Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 08:23 PM   #1
PrettyPrincessJen
AKA "MomBomb"

Dinner and Brunch, Palo and Remy

We need help! We are sailing on the Fantasy in May and are interested in doing a dinner and a brunch at either Palo and/or Remy. I need to know what day/night would be best to do these on, and should we do the brunch at Remy and the dinner at Palo or vice versa?
PrettyPrincessJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:22 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyPrincessJen View Post
We need help! We are sailing on the Fantasy in May and are interested in doing a dinner and a brunch at either Palo and/or Remy. I need to know what day/night would be best to do these on, and should we do the brunch at Remy and the dinner at Palo or vice versa?
If I had the chance, I'd do Palo brunch on every cruise. I prefer it to Palo dinner. We've not had the opportunity to do Remy, but I doubt that we ever will. The price is just too much of a deal breaker for us.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2012, 10:14 PM   #3
eemaxx
Mouseketeer

My DH and I have reservations for dinner at Remy on our upcoming 7 nt Fantasy cruise. I chose dinner on the 5th night since it will be a day at sea and most likely a semi formal/ formal night. I figured we'd be getting dressed up anyway! We've never done Palo or Remy so this will be new for us this time. We chose a 6:30 dinner, figuring we could take the kids to Cabanas around 5:00 for their dinner (and our appetizer) and then take them to the kids' club. Hoping it will work out okay.
eemaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:18 PM   #4
geffric
DH thinks I'm funny -- but I tell him it's like a hobby!
I found myself checking for new posting while I am at work, at home, doing homework
I have LOTS of really nice Disney loving friends

[QUOTE=PrincessShmoo;47016323]If I had the chance, I'd do Palo brunch on every cruise. I prefer it to Palo dinner. We've not had the opportunity to do Remy, but I doubt that we ever will. The price is just too much of a deal breaker for us.

[/QUOTe)

I love Palo brunch too..have done it many, many times..

I have always wanted to do Remy dinner..sounds wonderful.

geffric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:15 PM   #5
Ariel224
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eemaxx
My DH and I have reservations for dinner at Remy on our upcoming 7 nt Fantasy cruise. I chose dinner on the 5th night since it will be a day at sea and most likely a semi formal/ formal night. I figured we'd be getting dressed up anyway! We've never done Palo or Remy so this will be new for us this time. We chose a 6:30 dinner, figuring we could take the kids to Cabanas around 5:00 for their dinner (and our appetizer) and then take them to the kids' club. Hoping it will work out okay.
I don't think your plan will work. Cabanas is table service for dinner. On our cruise last month, they didn't start until 6:30. Assuming a similar schedule, your options for the kids will be something from the pool deck counter service, or room service.

When we went to dinner at Palo, the kids ate room service while DH and I got ready for our date. It actually worked out quite well.

Disneyland November 2-5, 2009; November 11-21, 2010; November 7-11, 2011
Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean November 10-17, 2012
Ariel224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:22 PM   #6
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

I would do brunch at Palo, then pull out all the stops for dinner at Remy. It's not something we'd do every cruise, but Remy was a fun experience.

Palo is offered freebie to platinum cruisers (one meal per cruise) -- we're looking forward to that perk, and they'd best better not discontinue it!
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:08 PM   #7
PrettyPrincessJen
AKA "MomBomb"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb in AZ View Post
I would do brunch at Palo, then pull out all the stops for dinner at Remy. It's not something we'd do every cruise, but Remy was a fun experience.

Palo is offered freebie to platinum cruisers (one meal per cruise) -- we're looking forward to that perk, and they'd best better not discontinue it!
Did you do the wine package with the dinner? About how long was the dinner? Also what is the charge for brunch at Palo?
Old 02-07-2013, 12:11 PM   #8
MakiraMarlena
It's a big black fish to you

$20 for brunch at Palo.
MakiraMarlena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:33 PM   #9
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyPrincessJen View Post
Did you do the wine package with the dinner? Nope. We don't drink anything stronger than Dr. Pepper. About how long was the dinner? Remy took two-and-a-half hours, but we didn't linger over coffee. Also what is the charge for brunch at Palo?
Have a fun cruise!
Old 02-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #10
ratt1345
Always wishing I was Disney cruisin'!!!

From what I have heard and seen, Remy is a very long dinner. I may have the time wrong, but I believe if you start at 6:30pm you won't be done until 9:30pm or possibly later.

Both restaurants are offered on at sea days, keep that in mind.
ratt1345 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #11
sambycat
DIS Veteran

Do NOT have an appetizer before going to Remy! It's hard enough to finish it all as it is!!!!!

sambycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:40 PM   #12
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratt1345 View Post
From what I have heard and seen, Remy is a very long dinner. I may have the time wrong, but I believe if you start at 6:30pm you won't be done until 9:30pm or possibly later.

Both restaurants are offered on at sea days, keep that in mind.
Our Remy dinner started at 6 p.m. and we finished at 8:30 p.m. But other people linger longer.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:14 PM   #13
mlm228
Earning My Ears

Is it hard to get a reservation at Remy? I was wondering if I had to make it the day that we can start making reservations, or if I have a little time.

Also, are there two seatings? Or is it staggered time all night?

Thank you in advance.
mlm228 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: