Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 05:22 PM   #136
tgch123
Mouseketeer

Dress up

My DD who is 6 wants to bring one of her Disney Princess gowns(cinderella or snow white) for those of you who have cruised with DCL are there many little girls dressed up in the gowns at dinner? Will she be the only one?
DCL Magic Feb 2013
tgch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:40 PM   #137
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Princess gowns

There will be so many little girls in Princess gowns it looks like a fairy tale. They are so very cute. You can have your princess's picture taken with any princess on the ship. Get in line early because they do cut off the lines for pics. So many chances for photo ops. Sherry
skayrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2012, 06:26 PM   #138
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Gift shop

If you are thinking of buying your princess a dress from the gift store on board , they are about 65.00. The Disney store .com has many of them on sale now during their clearance sale. sherry
Old 12-27-2012, 07:19 PM   #139
ekatiel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenerra11 View Post
Thanks for the info.....now if the Texans play in the Super bowl,that would be even better.
Can you even imagine a boat full of Texans watching the Texans play in the Super Bowl??!!! That would be a crazy, loud, fun afternoon!!! --Katie
Old 12-27-2012, 07:57 PM   #140
slesco
Earning My Ears

Smile Can't wait to Sail!

We are so excited for this cruise! This will be our first cruise for our entire family! No better way to start than a Disney cruise! All tips and tricks anyone can share would be greatly appreciated! We are sailing with our girls 10, 9 and 2. Thanks in advance!
slesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:05 PM   #141
tgch123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekatiel View Post
Can you even imagine a boat full of Texans watching the Texans play in the Super Bowl??!!! That would be a crazy, loud, fun afternoon!!! --Katie
The question is... Pirate costume or texan gear? BULLS ON PARADE!
DCL Magic Feb 2013
Old 12-27-2012, 08:18 PM   #142
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Ice cream cones

Quote:
Originally Posted by slesco View Post
We are so excited for this cruise! This will be our first cruise for our entire family! No better way to start than a Disney cruise! All tips and tricks anyone can share would be greatly appreciated! We are sailing with our girls 10, 9 and 2. Thanks in advance!
One of the best tips I saw on our last cruise was a mom who packed waffle cones with sprinkles for the ice cream machine on Deck 9. This is probably only possible if you are driving in, but it seems like a lot of us are from Texas. I will be packing those waffle cones for my granddaughters. Sherry

Just remembered another mom brought on root beer for root beer floats. There were usually 4 flavors of icecream and always chocolate and vanilla.

Last edited by skayrobe; 12-27-2012 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Adding
Old 12-27-2012, 08:19 PM   #143
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgch123 View Post
Kathy- Will you have 2 fe's for your 2 rooms? or just 1 for both rooms?
We will have two, one for each room. One for my DS and DDIL and the other for the rest of us.

DCL (Wonder, Eastern Caribbean) January 2016: DCL (Wonder, Bahama) December 2015: DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

twokats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:26 PM   #144
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are also excited for this cruise and for you to join us.

If you and your family are interested in joining the FE group, you only have til Monday to make the decision, since that is the cutoff day. If you join, I need to know stateroom number and family names, if you are willing to share.

It's getting close guys!!!!

DCL (Wonder, Eastern Caribbean) January 2016: DCL (Wonder, Bahama) December 2015: DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - September 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

twokats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:58 PM   #145
slesco
Earning My Ears

FE group

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokats View Post
We are also excited for this cruise and for you to join us.

If you and your family are interested in joining the FE group, you only have til Monday to make the decision, since that is the cutoff day. If you join, I need to know stateroom number and family names, if you are willing to share.

It's getting close guys!!!!
Please put us down for the FE group!
Mom- Shelley
Dad- Shawn
Princess- Kayleigh (10)
Princess- Hannah (9)
Princess- Sarah (2)

I will send you our stateroom once I dig out our paper. Our girls aren't going to find out till the embarkment day!
Old 12-27-2012, 08:59 PM   #146
slesco
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekatiel View Post
How fun will this be!
Old 12-27-2012, 09:00 PM   #147
slesco
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by skayrobe View Post
One of the best tips I saw on our last cruise was a mom who packed waffle cones with sprinkles for the ice cream machine on Deck 9. This is probably only possible if you are driving in, but it seems like a lot of us are from Texas. I will be packing those waffle cones for my granddaughters. Sherry

Just remembered another mom brought on root beer for root beer floats. There were usually 4 flavors of icecream and always chocolate and vanilla.
Great idea! Thanks for the suggestion!!!!!
Old 12-27-2012, 09:07 PM   #148
slesco
Earning My Ears

nursery

Anyone else traveling with a nursery age child? I am not sure about booking the nursery for my 2 year old or if there is enough for us to do with her.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:55 PM   #149
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Activities

Quote:
Anyone else traveling with a nursery age child? I am not sure about booking the nursery for my 2 year old or if there is enough for us to do with her.
I do know that the pools on deck 9 are kept between 88 and 90 degrees, so that is a great place to play with a toddler. And there always photos with the characters. There are also movies in the Buena Vista theater. sherry
Old 12-27-2012, 09:56 PM   #150
tgch123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
My son will be 3 in march. I don't plan on putting him in the nursery but I'm not against it. We will see.
DCL Magic Feb 2013

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: