Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 12:58 PM   #16
monte
DIS Veteran

Oh man, sorry you had a bad time, but I LOVE this resort! Never saw a roach, the bellhop came for my luggage and drove me to Custom House for departure and my room was perfect. There are alot of bus stops, but I really didn't mind as I spent the time talking with other passengers, so it was pleasant. I can see how one would be disappointed with the layout as it is huge, but I was in Aruba section and I had no problem getting to the food court, pools and laundry room. I love this resort and plan on staying there again (as soon as I save the $$$). lol.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:03 PM   #17
staticgirl50
Mouseketeer

We stayed at CBR for the first time last Jan. and loved it. I pray there were no bugs, but we were not at the room long enough to notice LOL! We stayed at the Jamaica building and the walk was not to bad Everyone has their favorites
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2012, 03:30 PM   #18
kgoodb00
Disney Fanatic

I have to agree that CBR is my least favorite resort I have stayed at. While its an absolutely beautiful resort, it just didn't have the right feel for me and my family! It wasn't the buses or that the resort was huge, it just wasn't fit for our family. Our room was a little bit of a problem too. The headboard was broken and the fridge was warm and stinky. We really didn't like that the customs house was so far away too. It was just all not our thing!

Me DH DS(13) DD(10)

BCV:07/2005--POP:03/2007--POFQ:03/2011--CBR:04/2012 --BC:06/2013--YC/WL:10/2014

kgoodb00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:03 PM   #19
nkereina
Wendy Darling

OP - I see you are a CSR fan. Considering CSR can be a long walk to the main building with multiple bus stops like CBR, do you just find it to be a better set up at CSR? We are considering CSR for our next trip. Previously, we stayed at POR and didn't find the walking to be too bad since you can cut across the river by the bridge. The big lake at CSR has us concerned.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:06 AM   #20
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
OP - I see you are a CSR fan. Considering CSR can be a long walk to the main building with multiple bus stops like CBR, do you just find it to be a better set up at CSR? We are considering CSR for our next trip. Previously, we stayed at POR and didn't find the walking to be too bad since you can cut across the river by the bridge. The big lake at CSR has us concerned.
I do find the set up at CSR better. I really disliked CBR having the Custom House be separate from the rest of the resort. And CSR is a bit smaller than CBR. CBR has 7 bus stops to CSR's 4. If you get on at the first stop that gives you half as many stops to sit thru.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:39 AM   #21
TJDisneymama
DIS Veteran

i stayed there in april and the van picked us up with ourluggage to take us to custom house. we never had to go to CM the entire trip so the location of it wasnt an issue for us. we were in martinique 25 so close to OPR.

the many bus stops never bothered me (and i am SUPER impatient) but maybe because we never had to spend any time waiting for a bus as one always seemed tocome as soon as we got to the stop......so 3-4 minutes spent going to other stops never seemed like a big deal.

everybodys got their most and least favorite resorts! its a good thing we dont all like the same ones or we' d all be fighting to get a room.
*4/2012: Mother/son trip ~ CBR *4/2013: 2nd Family trip ~ AoA Nemo/Disney Dream *8/2013: Kid-Free trip ~ YC
*8/2014: 2nd Kid-Free trip ~ WL
NEXT UP: *4/15: 3rd Family Trip ~ CSR!*
TJDisneymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:48 AM   #22
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDisneymama View Post
i stayed there in april and the van picked us up with ourluggage to take us to custom house. we never had to go to CM the entire trip so the location of it wasnt an issue for us. we were in martinique 25 so close to OPR.

the many bus stops never bothered me (and i am SUPER impatient) but maybe because we never had to spend any time waiting for a bus as one always seemed tocome as soon as we got to the stop......so 3-4 minutes spent going to other stops never seemed like a big deal.

everybodys got their most and least favorite resorts! its a good thing we dont all like the same ones or we' d all be fighting to get a room.
I was actually very surprised they didn't have a van to pick us and our luggage up to go to OPR. The CM came with a hand car, grabbed the luggage, and said to meet him at OPR. It seemed odd, maybe they were just very shorthanded at the time?

I timed the time around the resort, and our best time was 7 minutes after being picked up at Jamaica. I guess that is one of the trade offs for usually being the first stop, you then have to sit while you go to the other 6 stops. I wanted to be in Jamaica as I had my 73yr old dad along on this trip, and wanted to be sure of him getting a seat.

There was nothing horribly wrong with CBR (other than the roaches!) but it just didn't feel right to me. That just leaves more room for all of you that love it!
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:55 AM   #23
dansdad
DIS Veteran

It's great that Disney has so many choices for resorts to fit everyone? What some feel is a negative, we actually feel is a big plus. We love that the Customer House is completely separate from OPR. That makes is so much less chaotic than other resorts that have check-in near the food court, arcade, etc. After check-in Bell Services take us to our village/building. When checking out Bell Services pick us, and all our luggage, up and take us to the Custom House. There's concierge at OPR, so for us we have only ever been to the Custom House during check-in and check-out.

Now I too would not have liked the roaches tagging along. That's happened to us at POR, BC, and POFQ. They have always been great about taking care of it, but eek!
Old 12-28-2012, 07:58 AM   #24
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

UGH! Palmetto bugs in the room????? Yeah no. We have never stayed at CBR and never will. Just no interest in that resort at all. We love CSR and POR for mods. So sorry mama!!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: