DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-28-2012, 11:53 AM   #11
bighoo93
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
The reality is if you bought resale, you cut Disney out of a sale. The company and their employees were negatively affected because you didn't buy direct. How would you feel if you lost your job because of resale? Sales people either preform or they are fired.
That's not reality at all. Disney was not "cut out" of a sale any more than they were cut out of the sale when I bought a gallon of milk at the grocery store this morning. The product I bought wasn't Disney's to sell, just like someone else's DVC points. Disney sells a comparable product to resale DVC points, but they choose to charge double the price. It is a good decision, too, because they have little difficulty selling almost all of their points at that price. But they were not "cut out" of any sale.

Nor is it reasonable to say that people who buy resale are doing any harm to Disney/DVC/DVD. Every day there are billions of people who do not buy from DVD/Disney. And from the countless other businesses on the planet. They aren't "negatively affecting" those companies that they don't do business with, even if they purchase products from competitors, unless you use a bizarre frame of reference where the world revolves around that business and every dollar and sale rightly belongs to it. Consumers go where the economic value is. DVD chooses to charge double the price for essentially the same product. Anyone who gets fired on account of people buying resale (and I have no reason to believe this has happened) should look to DVD management and their pricing decisions, not to the people who evaluated the alternatives in the marketplace and chose the one that made the most economic sense. I would not have bought DVC points directly from Disney because it did not make economic sense (even if there were no resale). I simply would not have bought into DVC at all. So buying resale did nothing to harm Disney/DVD, and that is the case for many who choose to purchase in that market.

Of course salespeople in every industry and company want to make a sale. But it is really not accurate to place the blame on the consumer for making an informed choice.
bighoo93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: