Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 07:24 PM   #2056
tamj
Earning My Ears

The beach pool IS open and being used. We were also told the courtyard pool should be open by early spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneysmom View Post
Did the pool workers just go on strike? . Seems so odd that they seemed to have abandoned ship. When you were there was the beach pool open? I'm okay as long as there's one pool open.

It looks like they've decorated Gaspies very nice....how was the food? Have they expanded the menu choices?
Old 12-24-2012, 10:18 PM   #2057
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamj View Post
The beach pool IS open and being used. We were also told the courtyard pool should be open by early spring.
Yay! thank you! I can't even tell you how excited I am to go back to the Grand!

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-25-2012, 07:08 PM   #2058
princessmocha
Mouseketeer

Our First Stay at the Grand Floridian

Hi Everyone! My first post ever! My inlaws are taking the whole family to Disney World and a Disney Cruise next Christmas. I jokingly said, "I've always wanted to stay at the Grand Floridian" and my MIL took it to heart and booked us at the GF! I'm soooo excited. I have always wanted to stay there . . . My question is, will the construction on the new DVC resort be finished by next Christmas? I would really love to not have to look at that, but I am sure it will be a wonderful trip even if there is construction.

Also, we have a theme park view room, do all theme park views have a good view of the fireworks and the castle or is that something we should request before or at check-in? Thanks!

Old 12-26-2012, 07:48 AM   #2059
jojomickey
Mouseketeer

I'm so excited for you we just got back a month ago and and we usually book TPV we have stayed in the Conch key or the Sago key they both have beautiful views of the castle and fireworks. So I would request either one. Have fun planning your trip,it is beautiful there at Christmas!
Old 12-26-2012, 08:21 PM   #2060
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmocha View Post
Hi Everyone! My first post ever! My inlaws are taking the whole family to Disney World and a Disney Cruise next Christmas. I jokingly said, "I've always wanted to stay at the Grand Floridian" and my MIL took it to heart and booked us at the GF! I'm soooo excited. I have always wanted to stay there . . . My question is, will the construction on the new DVC resort be finished by next Christmas? I would really love to not have to look at that, but I am sure it will be a wonderful trip even if there is construction.

Also, we have a theme park view room, do all theme park views have a good view of the fireworks and the castle or is that something we should request before or at check-in? Thanks!
According to the announced schedule, the DVC building is supposed to be open by next Xmas. If its not open, the exterior should definitely be done at the very least. Plus, with a theme park view, you'll be facing the opposite direction. Enjoy!!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 12-27-2012, 04:50 PM   #2061
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

I'm sure everyone knows by now, but I thought I'd post anyway.... Disney Visa released the cardholder spring discount for packages up to June 14.

here's the link if anyone needs to see if it might help you...
http://disneyrewards.com/offers (hopefully it's okay to post this) Save up to 30% at select Walt Disney World® Resort Hotels for stays most nights 2/18 - 3/23/2013 and 4/2 - 6/14/2013.

I hope helps someone! After staying on the phone for 3 hours on hold, I finally got through and saved $ 909 on our trip. So it was really worth waiting for!!

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
Old 12-27-2012, 09:55 PM   #2062
princessmocha
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojomickey View Post
I'm so excited for you we just got back a month ago and and we usually book TPV we have stayed in the Conch key or the Sago key they both have beautiful views of the castle and fireworks. So I would request either one. Have fun planning your trip,it is beautiful there at Christmas!
Thank you so much for the information! I will definitely be requesting one of those if I can.

Old 12-27-2012, 09:57 PM   #2063
princessmocha
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
According to the announced schedule, the DVC building is supposed to be open by next Xmas. If its not open, the exterior should definitely be done at the very least. Plus, with a theme park view, you'll be facing the opposite direction. Enjoy!!
Thank you so much for the information. I have been looking at all the pictures and trying to get my barings straight. LOL This is the first time we have ever stayed there and our first trip in 4 years . . . I'm just so excited.

Old 12-27-2012, 10:35 PM   #2064
jojomickey
Mouseketeer

Your welcome, I know planning for a trip to Disney is so exciting !!!!!
Old 12-28-2012, 10:13 AM   #2065
cgulls
Mouseketeer

courtyard pool

the updated disney site now says the Courtyard Pool will be open in March, 2013. I suppose that's a little more specific than the "Spring 2013" we've been hearing.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/re...esort-and-spa/
Old 12-29-2012, 11:09 AM   #2066
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

Keep your fingers crossed for March, 2013 for pool opening! We won't be there until July. Hope it's open for all of you going in the spring.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:00 PM   #2067
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer

Can anyone guess as to whether or not the courtyard pool will be open by the end of April? We are scheduled to arrive at the GF on April 29, and it sure would be nice to have it ready to use!

Edited to add..I changed over from WL and have not changed the ticker!
Old 12-29-2012, 02:33 PM   #2068
Pixie Dust Maven
Earning My Ears

Hi, I am so glad that I stumbled across the DisBoards and this thread. I have taken the past two days to go through the entire thread and boy am I overwhelmed and over joyed all at the same time.

We are looking to book the GF for this summer in either a garden view room or a club level room - outer building? We have not booked yet but we are hoping to do so within a week or two. Not sure if club level would be worth the extra money for us or not. Instead of club level, we might put that extra money toward a fire works cruise and those little white boat rental's. Lots to think about. But good things to think about!!
Old 12-29-2012, 04:21 PM   #2069
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Sad news about our dear JungleCruiser …

I’m very sad to let you know that JungleCrusier, Sarah, has passed. To those of you who came to know this lovely, funny, caring woman, you know how much she lived for her Disney trips and how much she loved the Grand Floridian.

If you would like to, please visit this link to share your memories and thoughts of Sarah, which will be shared with her family. God bless.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post47022147

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: POP Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 12-29-2012, 05:15 PM   #2070
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
I’m very sad to let you know that JungleCrusier, Sarah, has passed. To those of you who came to know this lovely, funny, caring woman, you know how much she lived for her Disney trips and how much she loved the Grand Floridian.

If you would like to, please visit this link to share your memories and thoughts of Sarah, which will be shared with her family. God bless.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post47022147
Thank you for sharing this here, too, Janet. Sarah loved the Grand and she will be greatly missed.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: