Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 08:37 AM   #631
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Sessions.

Inside Sessions.

A little more exploring.

Up Beat is where you can buy duty free alcohol and cigarettes. We went in and asked about the kinds, thinking we would be good wives and bring some home for the husbands, but they were very limited on what they carried.

Into Diversions.

I decided to have a little fun. I set up the tripod and a long exposure and then I would run into the picture, stand a moment and then leave it, giving me a ghost look.

After that fun I headed up towards the spa, with a quick look out at the adult pool.

The Vista Spa was completely empty.

Last edited by jenseib; 12-28-2012 at 09:09 AM.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:00 PM   #632
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I intended to keep stair climbing once I got home. But (cough cough)..... I was sick (cough, cough)........ and I just (cough, cough)....... didn't think it was a good idea (cough, cough). I'm thinking I need more time (cough, cough)........ maybe another month?

I am so stealing that reasoning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I brought the point and shoot because they do bag checks and don't allow SLR's. I double checked and even aske a friend who goes to this arena ALL the time. But we went in through a different way this time and there was NO bag check. I could've smuggled it in. I was so mad. But last time I brought one to a Disney thing I was made to go and put it back in my car.
I brought my DSLR to a Reba concert last year and I was told I couldn't bring it in, but once in our seats lots of people had them!

Quote:
I think it did. He was tired and in pain, but he seemed fairly cheerful.
But then yesterday his buddy told him that I had someone post on my facebook page that Skip needed to make more money so I could go to Disney more often. Well that was a lie. no one posted that on my page yesterday, nor ever that I remember and I even went back through the whole month of Dec and could not find such a post. I swear he was believing his friend over me and that ticked me off. I told him I can't find it, so if it was posted, it was a long time ago. And if someone posted it, it was probably a joke, and it had nothing to do with me. I can't help what others post. At first he was kind of being a jerk about it, but then he got better and I got madder. LOL
He did ask why his friend would lie, and I told him because he lies all the time and he likes to cause trouble. He was probably trying to be funny with Skip and the perk was that Skip would be mad at me. You know how dumb guys are when they are together.
Sorry Skip had to aggravate his hip because of a drunk employee. I would have been mad to now he was going to be in pain and be grumpy. And his buddy needs a kick in the pants! Just what you don't need. Guys can be so dumb.

I LOVE your ghost shots!! I also would have loved to be a fly on the wall watching you do that.
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #633
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I love your photos of Helmsman Mickey. They have come out wonderful.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:06 PM   #634
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Did you kick EVERYONE off the boat!?!? How did you manage to not see ANYONE at all??? Love the pictures though! It really gives me a great sense of the ship- I keep thinking more and more about a Spring 2014 Cruise…… Your reports lately aren't really helping!

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:19 PM   #635
MEK
DIS Veteran

Note to self - definitely get up at the crack of dawn and go out and take tons of pictures before anyone else breaks the solitude.

Nice work Jen! Pictures sometimes are SO much better when there's no one around to photobomb them.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:44 AM   #636
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I am so stealing that reasoning!

I brought my DSLR to a Reba concert last year and I was told I couldn't bring it in, but once in our seats lots of people had them!

Sorry Skip had to aggravate his hip because of a drunk employee. I would have been mad to now he was going to be in pain and be grumpy. And his buddy needs a kick in the pants! Just what you don't need. Guys can be so dumb.

I LOVE your ghost shots!! I also would have loved to be a fly on the wall watching you do that.
Skip said he finally talked to him yesterday and the guy said a few firends came over the night before and he remembers nothing. This guy is usually good and on time, etc, but Skip and his brother have no patience at all. Their whole life is cows and think others should think that way too. But I think things have settled down now.

LOL. I am pretty sure no one saw me. I probably looked stupid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I love your photos of Helmsman Mickey. They have come out wonderful.

Corinna
Thanks. He's hard to photograph and get him to look just right and not so dark.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:46 AM   #637
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Did you kick EVERYONE off the boat!?!? How did you manage to not see ANYONE at all??? Love the pictures though! It really gives me a great sense of the ship- I keep thinking more and more about a Spring 2014 Cruise…… Your reports lately aren't really helping!
Well I actually chartered it al lto myself.
I really love cruising. It's peaceful and lots of fun too. You can do as much or as little as you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Note to self - definitely get up at the crack of dawn and go out and take tons of pictures before anyone else breaks the solitude.

Nice work Jen! Pictures sometimes are SO much better when there's no one around to photobomb them.
Yes, getting up early is great. Hardly anyone else seems to ever do it.
I did see a few cast members and a few other early risers, but really not too many at all.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:06 PM   #638
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

all your pics are so cool. I need to win the lotto so I can go on a cruise as well lol
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:32 AM   #639
Beth D
DIS Veteran

Love the AM pics! I did that a couple times too. I got a double rainbow too, over St. Maarten. We were a couple miles away yet, and a short rain shower was between the island and us. I think I took about 50 pics! (although I'm sure it's a fraction of your #).

Go back and try for the boots again. They usually have a great after XMAS sale where everything is 50% off.

Going over to your other TR now to get started...
Old 12-30-2012, 07:50 AM   #640
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
all your pics are so cool. I need to win the lotto so I can go on a cruise as well lol
Thanks. I need to win the lottery too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
Love the AM pics! I did that a couple times too. I got a double rainbow too, over St. Maarten. We were a couple miles away yet, and a short rain shower was between the island and us. I think I took about 50 pics! (although I'm sure it's a fraction of your #).

Go back and try for the boots again. They usually have a great after XMAS sale where everything is 50% off.

Going over to your other TR now to get started...
I was excited to see a rainbow. It was so neat.

I should go back and look and see if they are on sale. I really want a pair. I tried some on at kohls yesterday and they just are not made for big calves at all.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:51 AM   #641
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Moving on in the Vista Spa, I went in search of the rainforest room so I could try for some more shots there.

I liked the way this next one came out.

I went back out on deck and there were more signs of life now.

The guys are always busy working somewhere.

I stopped off and got a banana.

A look at the ice-cream machines.

I made my way down to deck 4 and glanced over the side.

I wanted to go into Shutters and look at our pictures. This actually confused me for a few days. And Lisa too, but we finally figured it out. When Shutters was open, the pictures were displayed, but when it was closed, it had covers over the racks that had Disney pictures from around the world. For some odd reason, it took me forever to figure out I was in the same place. LOL

So I headed in towards Shutters and I got a little Magical Pixie Dust. Look who I saw! And he posed for me.

And then he motioned to his handler that he wanted a picture with me too. GREAT!

I was ALL smiles then! How cool to just run into Mickey like that!

I wandered around Shutters but no pictures were out to look at. Like I said, I was very confused and I think this is the day it struck me that they cover them up when they are not officially open. So I took a couple pictures of the covers.

They have some display pictures on the shelves as well. And who do I see? Well this is my friend Jeannes girls.

They sail a LOT! I mean like. A LOT!!!!!!! I think Jeanne has been on more than 40 Disney cruises. I think 6 or 7 Disney this year alone and also she has sailed on Princess this year twice if I remember right.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:44 AM   #642
dolphingirl47

How lucky to run into Mickey like this. I must have walked past this display hundreds of time, but never realized that this was Chloe until I saw your photo.

Corinna
Old 12-30-2012, 11:06 AM   #643
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

for being in the right place at the right time and running into Mickey! No wonder he wanted his picture taken with you ... he likes cute girls.

Love all the spa photos. So I guess that area is open during the early morning. We have never been there, so need to check it out!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:10 PM   #644
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
How lucky to run into Mickey like this. I must have walked past this display hundreds of time, but never realized that this was Chloe until I saw your photo.

Corinna
You know Jeanne too? Cool! I want to be her when I grow up!
The other girl is one of her other daughters too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
for being in the right place at the right time and running into Mickey! No wonder he wanted his picture taken with you ... he likes cute girls.

Love all the spa photos. So I guess that area is open during the early morning. We have never been there, so need to check it out!
It was totally empty up there except a few workers here and there and they totally ignored me and let me wander.
I was so excited to run into Mickey, especially since we didn't do character meets this trip. And I have another magical moment coming up in the next post.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:14 PM   #645
dolphingirl47

Quote:
You know Jeanne too? Cool! I want to be her when I grow up!
The other girl is one of her other daughters too.
I think we have been on the same cruise 5 times now. Chloe and some of her older sisters did the jewellery workshop that I hosted on the 2010 Westbound Transatlantic cruise.

Corinna

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: