Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2012, 06:50 PM   #12
halfmonkey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
I think it's the choppier seas. They don't want to damage the ship or the dock, so if they can't easily dock, they won't. But this *can* happen at ANY time. You are not guaranteed ANY port on ANY cruise on ANY ship or cruise line. Things can change.

Hopefully they will learn from their mistakes and not make those same rotten decisions in the future. Hope hope hope!

Remember OP, what you experience in California is just as scary to those from the East Coast as hurricanes are to you. I personally am terrified of tornadoes, but my friends from the midwest are far more afraid of earthquakes than twisters.

I would rather be on a ship, where they *can* move away from storms, or at WDW, which has really good measures for storms, during a hurricane. My family that lives in Daytona has WDW as their backup plan for huge storms! That's where they evacuate to. That's how safe they feel it is at WDW.

Now the tricky part is making sure your flights can get in or out of the Orlando airport, and in that case reading an old thread written by bavaria, on the Transportation forum, is a good idea, to have your ducks in a row in case you need to change your flight when a storm threatens.

I think, though, if you want to avoid all negative things, spring is going to be a better time...but that's going to be higher prices due to school breaks.
Thanks everybody for the input. We don't mind Dec but I would really like to cruise during a time when I can just wear shorts and flip flops. I know FL and that area is generally pretty fair in weather but since I've never been in that area, I don't really know what the weather will be like exactly. So if Dec is mild, then it might be off the list simply because when we get to Castaway Cay, I'd like the weather to be warm enough where we can get in the water and not be cold. I'd like it to be sunny and warm in the water.

If March, April, or May are the best times, then we might just have to suck it up and go during this time. It would be a big trip for us since we've never been on a Disney cruise, never been to FL, never been to WDW, and traveled yet on a plane as a family (kids are still very young.) Therefore, I'd like it to not have too many variables as possible such as crazy weather.
halfmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: