Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 11:31 AM   #91
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
Love your pics of the Poly Shelly! Wish I was there right now!!!!

I'm sure your review is really helpful to someone who has never stayed there.
I also agree with a pp who said the Alice splash thing belongs in a value. It does kinda ruin the elegance of the GF.
Thanks!! Wish I was there too!

Yeah, it's really too bad about the changes at the GF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Hi Shelly! I'm finally finding some post-Christmas DIS time & found your resort report! Sounds like you had a great trip... at least as far as the resorts go. Sorry about the lack of sleep at the GF though. Can't wait to read the full TR!!

Sad to hear about your step-mom. I hope she gets out of the hospital soon & recovers from the cancer quickly!! Sending my thoughts your way!
Hi Amy! Hope you had a nice Christmas.

Yes, we had a wonderful trip. I can't wait to tell all about it. Hoping to get the TR started very soon!

Thanks. It's not too likely that my step-mom is going to recover. It was found too late and is stage 4. Right now we are praying for peace and comfort for her.
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:36 AM   #92
jenniferma
DIS Veteran

love your report!

I think you should have your own blog.

Quick question-- we are staying at Poly January 15-21. Would you recommend tokelau to avoid construction mess? We were debating between Tokelau and samoa.. are people staying on the quiet pool side of Samoa right now.. overlooking the ugly fence mess?

thanks!
Jen

DH43, ME41, DD12, DD10 and DD7

jenniferma is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2012, 11:44 AM   #93
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

First, great review with VERY helpful photos and updates. I've been staying at Poly for nearly 30 years, but this recent construction is throwing me off a bit. Really appreciate all the details - thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferma View Post
love your report!

Quick question-- we are staying at Poly January 15-21. Would you recommend tokelau to avoid construction mess? We were debating between Tokelau and samoa.. are people staying on the quiet pool side of Samoa right now.. overlooking the ugly fence mess?

thanks!
Jen
Now that's really funny, because I just posted this exact same question on the Poly thread last night! (And I'm also from NoVa!) We're arriving at Poly on January 26 and we requested Samoa, volcano pool side, 3rd floor (I know, tall order.) But I was considering Tokelau as a backup. My husband currently has a strong preference for Samoa based on the location and volcano pool side view, but I'd appreciate any additional construction information/recommendations!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL and CBR
pixarmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:45 PM   #94
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferma View Post
love your report!

thanks!
Jen
Thanks!! I hope to start a full trip report very soon, after I get the rest of my Poly pics posted here and get this wrapped up!

That's a good question...I can't really say if I saw anyone going into any of the rooms on the other side of the hall or not. I just asked DH and he is pretty sure he saw someone going into the room right across from us once. So those rooms must be open. And I actually think if you were on that side on the top floor it would be okay, because you could look out over that mess. I don't think I would want to be on the second floor, and I sure hope they aren't putting people in the first floor rooms there.

But yes, if you wanted to avoid it all together you could request Tokelau.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
First, great review with VERY helpful photos and updates. I've been staying at Poly for nearly 30 years, but this recent construction is throwing me off a bit. Really appreciate all the details - thank you!!!

Thank you!

Now that's really funny, because I just posted this exact same question on the Poly thread last night! (And I'm also from NoVa!) We're arriving at Poly on January 26 and we requested Samoa, volcano pool side, 3rd floor (I know, tall order.) But I was considering Tokelau as a backup. My husband currently has a strong preference for Samoa based on the location and volcano pool side view, but I'd appreciate any additional construction information/recommendations!

Well hopefully my response to jenniferma helped you some. I'll have to head over to the Poly thread and see what response you got there!

Good luck to both of you, I hope you both get the room you want and have an awesome vacation!!
Old 12-28-2012, 01:23 PM   #95
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

On our last day DS11 and I went on a little Poly tour!

First we walked out to the boat dock and then headed towards the GF.

There was a wedding going on at the GF wedding pavillion.

Old 12-28-2012, 01:25 PM   #96
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

As we walked back towards the Poly we saw another wedding happening right there, right off the sidewalk!

Quiet pool ~

Back of Hawaii ~

Old 12-28-2012, 01:29 PM   #97
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Side shot of our building and balcony, taken from beside the Hawaii building entrance ~

Old 12-28-2012, 01:37 PM   #98
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

And last but not least, Ohana pics!

Okay, guess that's it! Hope you have all enjoyed. I will post a link here when I get my TR up!

Old 12-28-2012, 02:04 PM   #99
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Can't wait for the TR!!

I just realized that I can make my ADRs next week- YAY!!!!
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
ddluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:13 PM   #100
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Can't wait for the TR!!

I just realized that I can make my ADRs next week- YAY!!!!

Working on the TR now!!

YAY for ADR's! What are you going to book? What are your dates again??
Old 12-28-2012, 03:08 PM   #101
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys

Working on the TR now!!

YAY for ADR's! What are you going to book? What are your dates again??
The only one I'm going to book is BOG. If you remember, this is going to be a more Universal/IOA vacation with some Sea World too That being the case, we'll probably only be at WDW for a day. I really want to try that restaurant!!!
Although if everything works out with DH's new job (we'll know by Jan.13), we'll be at the World a lot more than just one day Woohoo!!!!
So If DH doesn't take the job we'll be there 7/1-7/11. But if he takes the job we'll be there a few weeks so I wouldn't be worried about ADRs as much I'll just go with the flow- we'll be so much more flexible. And we'll get APs!!!!
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
ddluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:38 PM   #102
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The only one I'm going to book is BOG. If you remember, this is going to be a more Universal/IOA vacation with some Sea World too That being the case, we'll probably only be at WDW for a day. I really want to try that restaurant!!!
Although if everything works out with DH's new job (we'll know by Jan.13), we'll be at the World a lot more than just one day Woohoo!!!!
So If DH doesn't take the job we'll be there 7/1-7/11. But if he takes the job we'll be there a few weeks so I wouldn't be worried about ADRs as much I'll just go with the flow- we'll be so much more flexible. And we'll get APs!!!!
Oh I forgot you were mostly doing Universal this time.

I didn't even try to book BOG this time, but I am thinking I might next time...

I hope it all works out with your DH's job. AP's will be awesome!!
Old 01-08-2013, 05:51 AM   #103
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Hello, Miss MIA here Just read your review of GF and so sorry it was not the best ever. I am glad now tht we did not change last minute since we also love the Boardwalk. My concerns were the ones you mentioned, the pool closing and Gasperillas being closed plus the new splash area. Someone also mentioned to me that the lobby was overly busy with visitors this time of year.

Thanks for posting the review Shelly!

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:59 AM   #104
Disneyandphilliesfan
Mouseketeer

Question to get a room in the main building at Poly what level of room do I need to book?
Disneyandphilliesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:45 PM   #105
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Hello, Miss MIA here Just read your review of GF and so sorry it was not the best ever. I am glad now tht we did not change last minute since we also love the Boardwalk. My concerns were the ones you mentioned, the pool closing and Gasperillas being closed plus the new splash area. Someone also mentioned to me that the lobby was overly busy with visitors this time of year.

Thanks for posting the review Shelly!

Hey Sheila!!

Glad you enjoyed the review! Yeah the GF isn't my favorite, but it was nice. Wish it wouldn't have been such a mess though!

I think we will head to the BWI next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyandphilliesfan View Post
Question to get a room in the main building at Poly what level of room do I need to book?
Hi there.

There are no rooms in the GCH (Great Ceremonial House), which is the main building at the Poly. All the rooms are in outbuildings called longhouses. Several of the buildings have great locations. So you could book garden view, lagoon view, or theme park view - depending on what you want, and then add the request of the building you want. But it's not guaranteed you will get it. The only way to get a guaranteed building is to book Club Level and you will get Hawaii. Hope that helps.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: