Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 10:45 PM   #16
disneywonderfun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser76 View Post
Congratulations and well done for you and your other half for being able to afford that experience.
Not sure that help's the OP in anyway though?
I am not sure you noticed, but my response was specifically to the posting that mentioned to the original poster that one could book the Royal Suite if you wanted to have your kids enjoy Palo. That is why I included that specific post to my response. And, no, I really do not think congratulations are in order. But, my post was relevant to the thread despite yours not really being anything but an attempt to attack somebody taking the effort to post information that might be helpful to some. I guess I should give you some slack since it appears you just signed up for this board. Nevertheless, you should try to be more cordial in your posts in the future. The point of the board is for an informative and healthy discussion. Only responding to the original post is not conducive to a discussion among the members.

DWF

Last edited by disneywonderfun; 12-28-2012 at 10:55 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:24 PM   #17
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Congratulations and well done for you and your other half for being able to afford that experience.
People on discussion boards discuss. Sometimes not every post is directly right to the original poster. Like this one. Or yours, for that matter.

OP, I hope you guys do a dress-up night! That sounds like fun. We're doing a 3 day as well, and I was bummed to find there's no formal night, since I am now able to fit into the dress/gown I wore for formal night on our honeymoon cruise. (only took 8.5 years to get there!) Maybe I'll have dress-up night on my own.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2012, 07:12 AM   #18
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody73
No, unless your names are Aly & AJ.

Woody
True but that was in the private room and for security reasons.

Sent from my Samsung Galexy Ace using the DISBoards app

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
Old 12-29-2012, 07:35 AM   #19
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
How do you know what the OP can or can't afford? Sounds more like jealousy on your own end. It was good information and quite frankly, if you look very carefully, sometimes the royal suite is pretty affordable.

OP, this question seems to come up often and it always seems to get some harsh replys. I understand why you would ask the question. I have 3 kids 18, 18, and 6 and all are very calm and quiet. Personally, none of mine would have any insterest in Palo. They care more about how many burgers and ice cream cones they can get on the ship . But as a parent, I can understand wanting to bring mature teenagers to Palo for something special.

People get very worked up because they want to be sure it is adult only and stays that way. Because even though people SAY they have mature kids, we all know the reality is that some kids are a total nuisance. So I agree Disney shouldn't bend the rules.

We are a family that prefers to do everything with our kids and I don't care about adult time. (Not that there is anything wrong with that.) But I am sure we will still get that because our kids will probably dump US.

Disney bends the rules on a lot of issues so it isn't surprising that someone would ask the question. I don't get why people get so snarky with responses. But anyway, no they won't budge at all on this one or on excursion ages either. That's the one I am bummed about. My son will be 7 and wants to do the jet ski tour and parasail but the age is 8 and Disney doesn't budge on that. Guess we will just have to go again the next year.

Regarding Palo, I have a question. If the parents dine there, can they take anything to go for their kids?

ETA:
Quote:
True but that was in the private room and for security reasons.
What's the back story on that about? I'm nosey!
Old 12-29-2012, 09:03 AM   #20
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Ok...keep it nice people. Please remember that it is often hard to dicipher a person's intent in the writtin form without seeing body language and other indicators of their meaning....so....take each post with a grain of salt and don't be so quick to judge others.

Since the OP's question was answered I am closing the thread.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: