Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 10:30 AM   #1
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Wink Undecided? Let the Dog pick it!! Here's how....

There are so many things to decide when planing a Disney Vacation. People agonize over important, life changing decisions like which resort is best for me or should we take the kids to Victoria and Albert's?

I should know. I USED to be that Dis'er!

Instead of typing up posts asking others to do the thinking for us, my family has come up with an innovative and fail proof system. We ask the dog. Yes, that's right. We ask the dog to decide. Here's how.

First we put all the choices on post it notes, with the sticky side facing up. Since the dog can't read (still!!) we know he won't be biased and pick the one that he likes (ASMO, 101 Dalmatians section is a favorite!).

We distribute the post it notes on the floor and we unleash the hound. The first one he touches with his nose wins. Bonus points are awarded if the post it note sticks to his nose!

Much howling ensues as cries of "The Dog Cheated!!" emanate from the jilted losers but we all know the truth. This contest was fair and square and that liverwurst Mom rubbed all over her post it note choice in no way influenced the dog.

So the next time you find yourself on the fence with a resort location or a restaurant choice think of using the "Dog Method". It saves a lot of thinking on your part and you can always blame the dog if the decision doesn't work out.

In my house the dog frequently decides important matters like who gets the biggest slice of an unevenly sliced pizza and who gets to ride shotgun with Mom on a road trip. Countless wars and international skirmishes have been avoided using the "Dog Method". Try it for your WDW vacation decisions today!
Old 12-28-2012, 11:10 AM   #2
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
There are so many things to decide when planing a Disney Vacation. People agonize over important, life changing decisions like which resort is best for me or should we take the kids to Victoria and Albert's?

I should know. I USED to be that Dis'er!

Instead of typing up posts asking others to do the thinking for us, my family has come up with an innovative and fail proof system. We ask the dog. Yes, that's right. We ask the dog to decide. Here's how.

First we put all the choices on post it notes, with the sticky side facing up. Since the dog can't read (still!!) we know he won't be biased and pick the one that he likes (ASMO, 101 Dalmatians section is a favorite!).

We distribute the post it notes on the floor and we unleash the hound. The first one he touches with his nose wins. Bonus points are awarded if the post it note sticks to his nose!

Much howling ensues as cries of "The Dog Cheated!!" emanate from the jilted losers but we all know the truth. This contest was fair and square and that liverwurst Mom rubbed all over her post it note choice in no way influenced the dog.

So the next time you find yourself on the fence with a resort location or a restaurant choice think of using the "Dog Method". It saves a lot of thinking on your part and you can always blame the dog if the decision doesn't work out.

In my house the dog frequently decides important matters like who gets the biggest slice of an unevenly sliced pizza and who gets to ride shotgun with Mom on a road trip. Countless wars and international skirmishes have been avoided using the "Dog Method". Try it for your WDW vacation decisions today!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2012, 11:29 AM   #3
NJRRK
DIS Veteran

I love this!

Lol

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
NJRRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:33 AM   #4
The Wise One
Mouseketeer

This totally sounds like something we would do.
1st WDW Trip: November 2009 - Coronado Springs
2nd: December 2011 - All Star Movies
3rd: January 6th, 2013- Pop Century Resort
First DCL: May 25th, 2013- FANTASY!
4th: June 2013 - Art of Animation
5th: November 2013 - Coronado Springs
The Wise One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:41 PM   #5
njmom47
He's such a fiend!
The monkeys would go crazy on the cars
I wound up with orange tiger stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Me too!

Junior Brody Stella Luna Ella the Bunny
Christmas 07/New Years 08-CBR (baseball), 2006-POR (cheering), 2001-Dixie Landings, 1988, 1975-Offsite
Trip was great...no new ticker for awhile!
My new avatar is one of my tags
njmom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:09 PM   #6
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Poor Dog! I bet a liberal amount of liverwurst was spread on BC sticky note.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 Poly
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:29 PM   #7
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

everyone has their own way.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:07 PM   #8
AuroraRora
Princess

I bet the dog has been blamed for all sorts of poor choices over the years. One day you'll set him loose and he'll be like "no way, I don't wanna get involved in this anymore!"
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: