Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2012, 09:44 PM   #76
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Looks like y'all had a really great day! We haven't done any of the water parks yet but I see them in the future. From what I've seen the theming at Blizzard Beach is really cute!

I really wanted to try California Grill on our last trip but could never get an ADR. One day.....
Old 12-27-2012, 07:18 AM   #77
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Looks like y'all had a really great day! We haven't done any of the water parks yet but I see them in the future. From what I've seen the theming at Blizzard Beach is really cute!

I really wanted to try California Grill on our last trip but could never get an ADR. One day.....
The theming at both are really great. I like Blizzard beach because it is different, but I like Typhoon Lagoon because I love to be floating along listening to Jimmy Buffet!

California Grill is a great experience for anyone.

Thanks for stopping by!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2012, 10:10 AM   #78
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Wow you've posted quite a few pictures since I last looked! You got a lot of great shots! CG looks beautiful, I really want to eat there some time - maybe next time! I love all of your "no dancing" photos and captions

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 12-27-2012, 10:17 AM   #79
creativeamanda
Me? Snarky? Nah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Wow you've posted quite a few pictures since I last looked! You got a lot of great shots! CG looks beautiful, I really want to eat there some time - maybe next time! I love all of your "no dancing" photos and captions
Aw, thanks. I was busy over Christmas, and I want to have this TR finished before I leave in February. Which means I only have 52 days!

Old 12-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #80
natebenma
DIS Veteran

What an awesome day!!! I have been to Boma once for breakfast and it was really good. But not as good as dinner there- Boma just may be my favorite restaurant at Disney.

AKL is beautiful, but I agree that it is not close enough to everything. I like the idea of being able to walk to at least one of the theme parks from my resort, which is the main reason I love the Beach Club so much.

My family usually plans a trip over to Blizzard Beach after a short day at AK. It is just so easy to get there! Typhoon Lagoon is my favorite, too, but the family ride at BB is so much better!

The food and view at CG looked fantastic! Haven't been there yet, but everytime I read a review or see pictures I am tempted!

WOW! You really made the most of the EMH at MK!

The picture of the Dumbo ride is very cool. I remember your story about the dropped phone.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:44 PM   #81
creativeamanda
Me? Snarky? Nah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
What an awesome day!!! I have been to Boma once for breakfast and it was really good. But not as good as dinner there- Boma just may be my favorite restaurant at Disney.
I'll have dinner there for the first time in February. I can't wait to try it!

Quote:
AKL is beautiful, but I agree that it is not close enough to everything. I like the idea of being able to walk to at least one of the theme parks from my resort, which is the main reason I love the Beach Club so much.
Exactly! If I'm going to have to ride the bus everywhere, then I might as well stay at POR and save the $$.

Quote:
My family usually plans a trip over to Blizzard Beach after a short day at AK. It is just so easy to get there! Typhoon Lagoon is my favorite, too, but the family ride at BB is so much better!
Yeah, that family ride at BB is awesome!

Quote:
The food and view at CG looked fantastic! Haven't been there yet, but everytime I read a review or see pictures I am tempted!
You should really try it!

Quote:
WOW! You really made the most of the EMH at MK!

The picture of the Dumbo ride is very cool. I remember your story about the dropped phone.
You know, that phone finally gave out a couple of months ago. We left the contract going and got Sweetie an iPhone 4 for Christmas. No trips off of Dumbo for that one!

Old 12-27-2012, 06:40 PM   #83
creativeamanda
Me? Snarky? Nah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Joining in late but I am enjoying your TR !!!
So Glad to have you!

Old 12-27-2012, 08:40 PM   #84
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
The theming at both are really great. I like Blizzard beach because it is different, but I like Typhoon Lagoon because I love to be floating along listening to Jimmy Buffet!
Ooohhh...if Typhoon Lagoon plays Jimmy then that may make me go there. Love Jimmy Buffet!
Old 12-27-2012, 10:07 PM   #85
creativeamanda
Me? Snarky? Nah!

Back to AK?

After taking some pictures on a coffee run, Sweetie and I left the room to get to EMH at Animal Kingdom. Before we left, though, I had to snap pictures of the lake and scenery I ran through that morning:

What a pretty sight!

We then went over to the bus stop and headed to our first area for the day. . .

Weren't we just here?

Ah, AK AM EMH, where have you been for the last year?!?

Hmmmmm. . .a bit crowded. Turn to the right through Dinoland!

So we can get to that!

We rode Everest 6 times (yes, 6) by 9 am. And before breakfast, we had grabbed all of these:

Those in the middle? They were return ones because EE went down while we were in line the day before.

We had to stop for breakfast. We discovered this place for breakfast the previous summer. . .

And no, no breakfast pizza

Yum, the breakfast of champions, aka, the Bounty Platter at every CS location on site.

So fast passes in hand, we were heading off for the safari!

Last edited by creativeamanda; 12-27-2012 at 10:13 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:54 AM   #86
amandaw
DIS Veteran

I always love early morning pictures....so pretty!!

I can't believe how many times y'all rode EE. That's awesome!
Old 01-01-2013, 08:13 AM   #87
creativeamanda
Me? Snarky? Nah!

Safari

Before I can even get into the pictures from the safari, I have to say that it is the one ride I do almost every trip that I really don't like. The reason I don't like it is sometimes this is the one ride that can wreck every plan. And I mean every plan. I've been stuck with giraffes crossing the road for 45 minutes on this ride. You just can't ever tell what the animals are going to do.

Anyway, we used fast passes for the ride this day.

Sunbathing here, nothing to see. . .

Outta the way, I have this

Is it wrong I'm doing the doggy paddle?

Make sure you get my good side

No pictures please

Okay, if you insist

Well, hello there, beautiful

Wow. Yep, the giraffes blocked the trucks. This one is filled with food and it lures the animals off of the road.

You'll know I'm here if I hit you.

Hey, guys, the people are here!

No real caption. This one id just beautiful!

No, you can't even look at me.

Hakuna Matata! Hey, where is Timon?

I'm sorry, this bird looks like a dinosaur to me.

And I'm scared of it.

Only a 15 minute delay this time, we headed on out to spend more time at Animal Kingdom.

Old 01-01-2013, 08:16 AM   #88
creativeamanda
Me? Snarky? Nah!

Quote:
I always love early morning pictures....so pretty!!

I can't believe how many times y'all rode EE. That's awesome!
Thanks, Amanda!

Old 01-01-2013, 01:44 PM   #89
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Love the safari pics!

Funny you say that you always ride the safari but you don't really like it. It's the one ride I always ride in AK that I actually like.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:12 AM   #90
creativeamanda
Me? Snarky? Nah!

Quote:
Love the safari pics!

Funny you say that you always ride the safari but you don't really like it. It's the one ride I always ride in AK that I actually like.
It's not that I don't like it, it's just it's hard to plan for and the control freak in me can't stand that.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: