Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 11:05 AM   #1
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Finally got my own way - TR - 17.10.12

Wednesday 17th October

We had a lie-in this morning after all the fun of the previous night! We had a 1pm lunch reservation for Le Cellier in Epcot, so we headed straight there!

The setting is beautiful, however inside the restaurant felt very claustrophobic. We were sat at the back in the corner along a row of 4 tables of 2. There was very little space between each table, so it felt a bit too close for comfort. In my opinion anyway.

But the food was delicious! I had the chocolate raspberry shake for drink, the famous filet mignon for main and the chocolate “moose” for pudding.

Tom had the maple crème brulee for pudding, and said it was the best one he’d had whilst away!

Off to finish what we had started in FutureWorld. The Seas with Nemo was actually really cute – it tells the story, kind of, by projecting the pictures onto/into real tanks of fish!

As we exited, we walked straight into a Turtle Talk show with Crush. This is where Crush talks to the audience, and then audience can ask questions. This was so funny; it was the classic type of “aimed at kids, but funny for adults on a different level too” humour!

We did Journey into Imagination with Figment next, which I don’t think we’ve done before. It was okay, a nice little ride. Then over to Captain EO; one of Disney’s more obscure shows. I don’t remember it being that awful!

Last but not least…

Eek! I won’t lie, I was scared! I don’t like spinning, and I really didn’t want to be poorly for the rest of the day. It was actually really good – I definitely felt it spin, which gave amazing G-forces, but I did feel a bit dizzy during the rest of the ride. I would do it again though!

So, as we hadn’t eaten for a while (on purpose!), it was time to hit the Food and Wine Festival!

So, we had Swedish Meatballs and Lingonberries from Scandinavia

Chicken Satay with Spiced Peanut Sauce and Pickled Vegetables from China

Seared Filet of Beef with Smashed Sweet Potatoes and Braai Sauce from South Africa

Cheese selection – Cheddar, Brie and Blue Cheese

Roast Bratwurst in a Pretzel Roll from Germany

Kielbasa and Potato Pierogie with Caramelised Onions and Sour Cream from Poland

Linda Bean’s Perfect Maine Lobster Roll

Shrimp Ceviche with Fire Roasted Vegetables, Fried Plantains and Cilantro from Florida

And a Floridian beer…

Seared Sea Scallop with Red Curry Puree and Apple Radish Salad from New Zealand

Belgian Chocolate Seashell Truffles

Escargots (Garlic and Parsley Snails in Brioche) from France

Continued...

2013's Big Celebration Christmas Trip 'Finally got my own way!'...October 2012 TR Playing 'I Spy' in Disney... December 2010 TR Our Youtube Channel

DLRP August 2004 DLRP June 2008

WDW October 2000 WDW April 2003 WDW December 2006 WDW December 2010 WDW CSR October 2012 WDW December 2013
Tinkerbell1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:06 AM   #2
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

And also a Cosmo Slush…

Cheddar Cheese Soup from Canada

Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki from Greece

Dark Chocolate Moose with Chilli and Salted Caramel

Warm Chocolate Lave Cake with Baileys Ganache from Ireland

And a little something to watch the fireworks with – a Sparkling Pomegranate Kir, and a Stella Artois!

Lots of food photos; we had such a brilliant day! Most of the food was really good, only a couple of things just weren’t to our taste! We actually used all of our snack credits on the Festival, but we had planned to do so and it worked out fabulously! It definitely pays to factor in a meal in order to tour the Festival.

Next – Finishing up in Hollywood Studios!

2013's Big Celebration Christmas Trip 'Finally got my own way!'...October 2012 TR Playing 'I Spy' in Disney... December 2010 TR Our Youtube Channel

WDW October 2000 WDW April 2003 WDW December 2006 WDW December 2010 WDW CSR October 2012 WDW December 2013
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2012, 09:44 AM   #3
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Good use of your snack credits i'd say.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:13 PM   #4
Nubbedy
I was born without a 'Hidden-Mickey-spotting' gene
ºoº

Great way to use your snack credits - how nice to try all those different foods.

Sara My Disbuddy is kristieuk
Disney World - July 2006 (ASMo), Aug 2007 (ASMo), Apr 2008 (Pop), Aug 2009 (POFQ), Aug 2010 (POFQ), Oct 2011 (POFQ) Aug 2012 (POFQ) Aug 2013 (POFQ)
Disneyland Paris - Jan 2007 (NY), Oct 2008 (Ch), Feb 2010 (Ch), Feb 2011 (Ch), Aug 2011 (SL)
Feb 2012 (Ch) Dec 2012 (Ch) Feb 2013 (Ch) Feb 2014 (Ch)
Nubbedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:52 PM   #5
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly
Good use of your snack credits i'd say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubbedy
Great way to use your snack credits - how nice to try all those different foods.
It was an amazing evening, and it was a brilliant way to have an evening meal! X

Old 12-29-2012, 09:44 AM   #6
tinks_1989
need a like button

Did you like the snails? I just dont think I could ever do it x
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:32 PM   #7
westgrove
Mouseketeer

Your holiday looks fantastic! I remember you planning this when I went back in May. We loved staying at CSR and are hoping to go back to both WDW and CSR this year. I've definitely got a few ideas from your trip report too
Nov 2014 - Disneyland Paris (?)
May 2015 - Tokyo Disneyland (?)
westgrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #8
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989
Did you like the snails? I just dont think I could ever do it x
It just tasted like garlic! But they were nice, I'd never had them before. Xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by westgrove
Your holiday looks fantastic! I remember you planning this when I went back in May. We loved staying at CSR and are hoping to go back to both WDW and CSR this year. I've definitely got a few ideas from your trip report too
Aww thanks hun, we had an amazing time... we're also going back this year but not until December! It was nice to do some new things too! I hope to share many tips and tricks hehe! Xx

Old 01-07-2013, 07:45 PM   #9
disney_princess_85
Liked the sky effect
If we feel like having pop tarts for breakfast we can

Wow, you certainly went for it at F&W! We were there at the same time actually and we also spent most, if not all, of our snack credits at the booths. We also spent a fortune on cocktails and beer.

I'm really enjoying reading your report, looking forward to more!
January 2002- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, October 2007- Disneyland Paris, Newport Bay Club, May 2008- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort, January 2009- Disneyland Paris, Holiday Inn, March 2009- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, May 2009- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2009- Walt Disney World, Coronado Springs/Universal Studios, Hard Rock Hotel Club Level, November 2009- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, February 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, May 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, August-September 2010- Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort Club Level, October 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, December 2010-January 2011- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2011- Walt Disney World, POFQ/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs, October 2012- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Wilderness Lodge, February 2013- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, October 2013- Walt Disney World, Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Lodge, May 2014- Disneyland, Paradise Pier

Lauren
disney_princess_85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: