Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2012, 04:20 PM   #1
toonaspie
Just a poser

Toonaspie's Florida Surprise May 2013 planning thread

I'm a long time member but I didn't know where the best place to put this thread in between this and the new member thread. The trip involves two platonic adults who don't really drink or do adult stuff and whatnot but oh well...

Anyway, I decided on a whim, that I would surprise my longtime friend with a graduation gift...a trip back to Florida. I was in the College Program in 2007 and he came down to visit twice. The second time he came was shortly after his dad passed away so it was a pretty meaningful experience for him.

Well we always wanted to go back since then but money has always been an issue. I do have a paying job now and while it doesn't pay much, I decided it's not worth waiting around for a lottery win or anything . My friend is due to complete grad school and get his Doctorate in May. He's been stuck at the same university for near 9 years and he's probably tired of it already. So I thought it would be a great gift to not only go to WDW but to Universal as well (he's never been there and I only went there once back in 1998 with little memory of it).

As far as money is concerned: so far I have an estimate $4000 in the bank. I make about an average $450 every two weeks at my job if I work the full 40 hr a week shift. I'm gonna haveta scrimp and save like crazy. It's hard to considering that I spend alot on eating out but my goal is for the two of us to have a nice week long vacation with little money concerns and still have money in the bank when we get back.

I already have a few ideas as far as hotel plans and food plans but I will update this thread as planning progresses. This will be the master planning thread. I welcome all recommendations...particularly dining wise since I will have to make reservations in advance. The hardest part will be planning the hotel dates since it will be hard to do so and still surprise him.

Anyway, wish me luck.
toonaspie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:24 PM   #2
pixie08
DIS Veteran

I think you may want to put this here:

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=144

It's the planning forum so you can share with people w back and forth. What you are doing sounds amazing. Very nice of you. Can't wait to see your plans..Good luck!

pixie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:00 PM   #3
toonaspie
Just a poser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie08 View Post
I think you may want to put this here:

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=144

It's the planning forum so you can share with people w back and forth. What you are doing sounds amazing. Very nice of you. Can't wait to see your plans..Good luck!
Sorry. I was looking everywhere for a planning forum and did not think to look under Trip Reports.
toonaspie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: