Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2012, 06:35 AM   #196
Muddy Rivers
Mouseketeer

Can anyone help. I may be looking in the wrong place, but after logging in to Alamo Insiders, I see all car classes listed to choose from except a minivan. Has anyone else seen this?
Muddy Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:00 AM   #197
louisedisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Rivers
Can anyone help. I may be looking in the wrong place, but after logging in to Alamo Insiders, I see all car classes listed to choose from except a minivan. Has anyone else seen this?
They might be sold out for your dates. They are sold out for my dates too ( jan 3-13).
louisedisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-23-2012, 08:06 AM   #198
louisedisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Rivers
They might be sold out for your dates. They are sold out for my dates too ( jan 3 -13). Keep checking everyday as people may cancel.
louisedisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:46 AM   #199
Bullseye
Faithful Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisedisney View Post
They might be sold out for your dates. They are sold out for my dates too ( jan 3 -13). Keep checking everyday as people may cancel.
Yes I'm Jan 3-9 and no mini vans are showing up and haven't for several weeks.

Ballad Of Bullseye ~ Bullseye my pony, Bullseye my pride, Bullseye mi amigo, Bullseye I will ride. Across the wide prairie, beneath the blue sky, We'll ride on forever just me and Bullseye...

Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:09 PM   #200
Debbiedokken
Earning My Ears

Payless Car Rental

I just got an amazing rate from Payless Car Rental. It's almost too good. Does anyone have any experiences with Payless, good or bad? Is there a reason I shouldn't stick with this reservation and consider myself lucky?
Thanks!
Debbiedokken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:16 PM   #201
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbiedokken View Post
I just got an amazing rate from Payless Car Rental. It's almost too good. Does anyone have any experiences with Payless, good or bad? Is there a reason I shouldn't stick with this reservation and consider myself lucky?
Thanks!
You will have to take a shuttle from the airport to their location ... not too far and they seem to have quite a few. They will try to up sell you ... just keep saying no. I've used them before ... not my favorite but if the rate is good enough I'll use them again.
Old 12-25-2012, 02:55 PM   #202
Andreia
You're never too old to become younger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreia
(Car Care Center Jan/04 to Jan/13)
Base Rate - Standard SUV (USD) *Jeep Grand Cherokee
(1) Time & Distance ($277.00/Week) $277.00
(2) Extra - Time & Distance ($39.57/Day) $79.14
Contract I.D. Alamo Insiders Members

I think that even the week charge is too high - is it safe to wait until January to make a car reservation?
Prices just got a little more down... and I took the last day off...
(Car Care Center Jan/04 to Jan/12)
1 Week(s) @267.00 $ 267.00
1 Day(s) @38.14 $ 38.14
Estimated Total: $ 351.11
Old 12-27-2012, 11:34 AM   #203
SilverMickey
DIS Veteran

My husband has convinced me I really should try for a car from Alamo or National. I have an offsite car reserved but he want me to try for an old faithful.

My trip dates are January 23- 29. I fly in and out of TPA (tampa) My time I need the car for starts and ends at noon.

I have Visa, I belong to southwest, BJ's, I"m an Alamo insider and belong to National Emerald club. The cheapest I can find is over $300.00.

I usually have GREAT luck searching on my own. Any advice?

Thanks a million!
Old 12-27-2012, 12:18 PM   #204
disneyeveryyear
Not fully packed until she gets on the plane and then there’s always Wal-Mart!
Disney Lover!!!! (I think I am addicted to exclamation points!)

For those who may still be struggling with price, give a look at Hotwire.

As of today, the minival for 1/1 - 1/7 was only $332.00 after all fees on Hotwire.

It doesn't beat my $302, but it is much better than it had been.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:32 PM   #205
jmasgat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMickey View Post
My husband has convinced me I really should try for a car from Alamo or National. I have an offsite car reserved but he want me to try for an old faithful.

My trip dates are January 23- 29. I fly in and out of TPA (tampa) My time I need the car for starts and ends at noon.

I have Visa, I belong to southwest, BJ's, I"m an Alamo insider and belong to National Emerald club. The cheapest I can find is over $300.00.

I usually have GREAT luck searching on my own. Any advice?

Thanks a million!
As a start, try Dollar with the corp code of oi1054. You can get something under $250. I know it's not Alamo/National, but at least it's on site.
jmasgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:51 PM   #206
Bullseye
Faithful Companion

I'm leaving on 1/3. I have Premium from Dollar (Crown Vic) for $30 a day and I think I'm done. I'm worn out scouring the sites and not seeing any reductions even this close to my dates. I'm surprised because Alamo is the usually best deal out there (of the big name companies). They just aren't in the ballpark this time which is a drag becuase I love being able to pick my own vehicle.

Ballad Of Bullseye ~ Bullseye my pony, Bullseye my pride, Bullseye mi amigo, Bullseye I will ride. Across the wide prairie, beneath the blue sky, We'll ride on forever just me and Bullseye...

Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:21 AM   #207
Southernswthrt
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye
I'm leaving on 1/3. I have Premium from Dollar (Crown Vic) for $30 a day and I think I'm done. I'm worn out scouring the sites and not seeing any reductions even this close to my dates. I'm surprised because Alamo is the usually best deal out there (of the big name companies). They just aren't in the ballpark this time which is a drag becuase I love being able to pick my own vehicle.
I know how it feels to be done, BUT for my trip last month, Alamo didn't drop within reason until the 4 days before my trip! I think I got the lowest rate two days before-125 for a full size for a week all in. Ended up with a minivan because there were no full size cars when I got there.
Southernswthrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:52 PM   #208
bru_ellman
Having a Disney Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
I know how you feel. My wife has imploring me to stop looking for our 1/4-16 rental. However Alamo did come down again today. $234 all in for a full size using the insiders code and the Visa $30 coupon (AD2338FDF).
Old 12-29-2012, 09:17 AM   #209
jmasgat
DIS Veteran

Just checked Dollar for my dates (1/10-1/15)--the daily search-- and noticed that Premium and MidSize SUV are at decent rates again--they come and go. Premium was $134 + tax for a week.
jmasgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:39 PM   #210
LoveTwoTravel
Mouseketeer

Priceline today.

10 day rental beginning JAN 25. Fullsize, $263 all inclusive.

We've been a bunch! Still love it!

LoveTwoTravel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: