Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 05:43 PM   #1
dumbolove
Mouseketeer

Reservation Time Question...

Hello everyone! I have reservations at the Coral Reef at 4:25. However, I am planning a surprise for DBF (Pirates and Pals Cruise). We have to be at the contemporary by 7:30. I also made reservations for the Coral Reef at 3:05 because I didn't know which route would be better to go with. Does anyone know how long the dining experience takes at the Coral Reef and how long it will take from Epcot to the Contemporary? I would like to go back to the hotel before or after dinner to get changed from park clothes
dumbolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:43 PM   #2
owl0306
Mouseketeer

if i was you i would book a ressie at california grill at the contemporary. better food and then you are already at the resort you need to be at for the pirates cruise.
owl0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2012, 06:55 PM   #3
sbobbio
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Coral Reef used to be good but hasn't been for the last 5 years I agree with previous post about going to California Grill or Polynesian hotel has Ohana's which is more casual but good food and great atmosphere. Then you would be a short monorail ride to the Contempo
sbobbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:10 PM   #4
Peter Fan
Peter Fan

We love Coral Reef! I would say it takes about an hour at CR. And I would give yourself a good hour to get from epcot to contemporary if taking monorail.
Peter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:40 PM   #5
amypetecar
DIS Veteran

3 hours total sounds about right.

1 1/2 to 2 hours for the meal
1/2 hour to meander out of epcot
1 hour for the monorail (the resort monorail stops at the contemporary last after transferring at TTC)

So 4:30 could work but doesnt leave extra time at the hotel. On the plus side, it gives you more time in EPCOT before wrapping up your touring at coral reef.

Just a personal note, even after reading several mediocre reviews about coral reef, we chose to eat there anyway solely to look at the fish while we ate. Well it turned out to be the sleeper hit for dining of our trip! Great food, loved the appetizer for 2, and for lunch was still reasonably priced for disney.

I hope you enjoy it!
amypetecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:38 PM   #6
FiggieFan
DIS Veteran

What time of year are you going and what resort are you staying at? I would say the 4:30 would be fine with the exception of wanting to go back and change from your park clothes before or after dinner. That would have me worried if you have to take a bus to your resort and then back out again. If you are staying at the Contemporary, I don't think it would be an issue.

FiggieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:15 PM   #7
dumbolove
Mouseketeer

I leave next Thursday! I wish I would have thought it out and changed reservations when I booked it. Now they are all filled or real late. I do get to eat at the California grill one night! I am bummed to here about the coral reef! Last time I was there was in 09' and I loved it (twice that year)! Hoping they don't let me down! Has anyone does this pirate firework cruise?
dumbolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:06 PM   #8
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbolove View Post
I leave next Thursday! I wish I would have thought it out and changed reservations when I booked it. Now they are all filled or real late. I do get to eat at the California grill one night! I am bummed to here about the coral reef! Last time I was there was in 09' and I loved it (twice that year)! Hoping they don't let me down! Has anyone does this pirate firework cruise?
CR is a favorite of ours! Food is good and love the aquarium. DH had the steak and I had the braised ribs in Nov and we both liked our meals! I don't think dinner would be more than an hour or so. They want you in and out so the next guest can be seated. But I would let them know you want the check when they serve dessert. The problem we have at CR is we cant get the check. For some reason the server dissapears.
Give yourself another hour to go back to your room and then an hour to get to Contemporary. If you don't go back to resort 4:25 will be fine even if you you are seated a little after your ADR. But take the earlier time if you need to go to your room first. ENJOY! Never done the cruise. Sounds like fun!!
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: