Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 02:16 PM   #1
brergnat
DIS Veteran

DCL travel insurance and obtaining credit

Long story short: We booked a cruise in August. My MIL booked solo to join us. She ended up having a work issue and could not go at the last minute. Purchased DCL's travel insurance. MIL just recently got a letter from the insurance company denying her claim (as expected, although DCL advised us to put the claim in anyway to see what they would do).

As I understand it (and as was confirmed to me by the DCL CM on the phone), if the insurance claim ends up denied, MIL is entitled to a non-expiring credit to her cruise fare (minus the insurance cost) for a future Disney cruise.

So, she got the letter from the Insurance company, denying the claim. End of story.

Now what? Does she have to call DCL now? Or, were they already notified that the claim was denied by the insurance company? She was just kinda left hanging with no further instructions. A credit for a future cruise is great, since we plan to cruise again with DCL. But, how does she go about getting the credit now?

Any help would be appreciated!
brergnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:21 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brergnat View Post
Long story short: We booked a cruise in August. My MIL booked solo to join us. She ended up having a work issue and could not go at the last minute. Purchased DCL's travel insurance. MIL just recently got a letter from the insurance company denying her claim (as expected, although DCL advised us to put the claim in anyway to see what they would do).

As I understand it (and as was confirmed to me by the DCL CM on the phone), if the insurance claim ends up denied, MIL is entitled to a non-expiring credit to her cruise fare (minus the insurance cost) for a future Disney cruise.

So, she got the letter from the Insurance company, denying the claim. End of story.

Now what? Does she have to call DCL now? Or, were they already notified that the claim was denied by the insurance company? She was just kinda left hanging with no further instructions. A credit for a future cruise is great, since we plan to cruise again with DCL. But, how does she go about getting the credit now?

Any help would be appreciated!
I'd call DCL and tell them that the claim was denied and see where it goes from there.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #3
brergnat
DIS Veteran

I want to be able to help MIL with this, but she has all the info at home in another state. She is here visiting, and I told her I'd figure out what she has to do when she gets home. She is not very good on the phone, so I wanted to have as much info as possible to tell her so she will be prepared when she calls. She basically wrote the whole expense off when she got that Insurance company denial letter weeks ago...and she never told me! She figured she was just out of luck. I told her that's not how it is supposed to work and I would find out the next step for her to take.

I figured someone here would have experience with this. That's what I'm looking for.

I can't call DCL now because I don't have her original booking confirmation number, or any of the info. related to the booking so I won't get anywhere. She has all that info. at home.

I just want to know if she will need to either send or fax a copy of the denial letter to DCL, or if DCL would already have this info from the ins. company.
brergnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:41 PM   #4
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Your next step is to fax or mail the denial from the insurance company to DCL.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:17 PM   #5
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

You do not need her reservation number for DCL CS to find her reservation, especially if her booking is linked to yours. They can access your reservation with just her name and then confirm information with her to talk to you.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: