Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 04:14 PM   #1
WDW Princess 71
DIS Veteran

Costa Maya Port Restaurants?

Can someone who has visited Costa Maya recently give me an update on what restaurants are currently open there? I am trying to research online but am trouble finding recent sites with accurate information. For example, there used to be a Hard Rock Cafe, which I was looking forward to visiting to add to my collection, but they have since closed due to not doing enough business. Have other venues also closed there, or are there still a good amount of places? I was planning to just get off the ship to enjoy the pool/swim up bar, and get something to eat at a decent restaurant, otherwise I'd just eat on the ship. If anyone knows of free wifi at the port, that would be helpful also- I found a site saying that "Mamasita's" offered it on the 2nd floor but again I dont know if this is still accurate or if this Mamasita's place is even still open. Any advice appreciated!

September 2014: 14 Night WB Transatlantic on the Magic! November 2013: WDW & 3 Night Dream Mother/Daughter TripJuly 2013: 12-Night Eastern Med Cruise w/Greece & Turkey, then Disneyland Paris! January 2013: 7 Night Western Carib on the Fantasy May 2012: 5-Night Double Dip Dream Cruise for Mom & Dad's 30th Anniversary! February 2012: Solo Valentine Cruise Treat to Get Me to Gold! January 2011: 3 Week Ultimate Disney Vacation- WDW then 15 Night Disney Cruise Through Panama Canal then DL in California!May 2010: celebrating at WDW for graduating my MBA program! January 2010: 3rd Disney Cruise, 1st on the Magic, prefaced by New Years Eve in WDW! November 2009: Return to DL at Disney's Grand Californian Resort, May 2009: WDW Summer Kickoff, January 2009: 2nd Disney Cruise- Sisters Cruise 4 Night Wonder, March 2008: WDW Spring Break, February 2008: WDW ESPN Weekend with relatives, April 2007: WDW Spring Break, March 2006: WDW Spring Break, March 2004: Land & Sea Graduation Present 4 Night Wonder (1st Cruise!) and 3 Night WDW, April 2003: WDW Spring Break, November 2002: Florida College Road Trip, Stopover in WDW, June 2002: California College Road Trip, Stopover in Disneyland, November 2001: WDW Mom’s Birthday Celebration, April 2001: WDW Spring Break, October 2000: Millennium Celebration WDW, November 1996: 1st Trip WDW Hooked For Life, 2004-2007: MANY trips up to Disneyland, CA (including 50th Anniversary Happiest Celebration on Earth!) while in college at University of San Diego
WDW Princess 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:42 PM   #2
ChloroFiend
DIS Veteran

Tropicante in Mahahual has good food and free wifi. It's a short cab ride from the port area.

http://www.sandalsandskis.com/Tropicante.html
ChloroFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2012, 10:03 PM   #3
WDW Princess 71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloroFiend View Post
Tropicante in Mahahual has good food and free wifi. It's a short cab ride from the port area.

http://www.sandalsandskis.com/Tropicante.html
Thank you but because I am a single woman travelling alone, I don't feel comfortable taking a taxi in Mexico on my own, so that is why I want to stick with the port area.

September 2014: 14 Night WB Transatlantic on the Magic! November 2013: WDW & 3 Night Dream Mother/Daughter TripJuly 2013: 12-Night Eastern Med Cruise w/Greece & Turkey, then Disneyland Paris! January 2013: 7 Night Western Carib on the Fantasy May 2012: 5-Night Double Dip Dream Cruise for Mom & Dad's 30th Anniversary! February 2012: Solo Valentine Cruise Treat to Get Me to Gold! January 2011: 3 Week Ultimate Disney Vacation- WDW then 15 Night Disney Cruise Through Panama Canal then DL in California!May 2010: celebrating at WDW for graduating my MBA program! January 2010: 3rd Disney Cruise, 1st on the Magic, prefaced by New Years Eve in WDW! November 2009: Return to DL at Disney's Grand Californian Resort, May 2009: WDW Summer Kickoff, January 2009: 2nd Disney Cruise- Sisters Cruise 4 Night Wonder, March 2008: WDW Spring Break, February 2008: WDW ESPN Weekend with relatives, April 2007: WDW Spring Break, March 2006: WDW Spring Break, March 2004: Land & Sea Graduation Present 4 Night Wonder (1st Cruise!) and 3 Night WDW, April 2003: WDW Spring Break, November 2002: Florida College Road Trip, Stopover in WDW, June 2002: California College Road Trip, Stopover in Disneyland, November 2001: WDW Mom’s Birthday Celebration, April 2001: WDW Spring Break, October 2000: Millennium Celebration WDW, November 1996: 1st Trip WDW Hooked For Life, 2004-2007: MANY trips up to Disneyland, CA (including 50th Anniversary Happiest Celebration on Earth!) while in college at University of San Diego
WDW Princess 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:51 PM   #4
DisneyOrBustColorado
Mouseketeer

Maya Chan is another suggestion for you. You still have to take a taxi to get there (which is included in their already cheap rates). I felt much safer taking the taxi with my young family than I did while I was near the shops in port. I get sick of being bugged to come into the shops to buy something & look at things. This small, private beach resort was the highlight of our trip!!!! It was easy to give the guy at the taxi stand our names & we were already on the list & fully taken care of by the wonderful people at Maya Chan.

http://costamayabeachresort.com/
Old 12-27-2012, 11:27 PM   #5
chrissyt27
DIS Veteran

If it's a Disney cruise maybe you can meet people on your trip meetup page. We knew just about everyone who went to the Tropicanate with us. We were supposed to meet up and go over together, but some people went early or late. But if someone knew you wanted to go with I am sure you could work it out. Hard Rock was closed for sure, it was all boarded up. I didn't see much there at the "mall" port. They did have a pool and drinks. I heard Senior Frogs wanted $15 a drink. we paid $4. Steve is so nice and it's a super quick cab ride.
I hope you can find someone to go there or Maya Chen with.
December 2007 Disneyland Trip with DH, December 2008 WDW trip with DH and Aunt!!
February 2009 2nd anniversary “Magic” Cruise
November 2009 Birthday at WDW, December 2010 Disney "Magic" Cruise, December 2012 "Wonder" 14 Night Panama Cruise
chrissyt27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: