Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2012, 12:45 PM   #1
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Finally got my own way - TR - 9.10.12

Tuesday 9th October

Okay, so in hindsight, going to bed at 8.30pm was not our brightest idea! We were both awake at about 2am! Eventually, we fell back asleep and I woke again at 6am. We got ready to leave just before 8am and jumped in the car to Magic Kingdom!

We got to the car park and walked to the Ticket and Transportation Centre to get the boat across. I have to apologise now for the state of my hair  it didnt like the weather!

It looks pretty grim, but this was probably the worst weather we had the whole holiday! It was just very muggy as there had been a storm the day before. It did clear up in the afternoon though.

We walked straight through the turnstiles as we had a reservation and were on Main Street at 830! As soon as we started our leisurely stroll, a Cast Member summoned us and asked if we wanted a ride down to the castle on the buggy! And of course, we accepted! There are no photos of this because I was videoing... but for the record, it was amazing! So much fun and the guy was hilarious!

It was time for our first meal of the holiday...

We queued up to meet Cinderella who told me that I had done a brilliant job of fastening my shoes, which was just as well because I was likely to lose them otherwise!

Breakfast time  I ordered stuffed French toast and Tom ordered the full breakfast, but once they had arrived, we decided to swap! And then we decided to share! Both meals were super yummy, yet very filling!

I was a bit nervous about meeting the Princesses  they were all really lovely with us, but didnt hang around. I do wonder whether it was do with the fact we were 2 adults surrounded by tiny Princesses. It didnt bother me though... I WAS IN CINDERELLAS CASTLE!!

More pictures!

Eventually, it was time to leave. What a brilliant start to the holiday! We got Fastpasses for Peter Pan, with a surprise Fastpass for Mickeys PhilharMagic 3D, and then walked straight onto our first ride of the trip...

Continued...

2013's Big Celebration Christmas Trip 'Finally got my own way!'...October 2012 TR Playing 'I Spy' in Disney... December 2010 TR Our Youtube Channel

DLRP August 2004 DLRP June 2008

WDW October 2000 WDW April 2003 WDW December 2006 WDW December 2010 WDW CSR October 2012 WDW December 2013
Tinkerbell1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:19 PM   #2
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Both were very Disney and great fun! Before our Fastpasses were usable, we went on The Haunted Mansion, with a quick tour of the graveyard! We hadnt done this before, but it was amazing fun!

Our Fastpasses were ready to use, so we jumped into our boat. I dont get this ride! Its obviously a hit for the younger ones and very magical, but the wait time did not go below 40 minutes for the whole time we were there. For the length of the ride, I would be disappointed if I had waited the full 40 minutes!

Time for some tea!

We then discovered the new Storybook Circus, which looks like great fun! Our first ride here was the Great Goofini (previously Barnstormer). Its very short! Tom was getting a bit hot, so he walked through Casey Jrs Splash Playground to cool down, before going to meet the Great Goofini himself, and Donaldo! They were so much fun!

We left Storybook Circus, and wandered round to Tomorrowland. Buzz Lightyear had quite a queue, so we grabbed a couple of Fastpasses before jumping in the queue for Monsters Inc Laugh Floor.

This show always makes me laugh, especially because everyone is always such good sports for joining in and playing along!

Time to cool down and just chill out! We used a snack credit to get a Diet Coke float each, which were very refreshing, and it was nice to just sit and people watch before our next ride.

Continued...

2013's Big Celebration Christmas Trip 'Finally got my own way!'...October 2012 TR Playing 'I Spy' in Disney... December 2010 TR Our Youtube Channel

WDW October 2000 WDW April 2003 WDW December 2006 WDW December 2010 WDW CSR October 2012 WDW December 2013

Last edited by Tinkerbell1989; 11-04-2012 at 01:24 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2012, 02:19 PM   #3
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

I am rubbish at Buzz... but SOOO competitive! Tom won though by a long way! We followed some serious pin collectors (wow!) before going on the Carousel of Progress – I’d never done this before so I thought it was about time. Considering this was one of Walt Disney’s own rides, which went to the State Fair, it was still really impressive!

We started to head out at about 3pm, but we all know what that means... Parade time! It would have been rude to leave, so we stood and watched and celebrated!

This fab four kept us entertained until the parade started!

I won’t bore you with the hundreds of parade photos, partly because we also have video to go with it!
We started to stroll towards the exit, when we noticed Town Square only had a 5 minute wait to meet the main mouse himself, so off we went! These photos are on the Photopass CD, which has yet to come through!
We went back to the hotel and chilled out at the Dig Site whilst deciding the plan for the night ahead.

We eventually decided to bus to Magic Kingdom, and then boat to the Polynesian to have dinner and watch Wishes on the beach. The Polynesian is BEAUTIFUL! It is absolutely my dream resort... I will stay there one day!!

We used 2 counter-service credits for dinner from Captain Cooks. Tom had the pulled pork sandwich and fries, and I had the Hawaiian flatbread, which was super yummy! Not too heavy, but still filling, which was just what I was after.

We found some loungers on the beach as the Electrical Pageant sailed by... I was a little sad, as I thought I’d missed it, as I’ve never seen it before. But, I was on a beach in Disney, ready to watch Wishes!

As always, Wishes was amazing and beautiful... and I was surprised to see the water pageant during the fireworks, which was really cute! We took a slow walk through the Polynesian hotel to the monorail station, went back to Magic Kingdom and waited barely 5 minutes for a bus back to Coronado Springs.

What a day! What a start to the holiday!

Next... Epcot!

Old 11-06-2012, 12:28 PM   #4
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

I hear you with the hair issues, lol mine didn't like the weather either

Breakfast at Cindys looks delish! Love all the photos you took

The pin collectors... wow, just wow. Thats a lot of pins!

Awesome update, can't wait to read about Epcot xxx
Old 11-06-2012, 02:34 PM   #5
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_ariel_85
I hear you with the hair issues, lol mine didn't like the weather either

Breakfast at Cindys looks delish! Love all the photos you took

The pin collectors... wow, just wow. Thats a lot of pins!

Awesome update, can't wait to read about Epcot xxx
It started off crazy, but eventually I managed to tame it. It now doesn't like English weather haha!

Breakfast at CRT was perfect... I wouldn't hesitate to go back, even though its very expensive!

On our 2003 trip, my family each bought a pin every day, but never to that extent!! I was amazed!!

Xx

Old 11-07-2012, 06:33 AM   #6
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Watching Wishes from the Poly is very magical.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:53 PM   #7
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly
Watching Wishes from the Poly is very magical.
It was really relaxing... rather than being pushed and shoved on Main Street! Being on a beach, in Disney, watching fireworks... bliss! Xx

Old 11-08-2012, 01:43 PM   #8
tinks_1989
need a like button

Great update Hun all WDW holidays should start at MK and with CRT breakfast wow that's a perfect day.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:17 PM   #9
Nubbedy
I was born without a 'Hidden-Mickey-spotting' gene
ºoº

Watching the fireworks from the beach looks lovely, and something that's just gone on to my 'must do' list.

Sara My Disbuddy is kristieuk
Disney World - July 2006 (ASMo), Aug 2007 (ASMo), Apr 2008 (Pop), Aug 2009 (POFQ), Aug 2010 (POFQ), Oct 2011 (POFQ) Aug 2012 (POFQ)
Disneyland Paris - Jan 2007 (NY), Oct 2008 (Ch), Feb 2010 (Ch), Feb 2011 (Ch), Aug 2011 (SL)
Feb 2012 (Ch) Dec 2012 (Ch) Feb 2013 (Ch)
Nubbedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:55 PM   #10
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989
Great update Hun all WDW holidays should start at MK and with CRT breakfast wow that's a perfect day.
I would without question start the holiday with CRT again! I inow it gets bad reviews because of price, but i found it magical! X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubbedy
Watching the fireworks from the beach looks lovely, and something that's just gone on to my 'must do' list.
Oh definately! Xx

Old 01-23-2013, 01:51 AM   #11
DisDTC
Earning My Ears

great pix of all the rides n attractions - thanx
DisDTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:25 AM   #12
jockey
Repeat after me....I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's!!!!!!

Fab report..I love all your pics!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: