for letting us know. I'm sure typing that out was very emotionally hard to do.
I'll keep her family in our prayers. I'm sure she's in Heaven now getting some really good inside Disney information from Walt himself.
I think we'll all have a milk shake in her honor tonight.

My husband had been driving me crazy, saying that he knew I didn't like my earrings and he wanted to take them back. I finally caved and said that "no typically I didn't like clusters of smaller diamonds like these earrings are, but I really like these. Especially b/c he took the time to save hidden money from me (which would be about as easy as keeping all of us out of Disney for the rest of our lives), he got to Jared's (with out me knowing, while I was in the Apple store and Brook's Brothers), and picked them out". Then he was like, "you telling me that is like a mom that thinks the gift their child gave them was the most beautiful thing ever when it was just chewed gum in a dirty gum wrapper." He even made me go to the Jared website to pick out some different earrings so I could go exchange them. After looking through the website, the ones he picked were the exact ones I would have picked. Ok, well short of the $4,200 Leo Diamond 1ct studs, but I would have kicked his rear if he spent that kind of money on me for anything. Honestly, I'm not totally comfortable with the amount I know he spent on me.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 12-29-2012, 04:12 PM   #1223
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Janet. (((hug))) I have no words that can convey the deep sadness I am feeling upon hearing about our dear Sarah. She is with the angels now and no more suffering.
RIP Sarah you will be missed

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 12-29-2012, 04:15 PM   #1224
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Thinking of our Sarah wishing I could have met her in person, but am blessed to have shared a small part of her here with all of you through our common love of Disney. I won't forget her - her strength and courage, she was a inspiration to me and showed me the true meaning of perseverance and always with such a positive attitude. She will be dearly missed!
Marie

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 12-29-2012, 04:16 PM   #1225
babyberger
DIS Veteran

I am so saddened to hear of Sarah's passing Her family and friends (including all of you) are in my thoughts and prayers.

Melissa

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 12-29-2012, 04:59 PM   #1226
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Much love to Sarah's family. This makes my heart hurt.

We miss you, Sarah... thinking of you.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:49 PM   #1227
gwynne
DIS Veteran

I am so sad to hear of the loss of our sweet Sarah. Her family and friends will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:49 PM   #1228
LuvLuvLuv
DIS Veteran

Lots of sadness today. I visited the thread on the community board, but had to stop by here to express my sympathies to Sarah's family, friends, and all the RC'ers. We have got to know her well, and I think a big group hug is in order.

Old 12-29-2012, 08:50 PM   #1229
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

I am at Disney this week with our hs band...just happened to go on while waiting in line...so saddened to hear of Sarah's passing... my thoughts and prayers are with her family and all of you...
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 12-29-2012, 09:03 PM   #1230
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

I just wish we could all have that group hug. Sarah emailed me on the 23rd, to wish Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. How fast things must have changed for her.
I feel like yelling for the Dis to stop... at least for a moment. Someone special is missing now.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: