Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2012, 02:57 AM   #166
princess aleya
DIS Veteran

Wow everything you all ordered ot BOG looks amazing!!! I can't wait to try it out when visit next Christmas.

princess aleya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:32 AM   #167
mickey2minnie1
DIS Veteran

I have been going back and forth between LC and Chefs for Remy. My kids love LC, but Remy is so cute! My kids will be 10, 13, and 16 when we go in June.

I was thinking of doing a CS at BOG, but the dinners look amazing. What would you recommend?

Love your pics!!
June 2010 3 nights at the Poly w/ DH
Oct/Nov 2009 8 nights at the Poly GVCL
Oct/Nov 2007 9 nights at the Poly

Me DH DS 16 DS 13 DD 11 Sebastian 5
mickey2minnie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2012, 09:53 AM   #168
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

Your meal at BOG looks amazing. Your lobster app would probably be my first choice, too!
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

tinacaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:46 AM   #169
WDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Great dining reviews! We ate at Yachtsman Steakhouse in 2011 and it was excellent!! Cannot wait to try BOG, looks amazing. And yum, the French onion soup at Chefs looks incredible.

Love your cupcake mission! And you are so lucky to live near WDW...I would love to live in FL again (Miami about 20 years ago) but the husband thinks it would be horrible.

Looking forward to more reviews!
WDisneyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:46 PM   #170
Smiling Cheshire Cat
DIS Veteran

You've made my day, Nicki, giving BOG such a great review! Can't wait to try it. Your shrimp pastry puff looks delish.

Rachel
AKL, ASMovies(2), ASMusic(2), ASSports, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Dolphin, French Quarter, Gaylord Palms, Grand Californian, Grand Floridian, Kidani Village, Polynesian, Pop Century(2), Riverside, Wilderness Lodge
Smiling Cheshire Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:05 PM   #171
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Nicki I am gonna have to go to BOG That scallop and shrimp entree has my name written all over it !!In fact I think if you look you will see Rosie right on it
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:41 PM   #172
happy2012
♫ ♪There's a great big beautiful tomorrow Shinin' at the end of ev'ry day♫ ♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post

She also had an order of onion rings and they were delicious! Hot and crispy and not greasy, I had one and would have eaten the entire plate!

Yes!!! The Onion rings are AMAZING @ PB & also Flame Tree @ AK!! The best Onion rings ever!! That was a great find for us & a snack credit on DDP!!! I'll remember that for nxt time. Super yummy. I agree, the fries didn't seem as good to me this year, IDK why? I never thought they were great but something seems different to me.
LOL!! Todd w/ the egg rolls... gotta roll to the egg roll wagon! DH & I had a bunch of them!!

Our next signature, we HAVE do the Yachtsman Steakhouse!!! My DH will love it!!! It just looks wonderful here in ur review. We only do 1 signature per trip, but it would be amazing if we could get DLX DDP on a FD package!!! <~~the hope, anyway

Last edited by happy2012; 12-30-2012 at 09:10 PM.
happy2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:13 PM   #173
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:45 PM   #174
dfarner
I married my Prince Charming.

BOG looks tremendous! Love the pics and review. I just made our June dinner reservation today....so glad I did. It's so neat that Beast comes through the dining room. My girls will love that!

Thanks for sharing!

Me DH DD11 DD7

1992-2004 many offsite trips
2005-ASMo,ASMu,OKW 2006-SSR 2007-OKW 2008-POR and VWL 2009-Dolphin
2010-Grand Floridian~SugarLoaf
2011-Polynesian~GVCL
2013-Port Orleans Riverside, Beach Club~SVCL
dfarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:18 AM   #175
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Happy New Year Nicki and Todd !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:44 AM   #176
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #177
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

A little late, .........

Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:48 PM   #178
amandaw
DIS Veteran

I am finally coming over from Kathy's TR and joining in for the dining reviews.

Boma: the bread pudding looks fantastic! I have heard so many good things about the breakfast there.

Beaches & Cream: We went there for the 1st time on our last trip & loved it! The Turkey Club looks very good. I had the cheeseburger & thought it was delicious. We tried the No Way Jose Sundae but may have to try that Oreo Sundae if we ever get back....YUM!

Chefs de France: I was really interested to read this review since I am thinking about giving it a try on our next trip. Looks like everything was very good! I really want to try their french onion soup.

The gingerbread & pumpkin spice cupcakes: Oh. My. Word. Those look out of this world! I really will have to remember these, especially the gingerbread cupcake, if we do get to go back in December.

Snowball drink: YUMMY! That looks/sounds heavenly! Another thing for me to remember on our December trip.

Yachtsman: Another review I was happy to read! Since we'll be celebrating our anniversary if we go in Dec, I am thinking of bringing our DS to one of the kids club one night while we have a date night. The Yachtsman was on my list of possibilities. I think it may be the winner for us!

Kona: One of these trips, I am going to get there for breakfast. We've had dinner there and really enjoyed it. But, breakfast looks fantastic!

Be Our Guest: Just when I really thought I would be ok eating there for lunch & not dinner, I have to go and read your wonderful review! Everything looks fabulous! I was excited to hear that y'all tried the gray stuff!
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:53 PM   #179
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
It was delicious! I actually just posted about it on my TR. I got the Turkey sandwich and it was huge and so tasty. Real carved turkey with a buttered roll, the veggies were chopped fine and in a vinagrette....it was my favorite meal. And I got the Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake for dessert and that was delicious too!
I read your review, YUM! I love turkey, would be great if we could do a lunch there on our next trip and dinner too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Just came over from Kathy's report. I was dying to see how the food was on your trip. So I sat down and read your entire report.
I've noticed that you are eating similar to the way that I am. Lots of veggies and meats, but staying away from starches and sweets.
We are at Disney now and it is soooo hard!!!

One thing that I did want to try but forgot about was that gingerbread cupcake with the cream cheese frosting. That may be an indulgence that I allow myself. It looks yummy.... So I'll thank you right now for the reminder of it's existence! We might just have to walk to DHS in the morning and grab one at Starring Rolls....
Anxious to read more!!
Welcome! Dont you love a teaser...she makes you come over here to drool over food I do my very best to eat just protein and veggies and it works out very well in WDW but I have to eat my cupcakes, I cannot give those up while on vacation! Sharing with Todd helps too, that way I dont pig out too much He is always willing to finish my leftovers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Oh and I just booked Kona for in the morning based upon what you had when you all ate there. I'm ordering the exact same thing. I hope the tomatoes are as pretty as yours were!
You will love Kona! I ordred the eggs, meat and tomatoes in Oct too and it was great. I loved not feeling too stuffed to move after breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess aleya View Post
Wow everything you all ordered ot BOG looks amazing!!! I can't wait to try it out when visit next Christmas.
It was excellent, not a bad meal among all 6 of us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey2minnie1 View Post
I have been going back and forth between LC and Chefs for Remy. My kids love LC, but Remy is so cute! My kids will be 10, 13, and 16 when we go in June.

I was thinking of doing a CS at BOG, but the dinners look amazing. What would you recommend?

Love your pics!!
Havent tried lunch at BOG but if I had to choose I would pick dinner...that shrimp in lobster sauce was just incredible and I cannot imagine going to BOG and not being able to order that! I would go to Chefs just for the lobster bisque and Remy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Your meal at BOG looks amazing. Your lobster app would probably be my first choice, too!
Actually it was shrimp in lobster sauce entree and it was amazing! Hope you and Max are having a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDisneyMom View Post
Great dining reviews! We ate at Yachtsman Steakhouse in 2011 and it was excellent!! Cannot wait to try BOG, looks amazing. And yum, the French onion soup at Chefs looks incredible.

Love your cupcake mission! And you are so lucky to live near WDW...I would love to live in FL again (Miami about 20 years ago) but the husband thinks it would be horrible.

Looking forward to more reviews!
I love the YM and BOG and Chefs! So many great places, I need more trips to fit them all in! I love living in Naples, well I didnt 22 years ago when this place was a ghost town, but now that it is more city-fied I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Cheshire Cat View Post
You've made my day, Nicki, giving BOG such a great review! Can't wait to try it. Your shrimp pastry puff looks delish.
It was out of this world incredible, lick the plate worthy!
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:54 PM   #180
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Nicki I am gonna have to go to BOG That scallop and shrimp entree has my name written all over it !!In fact I think if you look you will see Rosie right on it
LOL! You are too much Rosie...cant you see the Nicki written all over it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2012 View Post
Yes!!! The Onion rings are AMAZING @ PB & also Flame Tree @ AK!! The best Onion rings ever!! That was a great find for us & a snack credit on DDP!!! I'll remember that for nxt time. Super yummy. I agree, the fries didn't seem as good to me this year, IDK why? I never thought they were great but something seems different to me.
LOL!! Todd w/ the egg rolls... gotta roll to the egg roll wagon! DH & I had a bunch of them!!

Our next signature, we HAVE do the Yachtsman Steakhouse!!! My DH will love it!!! It just looks wonderful here in ur review. We only do 1 signature per trip, but it would be amazing if we could get DLX DDP on a FD package!!! <~~the hope, anyway
Yes they are, I have never met an onion ring that didnt ring my bell! Todd is an egg roll nut...you should have seen him pig out on NYE, my family was taking bets on how many he could eat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfarner View Post
BOG looks tremendous! Love the pics and review. I just made our June dinner reservation today....so glad I did. It's so neat that Beast comes through the dining room. My girls will love that!

Thanks for sharing!
You will love BOG, WDW really out did themselves on this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
I am finally coming over from Kathy's TR and joining in for the dining reviews.

Boma: the bread pudding looks fantastic! I have heard so many good things about the breakfast there.

It was outstanding, I could easily over induldge in that!

Beaches & Cream: We went there for the 1st time on our last trip & loved it! The Turkey Club looks very good. I had the cheeseburger & thought it was delicious. We tried the No Way Jose Sundae but may have to try that Oreo Sundae if we ever get back....YUM!

THe best cheeseburger on property for sure! Love the NWJ, the peanut butter sauce is wonderful!

Chefs de France: I was really interested to read this review since I am thinking about giving it a try on our next trip. Looks like everything was very good! I really want to try their french onion soup.

You should go for it, you will love it!

The gingerbread & pumpkin spice cupcakes: Oh. My. Word. Those look out of this world! I really will have to remember these, especially the gingerbread cupcake, if we do get to go back in December.

WDW is really hitting it big with the cupcakes, I do not remember them having so many before but I love that they are doing it now!

Snowball drink: YUMMY! That looks/sounds heavenly! Another thing for me to remember on our December trip.

It was excellent, not too sweet, just perfect! I have been drinking them at home since our trip

Yachtsman: Another review I was happy to read! Since we'll be celebrating our anniversary if we go in Dec, I am thinking of bringing our DS to one of the kids club one night while we have a date night. The Yachtsman was on my list of possibilities. I think it may be the winner for us!

It is kid friendly, they give out crayons and such

Kona: One of these trips, I am going to get there for breakfast. We've had dinner there and really enjoyed it. But, breakfast looks fantastic!

Breakfast is my favorite meal at Kona, the coffee alone is worth a trip

Be Our Guest: Just when I really thought I would be ok eating there for lunch & not dinner, I have to go and read your wonderful review! Everything looks fabulous! I was excited to hear that y'all tried the gray stuff!
I would love to try lunch but dinner is the winner for us!
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: