Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 01:39 AM   #136
tiki23
Able to leap a double stroller in a single *splat*
A hot glue gun was my best friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by akcire View Post
I married someone who pays more attention to details.
Smart!
1st Trip! 11/06 POP~ Christmas Time W/Mom 12/07 POP~ Just Me DL 3/08~ Mom-Son 8/08 POP~Fam & Friends 10/08 DLR~Reunion 9/09 ASMU~Sisters! 9/10 POFQ~ 3/11 w/DD's choir ASMu~ 5/12 EE Challenge w/Sis POP ~w/DH 9/12 AoA~ ToT Run/Reunion 10/13 POP! ~ ASP w/Sis Princess Wknd 2/14 DLand Half Marathon 8/14 11/14 Avenger Half Marathon
tiki23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:26 AM   #137
Shugardrawers
Ovarian Cancer Survivor!
I need to bust a royal wee!
Having a torrid affair with the
I like my pickles whole

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampam View Post
When we checked in last time, everyone had to show thier passport or other photo id.
Flame away But I've actually shared a room w/a guest not listed on my reservation. It's quite easy.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2012, 07:08 AM   #138
sotoalf
DIS Veteran

Agreed. If you don't go to a theme park, confine yourself to the resort and look old enough to not get carded for buying alcohol, how would Disney know?
sotoalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:27 AM   #139
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

I think most seem to be missing the point now. The issue isn't whether Disney will find out. In fact I am sure they know they will not catch everyone sneaking back on property.

The point is that after anyone is banned and are officaially and in writing told not to return, much more serious charges can be filed if they are caught.

AKK
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:27 PM   #140
Dan29racing
Earning My Ears

Im still curious about a question a previous poster asked, has anyone heard of a ban being overturned???
Dan29racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:36 PM   #141
ckdisfan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCJones View Post
OT, but a funny story.

Many years ago at the local mall, I unlocked a car that I thought was mine with MY keys!!! It wasn't until I was inside that I noticed the car wasn't mine. There was a jacket and other items that clued me in. I wonder to this day if it would have started. Instead I was so horrified I got out quickly before anyone saw me and gingerly walked one row over to my car.
Maybe 10 years ago while at Downtown Disney, we got into a minivan that we rented and realized that it wasn't ours. So our whole family of six hopped out and found "our" van. I believe that they left their van open and when my husband used the remote, he thought it opened the van and we all jumped in. The clue was there was sand inside and the drivers seat was in a different position. And some clothes that didn't belong to us!
ckdisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:47 PM   #142
anniemck
DIS Veteran

Actually knew someone who was banned, she was allowed to come to the WWoS but never back in a park. She was known to be a pathalogical liar and a thief, she was also an avid pin collector. While at a kiosk in MK, she told her son to hold on to some pins that she wanted and was still looking around. Then said lets go, he thought she paid for them and security was there and busted HIM for theft. They had video of her giving the pins to him. They wanted to put him in Juvenile jail and the mom took the blame, she ended up doing 30 days in jail and had to sign an agreement to never come back in the parks. I saw the letter so this much i know is true. How they let her do 30 days rather than her son I don't know, something is wrong with that part of the story I do believe. He was not banned only she was. She passed away a year and a half later, but like I said was allowed back at the WWoS that following year.

Official Disney Freak...
Presidents Day Weekend Twirlmania 2000-2012
Halloween 2011
Mothers Day, August, September, Osborne Family Lights 2012
DCL Wonder March 2013
15 cruises on other lines since 2007
6 trips to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge since 2009
Love vacations...
anniemck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:56 PM   #143
anniemck
DIS Veteran

Makes me think about when people want to take a trip to Canada... until recently if you have been convicted of:
driving under the influence of alcohol;
public mischief; or
shoplifting.
You are not allowed in, now you can request a one time temporary resident visa (even for a short day stay while on a cruise) and hope that they will allow you to come.
So many families have been effected by this because the wife or husband want to go on an Alaska cruise, but ALL of them have a port stop in Canada, and they have not been allowed to go because someone has a record.

Seems like Disney is banning people from visiting the World just like Canada is for visiting their country. You had your chance to be a good citizen, you screwed up so don't come visit anymore.

Official Disney Freak...
Presidents Day Weekend Twirlmania 2000-2012
Halloween 2011
Mothers Day, August, September, Osborne Family Lights 2012
DCL Wonder March 2013
15 cruises on other lines since 2007
6 trips to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge since 2009
Love vacations...
anniemck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:24 PM   #144
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckdisfan View Post
Maybe 10 years ago while at Downtown Disney, we got into a minivan that we rented and realized that it wasn't ours. So our whole family of six hopped out and found "our" van. I believe that they left their van open and when my husband used the remote, he thought it opened the van and we all jumped in. The clue was there was sand inside and the drivers seat was in a different position. And some clothes that didn't belong to us!
We had a similar experience--except we opened up two vans (and almost a third) using the remote (we were opening the back of the van to get things out) before we found "ours"!!!!! The first had a pair of crutches in the back (not us), the second had a stroller (definitely not us) and by the third we looked in before we opened. I reported it to the rental company when we turned the van back in but I'm sure that report went nowhere. Taught me not to leave any valuables in a rental car because you don't know who can open it.

toocherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:39 PM   #145
markay714
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodkenrich View Post
Actually, it was the use of the Tower of Terror for one ride without any restraints.

When my kids misbehave at Hollywood Studios, I point over to the Tower of Terror and say that riding that might be their punishment. They HATE that ride. I'd definitely let 'em use their restraints though....definitely want to keep 'em around!
markay714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:42 PM   #146
ilovedisney1982
Loving Disney Every Day!

Banned from Disney? I would hate that!!
ilovedisney1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:49 PM   #147
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

From all the reports of rental cars and access, I'm betting that the rental car companies use a more limited number of remotes/key combinations than typically available to make replacement easier. I'm sure they need to deal with that frequently enough.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:52 PM   #148
redrosesix
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
We had a similar experience--except we opened up two vans (and almost a third) using the remote (we were opening the back of the van to get things out) before we found "ours"!!!!! The first had a pair of crutches in the back (not us), the second had a stroller (definitely not us) and by the third we looked in before we opened. I reported it to the rental company when we turned the van back in but I'm sure that report went nowhere. Taught me not to leave any valuables in a rental car because you don't know who can open it.
Yup -- my keyless remote opened up somebody else's rental car and I was too sleepy to realize I was getting into a navy blue car, and not the black one we had rented. Figures I was just opening the door and realizing my mistake when the real renter walked up

Feb. 2008 All Star Music Feb. 2009 All Star Music Feb. 2010 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2011 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2012 Pop Pop Pop and All Star Music Feb. 2013 AoA, ASMusic and off-site with our team Feb. 2014 ASMusic and Cypress Pointe Resort Feb. 2015 Cypress Pointe Resort, US Cabana Bay and All Stars for Twirlmania
redrosesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:51 AM   #149
pampam
DIS Veteran

Now that would be embarrassing. I hope the real renter was understanding.
pampam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:06 AM   #150
CanadianGuy

Me and My Posse doing our New Kids on the Block moves at PI

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrosesix

Yup -- my keyless remote opened up somebody else's rental car and I was too sleepy to realize I was getting into a navy blue car, and not the black one we had rented. Figures I was just opening the door and realizing my mistake when the real renter walked up
Funny story at a family gathering a few years ago, I was tasked with moving a bunch of cousins, aunts and uncles vehicles from our driveway so that one aunt and her daughter could head out for home.

I discovered that one cousin's Ford key both unlocked and started another family member's car. At first I thought I had just mixed up the keys, but the real funny came when my uncle admitted he gave me the keys to a vehicle he'd left at home ... you know as a joke ... so he was like "What'd you do, hotwire my truck?" -- and I was like you mean 'these' aren't your keys?

It was kinda funny.. But there are limited number of key/unlock combinations. I have been at the mall and unlocked & entered a vehicle that wasn't mine on more than one occasion but with the new codes built into the keys, I haven't been able to start one. Thank goodness!

06/1995 - All Star Music | 11/1998 - Wilderness Lodge | 10/1999 - Disneyland
06/2006 - Pop Century | 03/2007 - Pop Century | 06/2007 - Coronado Springs
12/2007 - All Star Sports | 06/2008 - Pop Century | 09/2008 - All Star Sports
06/2010 - Swan | 06/2012 - Dolphin | 01/2013 - All Star Sports

CanadianGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: