Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 09:03 AM   #196
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
YAY for slacking!!! I've been awful, Why does this year just seem so much more crazy busy?

Kadence is jealous again. She wants Angus the horse too. I'm thinking she can wait for Easter...

I could have sworn I put a little Merry Christmas pic on your page! I'm loosing my mind.
I am a huge slacker this time around. I just have had no time to get everything done. And it seems to get easier as the days go by....the slacking part I mean.
Claire sleeps with Angus every night, along with the new AG dolls and her old time favorite "Penelope".

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamestarrdust View Post
I am here, Jen. A little late but can't wait to read all about your family cruise.
YAY! You won't have too much to catch up on. I am going VERY slow on this.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:30 AM   #197
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Some more off topic posts.

On Dec. 20th, My sister (Gail, who went on the cruise with me) and I took our girls to see Disney on Ice, 100 Years of Magic.

We really enjoyed it. It was nice to get another dose of Disney.

On our way. Abby is not so pleasant. My sister got in a car accident about a week before and her van is in for repairs. This is the rental car, which Abby HATES! It does not have a DVD player and she is hilarious about this. She constantly says how she doesn't like this car and it makes her sick. We ask her why she is sick and she just shouts "This car! This car makes me sick!" I guess she is a bit spoiled.

We arrived and Claire wanted popcorn. Holy cow thats pricey. It was $12 for the bucket ...BUT free refills, so that made it better. And we did refill it later and all the girls got to have some. Alexis and Abby went with a snowcone in a special cup.

We were in about the 5th row off the ice, so we had really good seats.

I took a TON of pictures. many came out a complete blurry blobs. I had my point and shoot camera and I am so not used to trying to get that to work right in dark, moving conditions, so these are the best i got.

The Alladin segment was fantastic. They did some really neat jumps and we had toe tapping music.

Mickey and Minnie were so darn cute.

In the Beauty and the best segment They had beast and then he transformed into a prince. I have to say for about the first 5 minutes I swore it was a girl dressed as a guy. But he was so much taller and muscular that it had to be a guy...just very girly looking. And Belle must truely be in love with him, because her facial expressions were so real. She just longingly looked at him as they skated around. It was almost comical.

And then many more Prince and Princesses came out.

Goofy was great!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2012, 10:52 AM   #198
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

More Disney on Ice.

They had a "small World" Segment which was fantastic! Most of my pictures were just blobs though.

And then it was time for an intermission. Gail took the girls to the bathroom and Abby refused to go. I guess she thought she might miss something if she left. So she came and sat next to me, and munched on some popcorn.

When the rest came back, I decided to see about getting a program as a little remembrance. I knew it would be a Disney price, but holy cow! $20!!!! i said, well let me see it and looked through and it was nice, but the guy then said you also got a "rose' (plastic, but Claire was eyeing it) and a little stuffed Squirt, so that made the price more bearable. i got it and Gail bought one for the girls to share.
I browsed through the program and the lady next to me was reading it. LOL! I took my time going through it so she could see it too.

Soon the 2nd half started.

The Incredibles were so funny, especially the Dad.

The Lion King part was fun, but I found it kind of strange that when it started, tons of people started screaming and cheering. I guess I missed something there?

All too soon it was time for the finale.

After the show we made the slow walk up the stairs. I got seperated from the rest of them and met them at the top. By the time I got ther Abby was in meltdown mode. I guess she was mad that Gail wouldn't let her run freely up the steps on her own through all the people. So Gail was holding her and she was flopping all over. We headed to the bathroom and she was crying and telling Gail how she is such a mean Mom. LOL. yeah, she just went to Disney on ice and a little over a month ago was on a Disney cruise and Disney World. Real mean Mom.

Then we made the mistake and Claire bought a snowcone in a cup with the last of her spending money. UGH. Abby was freaking. Now she had one already, but she wanted a new one. She picked up her own cup and whipped it. Then I asked her if she wanted the popcorn bucket and she did, and looked right at me and dropped it. She was in rare form.

We finally made it out to the car and she calmed down a bit. Though then we heard how sick she was in the car.

Gail wouldn't let her eat anything else because she had been filled up with junk. Gail was afraid she would throw up in the car. First think she asked was "BopBop (thats what my nieces call me), You got any snacks in your purse?" LOL. And I didn't, so I honestly could tell her no.

it was suppose to snow a lot that night, and driving home was a bit snowy, but not near as bad as i thought and it did not stick to the ground. (and nothing on the ground the next morning).
We were tired when we got home and Claire had her last day of school the next day, but it was a lot of fun.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #199
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry but Miss Abby is cracking me up with her sayings and fit pitching. (Although I'm sure it wasn't so funny to you guys at the time.) I wish ya'll wouldn't be so mean to her all the time.

Seriously, Disney on Ice looks like a whole lot of fun. We never have anything like that come even close to our hometown. All we ever get is monster trucks, tractor pulls and lawnmower racing. Yep, we live in the Deep South!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:31 AM   #200
Woth2982
DIS Veteran

THe Disney on Ice show looks like it was a lot of fun! I have a feeling I will be pitching an Abby-like fit tonight. I am going to a concert in Connecticut tonight and feel terrible. I am not looking forward to the drive home. Thankfully I am meeting my friends there so they won't have to deal with cranky Katie for longer than the show, and during the show they can easily ignore me lol.
Woth2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:00 PM   #201
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Love all your pics from AKL. The hotel is just stunning.

Looks like you gals had a nice time at Disney on Ice... besides the meltdowns.
that's nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:20 PM   #202
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Your little niece is so funny! And you tell the story so brilliantly, I can actually picture it all happen and

Thanks for all the photos from Disney on Ice - guess your pics will be the closest we will ever get to it.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:30 PM   #203
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!

Love the Disney on Ice updates. . .the meltdown stories were so funny! Been there, done that! We saw that show last Nov, and D loved the Small World part the best! He's not a fan of the ride, but put it on ice and he loved it!
StitchIsOurHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:07 PM   #204
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Poor Abby! Such mean family all around! I remember Sammy having a throw down, screaming fit once at a magic show in a library. I couldn't get outta that place fast enough!

Disney on Ice only comes once a year, and it's always fallen on a weekday, and only in Green Bay (a little over a hour away from us) so we've not gone yet, but I'm liking your pictures and maybe can convince John if it comes around again.
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:10 PM   #205
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I am a huge slacker this time around. I just have had no time to get everything done. And it seems to get easier as the days go by....the slacking part I mean.
Claire sleeps with Angus every night, along with the new AG dolls and her old time favorite "Penelope".

I'm so with you! I keep trying to blame Disney, that I've not been able to catch up since we've gotten back, but I don't think I can go with that anymore.

Kadence's bed looks like a refugee camp for Disney animals!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:59 PM   #206
Dizzy4DL
Dole Whip and a jalapeno pretzel? Don't mind if I do...

Love the Disney on Ice pictures. We won a day trip to see it several years ago and apart from the bus (awful), we had a great time.
Aren't tired kids so much fun on trips like that?

Quote:

It must be an epidemic! My daughter's bed has the same problem...maybe we should start charging rent?

Disney World - Pop Century April '14
Dizzy4DL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:58 PM   #207
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I'm sorry but Miss Abby is cracking me up with her sayings and fit pitching. (Although I'm sure it wasn't so funny to you guys at the time.) I wish ya'll wouldn't be so mean to her all the time.

Seriously, Disney on Ice looks like a whole lot of fun. We never have anything like that come even close to our hometown. All we ever get is monster trucks, tractor pulls and lawnmower racing. Yep, we live in the Deep South!
She is funny and it's more funny because it's not my kid.
She is such the opposite of Alexis who was an angel for the most part growing up. Abby has a mind of her own, thats for sure and it's throwing my sister for a loop.

We get all those fun exciting things too! heck my husband will travel for those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
THe Disney on Ice show looks like it was a lot of fun! I have a feeling I will be pitching an Abby-like fit tonight. I am going to a concert in Connecticut tonight and feel terrible. I am not looking forward to the drive home. Thankfully I am meeting my friends there so they won't have to deal with cranky Katie for longer than the show, and during the show they can easily ignore me lol.
I hope you feel better. Claire woke up coughing, but seems to be better now. I should give her a breathing treatment, but we haven't had much of a spare moment yet today. (I am multitasking right now while waiting on hold on the phone for work.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Love all your pics from AKL. The hotel is just stunning.

Looks like you gals had a nice time at Disney on Ice... besides the meltdowns.
We really had a good time and it was nice we had most of the day just just enjoy it.
Meltdowns are part of the fun ...right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Your little niece is so funny! And you tell the story so brilliantly, I can actually picture it all happen and

Thanks for all the photos from Disney on Ice - guess your pics will be the closest we will ever get to it.
She's so stubborn. She's a little card on the cruise too. There are times where she just throws her body down on the ground for now reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchIsOurHero View Post
Love the Disney on Ice updates. . .the meltdown stories were so funny! Been there, done that! We saw that show last Nov, and D loved the Small World part the best! He's not a fan of the ride, but put it on ice and he loved it!
I am so glad Claire is past the melt downs, well like the ones that little ones have at least.
Small World was really neatly done. I had wide eyes watching.

Quote:
Poor Abby! Such mean family all around! I remember Sammy having a throw down, screaming fit once at a magic show in a library. I couldn't get outta that place fast enough!

Disney on Ice only comes once a year, and it's always fallen on a weekday, and only in Green Bay (a little over a hour away from us) so we've not gone yet, but I'm liking your pictures and maybe can convince John if it comes around again.
We are so mean, aren't we.
It seems to come once a year here too and it's usually about 4 nights/days. I think we went on opening night because our weekend was going to be busy.

Quote:
I'm so with you! I keep trying to blame Disney, that I've not been able to catch up since we've gotten back, but I don't think I can go with that anymore.

WE have animals bagged up upstairs in a closet too. I just get to a point where I say no more, like that will ever happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy4DL View Post
Love the Disney on Ice pictures. We won a day trip to see it several years ago and apart from the bus (awful), we had a great time.
Aren't tired kids so much fun on trips like that?

It must be an epidemic! My daughter's bed has the same problem...maybe we should start charging rent?
It's a fun thing to do. It's in Downtown Toledo, which isn't too hard to get to. But parking isn't always fun. We passed my old work place. Before I left, we had moved to a bigger building and it was for sale forever. It was a warehouse that had autoparts. It's now a restaurant. That was weird to see. I would love to go in and see what it looks like in there now.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:53 AM   #208
Reiana
Earning My Ears

I wish Disney on Ice would be coming back to Munich. They miss us out every single time they are on tour. Last time they came to was about 20 years ago. *sigh
The only performances are in Hamburg, Berlin, Oberhausen. Miles away from home.
Maybe I shlould plan a litte vacation
DLRP Aug. 96 Sequoia Lodge DLRP New Year 96/97 Cheyenne WDW Aug./Sept 97 All Star Sports DLRP New Year 97/98 Sequoia Lodge DLRP June 2001 New Port Bay DLRP June 2002 New Port Bay DLRP June 2003 New Port Bay DLRP Sept 2007 Sequoia Lodge DLRP Jan 2008 Disneyland Hotel DLRP Nov 2008 Sequoia Lodge DLRP June 2009 Santa Fe DLRP Nov 2009 Sequoia Lodge DLRP Sept 2010 Santa Fe DLRP June 2011 New York Santa Fe Nov 2011DLRPJune 2012
Reiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:20 AM   #209
Beth D
DIS Veteran

All caught up now, and you're still on day one of the actual vacation!

Yummo cheesecake! I have an aunt who goes there, and then goes home and re-creates them. Love parties at her house! I'm glad CMH wasn't bad again! We're heading there in March for our annual FL trip, and hope for a short line. No super early flight time this time, so if the weather's good, we will drive down day of.

Love the bus driver's name, DH and I would've been cracking jokes too!

I would probably be in the likes on the zebra domes, as anything chocolate mousse is my fave!

Have you seen that Lion Kingmusical is in Detroit soon? Any thoughts on taking Claire? We took DS up to Toronto 2 years ago, and it was FAB! We thought about trying it again, but found out it will be in Cleveland in the spring-summer, and would rather make a 1 hour drive than 2, and in better weather.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:09 AM   #210
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiana View Post
I wish Disney on Ice would be coming back to Munich. They miss us out every single time they are on tour. Last time they came to was about 20 years ago. *sigh
The only performances are in Hamburg, Berlin, Oberhausen. Miles away from home.
Maybe I shlould plan a litte vacation
I can remember going to Disney on ice as a kid and I always loved it, so I love taking Claire to make those memories for her. I am lucky that is comes yearly for the most part so we can see it every so often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
All caught up now, and you're still on day one of the actual vacation!

Yummo cheesecake! I have an aunt who goes there, and then goes home and re-creates them. Love parties at her house! I'm glad CMH wasn't bad again! We're heading there in March for our annual FL trip, and hope for a short line. No super early flight time this time, so if the weather's good, we will drive down day of.

Love the bus driver's name, DH and I would've been cracking jokes too!

I would probably be in the likes on the zebra domes, as anything chocolate mousse is my fave!

Have you seen that Lion Kingmusical is in Detroit soon? Any thoughts on taking Claire? We took DS up to Toronto 2 years ago, and it was FAB! We thought about trying it again, but found out it will be in Cleveland in the spring-summer, and would rather make a 1 hour drive than 2, and in better weather.
I am going VERY slow here. Each days seems to go so fast and I never get a chance to do much in the way of updates. I am really trying to focus more on getting the other TR doen, but i still have a long way to go on that one too.

I did not know the LK was coming to Detroit. I would love to go, but the price would probably kill me. WE are going to see Mary Poppins in March though. We are excited for that one.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: