Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 10:46 AM   #1
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Split stay with promotions

Hi everyone. I am hoping to do a split stay on our next Disney trip. I have been wanting to do this for a while, but now that the kids are older and more self sufficient, I think it's time! I would like to book the poly for four nights and the BCV for 5 nights. I originally thought I would need to do room only bookings and purchase 10 day tickets separately. However, after doing some research on here, I see that people book these stays by loading up the tickets on the first ressie and then booking room only for the second. So my questions are:

Is this do-able? We will have our tix on our KTTWC. Am I correct in assuming they will transfer them to our BCV keys? I have read some people just hang on to the first card for tix and use the second for room and charging. I never minded that with APs but being that the room keys all look the same I could see this one getting to be very confusing.

Also, at the moment there are no promotions for August. I was hoping either free dining or SPD will become available. If an offer does come up, am I correct in assuming I will be able to change the first ressie to take advantage of a discount but that it will not carry over to the second room only ressie? And if I were to add dining, would I only be able to add and access those credits until midnight of the date of my first checkout? I suppose if there were leftover credits we'd just convert them to snacks and store them in our villa, but is there a way to add dining to a room only as well? I think I did it one year when we had APs, but I'm not sure how much money I saved...probably just more for the convenience factor.

Am I missing anything? I would like to book asap, not so much for the poly but to secure a two bedroom at BCV. Thanks for your help!

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:24 PM   #2
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3gr8boys View Post
Hi everyone. I am hoping to do a split stay on our next Disney trip. I have been wanting to do this for a while, but now that the kids are older and more self sufficient, I think it's time! I would like to book the poly for four nights and the BCV for 5 nights. I originally thought I would need to do room only bookings and purchase 10 day tickets separately. However, after doing some research on here, I see that people book these stays by loading up the tickets on the first ressie and then booking room only for the second. So my questions are:

Is this do-able? We will have our tix on our KTTWC. Am I correct in assuming they will transfer them to our BCV keys? I have read some people just hang on to the first card for tix and use the second for room and charging. I never minded that with APs but being that the room keys all look the same I could see this one getting to be very confusing.
The concierge at BCV should be able to do this for you. There is always a chance, however, that it won't work and you'll be stuck with two keys. Just use a marker to put a note on the old key to remind you which has the tickets.

Quote:
Also, at the moment there are no promotions for August. I was hoping either free dining or SPD will become available. If an offer does come up, am I correct in assuming I will be able to change the first ressie to take advantage of a discount but that it will not carry over to the second room only ressie? And if I were to add dining, would I only be able to add and access those credits until midnight of the date of my first checkout? I suppose if there were leftover credits we'd just convert them to snacks and store them in our villa, but is there a way to add dining to a room only as well? I think I did it one year when we had APs, but I'm not sure how much money I saved...probably just more for the convenience factor.
You are correct. You cannot add dining to a room-only reservation unless, as you previously noted, you have an AP. (Even with the AP, though, you would have to buy at least 2-day tickets to take advantage of free dining or SPD; the AP ticketless package must be booked either with rack rate or an AP discount.)

And you are also correct that the dining credits on the first reservation would expire at midnight on the date you checked out of your first resort.

Quote:
Am I missing anything? I would like to book asap, not so much for the poly but to secure a two bedroom at BCV. Thanks for your help!
The other option, should another dining promotion come out and you wish to have dining throughout the entire stay, is to buy the required tickets to get dining for BCV (most likely a 2 day base) and simply not use them. Tickets don't expire until used, so you can save them for your next trip.

snykymom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2012, 12:46 PM   #3
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=snykymom;47012223] Just use a marker to put a note on the old key to remind you which has the tickets.

Great idea! So simple and I never would have thought of it

Thanks for the feedback...I'm off to book this trip!!

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:41 PM   #4
Sue M
DIS Veteran

As mentioned, to get DDP for 2nd resort, you'd have to include park tickets on the pkg, either 1 or 2 day depending on promo. We have APs and had to add 1 day tickets for the S,P &D promo.

If you decide to do that getting 1 day tickets, this will only work for a future trip with room only res. you can update your 1 day ticket when you get to the parks and add days. Or put it towards your AP which is what we will do.

But if you are doing a package next trip too, you're still stuck with that ticket. They don't make it easy to do split stays.

We only did the SP&D because POFQ was excluded from room only or AP discount. And we have our hearts set on trying FQ this trip
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: