Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 06:19 PM   #16
SnipsNSnails
DIS Veteran

You're correct, suites are excluded. You would only get 2 kids free with booking 2 rooms and lose your non-refundable deposit on the suite. You might still save some money but it will depend on the type of room on how much and if it's worth it to you.

7/1996 - CBR, 12/1998 - BC, 12/2008 - Pop DDP, 9/2011 - CBR DDP, 2/2013 - DCL Magic, 6/2013 - DL BWPPI
4 Generations Do WDW - Sept 2011 Trip Report
SnipsNSnails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:22 PM   #17
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnipsNSnails View Post
You're correct, suites are excluded. You would only get 2 kids free with booking 2 rooms and lose your non-refundable deposit on the suite. You might still save some money but it will depend on the type of room on how much and if it's worth it to you.
Thank you for that. Not sure it is worth it to only get two out of the 4 children free. I think we get a few perks in the 2 bedroom anyway that we wouldn't get in the two connecting rooms. (This is our first cruise ever so we really have no idea what we are doing! Can you tell?). I will just be happy with what we have and call it good. I was fine until I saw kids sail free! Thanks again.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2012, 06:23 PM   #18
quickcat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallawallakids View Post
Thank you. But I just read the fine print. I don't think we are eligible because I booked the 2 bedroom suite for the 6 of us, thinking, at the time, that it would be the better way to go then to pay for 2 rooms. Rethinking that now. But it looks like that offer is excluded on the suites and if I switch to two regular rooms, only one kid would be free in each room because it says "two full paying adult fares per room". Is that right? I would also loose my deposit. I think. I have already paid the whole thing in full, so I could call them on Jan 2 but I think the answer is going to be no all the way around. Oh well. Should have waited until Jan to book!
Boy, sorry, I dont know how it works with suites. I only know that they are not included in the kids free offer. Maybe someone else will be able to help you out with that info before the 2nd.
Good luck with your choice! But from things I have read you wont be disappointed with the suites, I've never sailed in one but always love looking at the pictures and reading about how nice they are
quickcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:25 PM   #19
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickcat View Post
Boy, sorry, I dont know how it works with suites. I only know that they are not included in the kids free offer. Maybe someone else will be able to help you out with that info before the 2nd.
Good luck with your choice! But from things I have read you wont be disappointed with the suites, I've never sailed in one but always love looking at the pictures and reading about how nice they are
Thank you!!! I am still really excited to go on our first cruise!!! I am sure we will love every minute of it.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:28 PM   #20
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Yes, in the 2-bedroom suite you are considered concierge and will get numerous perks not available to rooms that qualify for the kids sail free offer. I would not hesitate to keep the suite.
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:51 PM   #21
Smith70592
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyfaz View Post
Anyone have anymore information on which cruises will be offered. I have seen on a couple of website it says most sailings through 4/23. I'm looking at 3/15 or 4/12, both 4 nights. I thought this would be a good starter cruise to see how much we like DCL. We live about 45 minutes away from the port.
KSF starting at 8 am on Januray 2 for these dates:

8-night: March 29 and April 26
6-night: April 6 and April 20
4-night: March 15, March 19, April 12 and April 16
Smith70592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:20 AM   #22
Ashleyfaz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith70592 View Post

How did you find out? The TA told me they wouldn't know for sure until 1/02/13. I want to go on the 4/12, so it will be awesome if it is included!
Ashleyfaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:10 AM   #23
Smith70592
Earning My Ears

Quote:
How did you find out? The TA told me they wouldn't know for sure until 1/02/13. I want to go on the 4/12, so it will be awesome if it is included!
easy.. just called the Castaway Club Phone Number and asked for my self last night
Old 12-29-2012, 11:21 AM   #24
MedicGoofy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ugh, can't believe it. Already paid in full for our cruise on 4/16. And we have 4 kids!! KSF would have been really nice. Bummed out.
If it would also save you money, cancel and rebook. If your deposit is much less than what you would save with a KSF, then I would cancel.

I was PIF on a cruise and they brought out GT rates. The rate for a veranda was less than what I ended up paying for my inside room. I cancelled, lost my deposit, but rebooked a veranda. My loss was only $225. Not bad considering I will now be able to have fresh air in my room
Old 12-29-2012, 11:23 AM   #25
Ashleyfaz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
easy.. just called the Castaway Club Phone Number and asked for my self last night
Thanks! Can't wait til 1/2 to get booked. This will be our first DCL cruise. I wish they weren't leaving galveston. We wanted to book another cruise in the spring of 2014 after another WDW trip in November.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:39 PM   #26
Smith70592
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Thanks! Can't wait til 1/2 to get booked. This will be our first DCL cruise. I wish they weren't leaving galveston. We wanted to book another cruise in the spring of 2014 after another WDW trip in November.
no problem... we are looking at either the 12th or 16th of April. We loved the Dream in 2011 and looking forward to sailing on one of the smaller ships this time. Heading over to WDW next December during the school holiday break. If you have not done the World during Christmas time before, you will never forget it! My wife and son still talk about it every Christmas since we did it back in 09.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:06 PM   #27
Ashleyfaz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
no problem... we are looking at either the 12th or 16th of April. We loved the Dream in 2011 and looking forward to sailing on one of the smaller ships this time. Heading over to WDW next December during the school holiday break. If you have not done the World during Christmas time before, you will never forget it! My wife and son still talk about it every Christmas since we did it back in 09.
I was going to plan another trip during christmas break, but my husband doesn't want to deal with the crowds. We enjoyed ourselves last month during thanksgiving, so we are doing it again. We are staying at the wilderness lodge (again) and we loved the decorations for christmas. It was beautiful.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:15 PM   #28
Minnie321
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ugh, can't believe it. Already paid in full for our cruise on 4/16. And we have 4 kids!! KSF would have been really nice. Bummed out.
Call - mine was before the PIF date but they did change my reservation to reflect the KSF - I would call.

Minnie321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:04 PM   #29
disneypoor
DH thinks I have a "thing" for Mickey!

Quote:

You don't happen to know what the dates will be, if any additional dates are added, for the kids sail free promotion for Miami, do you? I've been patiently waiting....... Thanks!

Susan

09/93 Honeymoon at WDW, 03/01 First time to WDW with kids,
06/02 WDW, 11/03 First trip to Disneyland, 05/05 BIG family trip
to WDW POR, 06/06 First cruise on the Wonder/WDW ASM,
11/06 Disneyland, 03/07 7 Night Eastern, 09/07 3 Nights on the
Wonder, 03/08 Cruise to the Hawaiian Islands, 11/08 DD on the Magic,
11/09 3 Nights on the Wonder and WDW, 07/10 Family Vacation to WDW,
02/11 3 Nights on the Dream, 06/11 Alaskan Cruise on the Wonder, 03/12 One Week in Maui,
07/26/12 Bay Lake Tower 1st DVC Stay

Upcoming Trips: 03/16/13 5 Night DCL Western, 07/13 Villas at Grand California
Trip Reports: 06/06 Wonder, 03/07 Eastern, 06/11 Alaskan Cruise
disneypoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:26 PM   #30
DisneyMomJen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneypoor View Post
You don't happen to know what the dates will be, if any additional dates are added, for the kids sail free promotion for Miami, do you? I've been patiently waiting....... Thanks!

Susan
I was wondering the same. Do you think they will be extending Kids Sail Free for Miami?
DisneyMomJen is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: