Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2012, 09:37 AM   #1
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

Discovery Cove w/o dolphin experience

I have a couple of questions:

1. Does anyone that did this regret not doing the dolphin experience?
2. Why can't I find prices on the website for this? It talks about both but if you go to the price page it only offers the Dolphin Experience.

Thanks for any advice!
Pam

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club, July 2014 Disney's HHI Resort

ProudMommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:35 AM   #2
carissacolston
Earning My Ears

Discovery Cove

My children were 7 & 4 when we went to DC this summer and my 7 year old was a bit disappointed but she still had a wonderful time and plan on going again since the Freshwater Experience was not opened at the time we went. I want to say when we went it was around $149/pp. You can go under book your reservation and enter the number for the day resort and click search available dates and it will show the available dates along with the prices. The palm tree beside the price is the one for the day resort.
carissacolston is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2012, 11:57 AM   #3
janinca
Mouseketeer

We went for the first time this past October. We decided to splurge and do the dolphin swim and I am glad we did it but we would have had a fantastic time without it as well. I am hoping to go back next year and will not be doing the dolphin swim that time. It is such a wonderful place that I think you will enjoy it either way.
janinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:36 PM   #4
greenclan67
Callie35

Quote:
Originally Posted by janinca View Post
We went for the first time this past October. We decided to splurge and do the dolphin swim and I am glad we did it but we would have had a fantastic time without it as well. I am hoping to go back next year and will not be doing the dolphin swim that time. It is such a wonderful place that I think you will enjoy it either way.
I agree. We did the dolphin swim the first year, and loved it. The last two times we have been we have just done the resort day, and I loved it even more!! I didn't have to be anywhere at anytime, and we just sat back and relaxed, had plenty of food and drinks, (lots of drinks) But with the sun and the water, I have yet to see anyone intoxicated there. They all seem happy, but not awful!!! So you could do eithier one, and be happy with it! That being said you have to do the dolphin swim at least once I think!

ME DH DD (12): DD We love good times!
2012 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 13 days
2011 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 12 days
2010 Cypress Pointe Resort 12 days
2009 Bonnett Creek 8 days
2008 Solano Resort 8 days
greenclan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:31 PM   #5
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

Our Discovery Cove day was the best day of our last trip. I loved it there. But we did the Dolphin swim. I couldn't imagine going and NOT doing it. But now that I have done it I would love to go back and just do the day package w/o the swim. Maybe do the sea venture instead.
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:10 AM   #6
Fuhnuh
Mouseketeer

We've been to DC three times and have done the Dolphin Swim each time. That being said, I think that we would have enjoyed the experience almost as much w/o it the last two times. DD12 seemed just as excited doing the other things there as the Dolphin Swim but DD12 wants to do the Dolphin Swim this summer, so maybe more integral to her enjoyment than she lets on while we're there.
Fuhnuh is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: