Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 05:08 PM   #91
Tallent
Mouseketeer

We're not booked yet but planning to go Oct 17-21. It'll be a more relaxed trip (only doing 1-2 park days) with the sole purpose being MNNSHP. Planning on going with friends so that'll be a first too. Since it's a short trip we're looking at staying at one of the values (looked at Bonnet Creek but with a rental car it became more than values so...)--we usually stat Mod but have stayed at Pop and ASMusic. Looking at Movies this time but we'll see. Don't want to book anything till we get back from our Jan trip.

itinerary would be something like this:

Thurs--arrive late afternoon
Fri--ak or dhs
Sat--ak or dhs or just a pool/mini golf or maybe water park day
Sun--relax, MNSSHP
Mon--sleep in, pool, leave mid afternoon
Old 12-27-2012, 08:24 PM   #92
moose615
DIS Veteran

Hi all , I was a part of the other 2013 Oct thread, my DD5 and I are booked at VGC Oct. 7th-12th for our first trip to DL , I am really excited but keeping it a surprise from DD because she knew about our last trip for 4 months and it was torture for her, we are also going to WDW for a quick weekend trip in March and staying at BLT (expiring SW tickets ) looking forward to both trips but can't wait to explore DL in Oct
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2012, 11:55 PM   #93
L-Harper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallent View Post
We're not booked yet but planning to go Oct 17-21. It'll be a more relaxed trip (only doing 1-2 park days) with the sole purpose being MNNSHP. Planning on going with friends so that'll be a first too. Since it's a short trip we're looking at staying at one of the values (looked at Bonnet Creek but with a rental car it became more than values so...)--we usually stat Mod but have stayed at Pop and ASMusic. Looking at Movies this time but we'll see. Don't want to book anything till we get back from our Jan trip.

itinerary would be something like this:

Thurs--arrive late afternoon
Fri--ak or dhs
Sat--ak or dhs or just a pool/mini golf or maybe water park day
Sun--relax, MNSSHP
Mon--sleep in, pool, leave mid afternoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by moose615 View Post
Hi all , I was a part of the other 2013 Oct thread, my DD5 and I are booked at VGC Oct. 7th-12th for our first trip to DL , I am really excited but keeping it a surprise from DD because she knew about our last trip for 4 months and it was torture for her, we are also going to WDW for a quick weekend trip in March and staying at BLT (expiring SW tickets ) looking forward to both trips but can't wait to explore DL in Oct
I have you both added to the first post!

Please vote for my photo in the DIS photo contest! {HERE}
L-Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:29 AM   #94
sarahkate60120
Earning My Ears

Birthday Trip

I have not booked the trip yet, but hope to soon for October 17 -22. My daughter will turn 8 on the trip and is so excited about the idea of getting to be at her favorite place on her birthday.

We will either be stying at POR or POFQ. Can we be added to the list?
sarahkate60120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:53 AM   #95
L-Harper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahkate60120 View Post
I have not booked the trip yet, but hope to soon for October 17 -22. My daughter will turn 8 on the trip and is so excited about the idea of getting to be at her favorite place on her birthday.

We will either be stying at POR or POFQ. Can we be added to the list?
I have added you to the list! How exciting that your daughter gets to celebrate her birthday in Disney World! Is she still into princesses? Has she requested anything in particular to do while she's there for her birthday?

Old 12-28-2012, 07:02 AM   #96
mtfarlin
Mouseketeer

have booked POR for Oct 3-9th...going with my sister (her B'day), my niece (leaving hubby home) our cousin and myself Can't wait for Oct to get here!!!!!!
mtfarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:13 AM   #97
sarahkate60120
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-Harper View Post
I have added you to the list! How exciting that your daughter gets to celebrate her birthday in Disney World! Is she still into princesses? Has she requested anything in particular to do while she's there for her birthday?
Yes, still very much into princesses. We were last at Disney in mid December of 2011. What Anna wants most is to have the makeover at BBB. I will try to schedule an early time on her birthday so she can truly feel like a princess on her birthday.
sarahkate60120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:40 PM   #98
L-Harper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtfarlin View Post
have booked POR for Oct 3-9th...going with my sister (her B'day), my niece (leaving hubby home) our cousin and myself Can't wait for Oct to get here!!!!!!
I have you added to the first page. That sounds like such a fun trip! I'm assuming your cousin is female and it will be an all girls trip? I would love that!

Old 12-29-2012, 09:19 AM   #99
That Mom
Mouseketeer

Please add me to the list

DH and I are going Oct 8-12, staying at BCV. This will be his first trip in at least 15 years, DD and DS have been my Disney buddies. The only thing that will get him there is our new grandson (born on Halloween, 2012) I know he is a bit young but I am hoping for baby time while his mom and dad have some time for themselves. Purely thinking of them, of course
Old 12-29-2012, 10:42 AM   #100
QDinFL
Earning My Ears

I am planning a trip for the 17th- 21st. I am very excited. I think we will be staying at AOA. There are 5 of us going. Myself, hubby and son who will be 5. My brother in law and his son who will be 17 will also be joining us. I haven't been since my son was one so I am very excited. I used to go 3 times a year. So, it feels like its been forever!
QDinFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:22 PM   #101
L-Harper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by QDinFL View Post
I am planning a trip for the 17th- 21st. I am very excited. I think we will be staying at AOA. There are 5 of us going. Myself, hubby and son who will be 5. My brother in law and his son who will be 17 will also be joining us. I haven't been since my son was one so I am very excited. I used to go 3 times a year. So, it feels like its been forever!
I have you added to the first post! That sounds like a fun trip! I bet you are going absolutely crazy to get back since you used to go so often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Mom View Post
DH and I are going Oct 8-12, staying at BCV. This will be his first trip in at least 15 years, DD and DS have been my Disney buddies. The only thing that will get him there is our new grandson (born on Halloween, 2012) I know he is a bit young but I am hoping for baby time while his mom and dad have some time for themselves. Purely thinking of them, of course
I have you added to the first post! I keep telling my husband that it's awesome to have my own kids, but I'm more excited for them to have kids! They're still young, only 3 and 5, but I'm excited to be a grandma. I love your motives! It's also exciting that your hubby is going along!

Old 12-29-2012, 01:36 PM   #102
L-Harper
DIS Veteran

The hubs and I have decided that our October trip is just going to be the two of us!!! I am seriously over the moon with this! We're doing a different (ie: cheaper) family vacation this year and going to take the family next October to WDW. DH and I have been talking about just the two of us going for quite a long time. We're both pretty stoked.

It's been fun thinking about where we want to eat. Since it will just be the two of us, signatures will definitely be happening! Narcoossee's & Le Cellier dinners, I can't go to WDW and not go to 'Ohana for dinner, and Sanaa for lunch. For now, those are it. I'm also thinking the Grand Floridian Cafe for breakfast on our last day. Lobster eggs benedict! Sign me up!

Old 12-29-2012, 08:57 PM   #103
LadyBeBop
DIS Veteran

Well, I'm booked.

October 27-November 3. Staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek.

Celebrating my DGD's fifth birthday (born 10/31/08).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
What? 2019 or 2020? Say it ain't so!

You must "sneak in a day" next year. That's an order!

Last edited by LadyBeBop; 12-29-2012 at 09:37 PM.
LadyBeBop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:19 PM   #104
L-Harper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBeBop View Post
Well, I'm booked.

October 27-November 3. Staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek.

Celebrating my DGD's fifth birthday (born 10/31/88).
I have you added to the first post! How awesome to spend a vacation with your granddaughter. Did you mean she was born in 08? How exciting!

Old 12-29-2012, 09:40 PM   #105
LadyBeBop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-Harper View Post
I have you added to the first post! How awesome to spend a vacation with your granddaughter. Did you mean she was born in 08? How exciting!
Yes. (Edited my last post).

Technically, she's not a WDW newbie. We took her to Animal Kingdom in February 2010. At the time, we could only afford one day pass. We've saved, and now we're getting six day passes. Right now, $1,500 in Disney gift cards. With another 52 weeks to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
What? 2019 or 2020? Say it ain't so!

You must "sneak in a day" next year. That's an order!
LadyBeBop is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: