Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #1
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Split stay with promotions

Hi everyone. I am hoping to do a split stay on our next Disney trip. I have been wanting to do this for a while, but now that the kids are older and more self sufficient, I think it's time! I would like to book the poly for four nights and the BCV for 5 nights. I originally thought I would need to do room only bookings and purchase 10 day tickets separately. However, after doing some research on here, I see that people book these stays by loading up the tickets on the first ressie and then booking room only for the second. So my questions are:

Is this do-able? We will have our tix on our KTTWC. Am I correct in assuming they will transfer them to our BCV keys? I have read some people just hang on to the first card for tix and use the second for room and charging. I never minded that with APs but being that the room keys all look the same I could see this one getting to be very confusing.

Also, at the moment there are no promotions for August. I was hoping either free dining or SPD will become available. If an offer does come up, am I correct in assuming I will be able to change the first ressie to take advantage of a discount but that it will not carry over to the second room only ressie? And if I were to add dining, would I only be able to add and access those credits until midnight of the date of my first checkout? I suppose if there were leftover credits we'd just convert them to snacks and store them in our villa, but is there a way to add dining to a room only as well? I think I did it one year when we had APs, but I'm not sure how much money I saved...probably just more for the convenience factor.

Am I missing anything? I would like to book asap, not so much for the poly but to secure a two bedroom at BCV. Thanks for your help!

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: