Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 02:17 AM   #151
mstee777
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd Macs Mom
Thanks, Kathy! Thanks, Courtney!

Hey everyone - I need to get last names if you don't mind. One of the things that I am making for the exchange uses your last name. If you don't want to post it here you could pm me..... please and thank you!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Jana
Arceneaux
mstee777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:57 AM   #152
slesco
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstee777

Arceneaux
Lesco
slesco is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2012, 07:57 AM   #153
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Last name

Our last name is Roberts. Don't know if you are doing kids too, but our granddaughters last name is also Roberts. Thanks Sherry
skayrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:53 AM   #154
tgch123
Mouseketeer

what to pack?

Has anyone here sailed this time of year before?? Do I pack summer clothes?? I know we will need warm clothes when we get on and then off the ship in Galvestion, but what about sea days and Cozumel? I looked at weather for cozumel and its from 75 to 83 degrees and water temp will be around 80. I'm at a loss as to what typ of clothes to pack?
DCL Magic Feb 2013
tgch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:13 PM   #155
jenerra11
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgch123 View Post
Has anyone here sailed this time of year before?? Do I pack summer clothes?? I know we will need warm clothes when we get on and then off the ship in Galvestion, but what about sea days and Cozumel? I looked at weather for cozumel and its from 75 to 83 degrees and water temp will be around 80. I'm at a loss as to what typ of clothes to pack?
We will pack spring clothes (cropped cargo pants). We also learned to always pack a light jacket....those theaters can get chilly at night. It's easy to over pack but please don't....I had to force my boys to change outfits.
jenerra11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:50 PM   #156
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Light sweater

I always pack a light sweater or light jacket to wear at dinner. Animators and Parrot Cay (the restaurants at the rear of the ship are always chilly to me.) They are also the places where I feel the most " motion" of the ship. I always wear my "sea bands" in those restaurants. FYI. I bought my sea bands on amazon because they are half the price that they are on the ship. Sherry
Old 12-28-2012, 03:04 PM   #157
tgch123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skayrobe View Post
I always pack a light sweater or light jacket to wear at dinner. Animators and Parrot Cay (the restaurants at the rear of the ship are always chilly to me.) They are also the places where I feel the most " motion" of the ship. I always wear my "sea bands" in those restaurants. FYI. I bought my sea bands on amazon because they are half the price that they are on the ship. Sherry
do you put one band on one wrist and it lasts the whole trip?.. sorry I'm a newbie and I don't know how these things work and I'm so scared I'm going to get sick
DCL Magic Feb 2013
Old 12-28-2012, 03:05 PM   #158
ekatiel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by slesco View Post
We are so excited for this cruise! This will be our first cruise for our entire family! No better way to start than a Disney cruise! All tips and tricks anyone can share would be greatly appreciated! We are sailing with our girls 10, 9 and 2. Thanks in advance!
Hey, I know you . Glad you came to join this group. This is a great source of info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skayrobe View Post
I do know that the pools on deck 9 are kept between 88 and 90 degrees, so that is a great place to play with a toddler. And there always photos with the characters. There are also movies in the Buena Vista theater. sherry
Not sure if y'alls two year olds are potty trained or not, but only potty trained kids are allowed in the pools. There is supposed to be a splash zone near the mickey pool for kids who are not potty trained, though.

Quote:
The suggestions about sweaters are spot on. Another we do is pack mostly t-shirts for during the day and pack a couple of white or black long sleeve t-shirts to wear under them in case it's cold that day. Of course, I have boys and their wardrobes are a lot easier to deal with!!!

I am thinking about getting me and DH a day pass to the Rainforest room one day. Anyone ever been? How is it?

Also, how formal are we supposed to go for the "dress up" night? Ties and Jackets for men? How about for little boys? --Katie
Old 12-28-2012, 03:44 PM   #159
deltapilotwife
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slesco View Post
Anyone else traveling with a nursery age child? I am not sure about booking the nursery for my 2 year old or if there is enough for us to do with her.
DD is 2.5 and potty training is not going well so we booked an hour in the morning and a hour at dinner time. whether she'll stay there is another question. we were just planning on taking it day by day as she loves the pool/splash area. maybe we can arrange for play time together. I think there are others with 3 year olds as well.

deltapilotwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:49 PM   #160
deltapilotwife
Mouseketeer

what to pack

I always seem to over pack, and was planning on light pants with a light jacket. It's easier to layer than have heavy clothes. of course I'll bring shorts also.

we're also planning on brining our pirate outfits. DH and I were pirates for halloween and DD was a parrot.

deltapilotwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:01 PM   #161
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Sea bands

Quote:
do you put one band on one wrist and it lasts the whole trip?.. sorry I'm a newbie and I don't know how these things work and I'm so scared I'm going to get sick
The sea bands come in twos and I wear them pretty much all the time. I never feel queasy just wobbly knees. I think it is all in my brain! Sherry
Old 12-28-2012, 05:39 PM   #162
Smith13
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstee777 View Post
Arceneaux
Smith
Smith13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:08 PM   #163
tgch123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhollis View Post
Hello, my husband, two children and I will be taking our first Disney Cruise. We would like to participate in the Fish Extender exchange. We are in adjoing stateroom with our bestfriend and her son. They would also like to participate. What do I need to do to formally join the group and start planning the fun??
Robin

Robin-mom
Bobby-dad
Bailey-son 9
Jazz-daughter 5

Adjoining stateroom mates-
Rachel-Mom
Rhett-son 8
Robin- will you have 2 fe's hanging or one for both rooms to share?

Thanks!
DCL Magic Feb 2013
Old 12-28-2012, 08:26 PM   #164
Syd Macs Mom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstee777 View Post
Arceneaux
Thank you!
Syd Macs Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:27 PM   #165