Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2012, 12:59 PM   #1276
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

Well, we're back from a wonderful week away. What a great cruise! It's so sad that things back home were so awful. As a personal loss our family lost a little girl, Lily, that has been fighting cancer for the past three years on the day we all were in Costa Maya. It always amazes me that I can be paddling around the ocean having a truly wonderful, relaxing day and at the same time little Lily is finally passing on. Life is so complicated. I'm trying to keep my cruise thoughts in their happy little bubble but it's really tough!

So we're home, and the laundry has multiplied! I've paid our bills and our quarterly taxes, bleh, but bought our APs for next year to cheer me back up! At least I paid our taxes first! Grocery store is next! Double bleh!

I don't know exactly how many trips got planned, but I do know that Dino caved on the trip to Germany next year! So that's at least one!!! And I bored poor Kevin to tears by saying Scotland over and over again hoping it will inspire him! I don't think he's taking the bait though.

So I wanted to prove that we clean up pretty good:

And I also wanted to share a stingray photo for those of you eagerly awaiting the scrapbook pages. This photo is before things really got out of hand, and I was already squealing like the big ol' girl I am! Sadly there's no photos of me climbing Jeri like a tree. I'm sure that's probably on a pay per view video somewhere!

As much as I've carried on about being "attacked" and "swarmed" by stingrays, it's still one of the best adventures I've had. I love animals, and now I have my very own when nature attacks story. Though for a more accurate title it should be, Hey, Lady, quit climbing that guy and give us the squid and we'll move on nice and easy. Maybe I should have paid more attention in the proper way to feed stingrays demonstration!
Old 12-16-2012, 07:33 PM   #1277
NYC MM
Working for Vacations

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenogoddess View Post
Well, we're back from a wonderful week away. What a great cruise! It's so sad that things back home were so awful. As a personal loss our family lost a little girl, Lily, that has been fighting cancer for the past three years on the day we all were in Costa Maya. It always amazes me that I can be paddling around the ocean having a truly wonderful, relaxing day and at the same time little Lily is finally passing on. Life is so complicated. I'm trying to keep my cruise thoughts in their happy little bubble but it's really tough!

So we're home, and the laundry has multiplied! I've paid our bills and our quarterly taxes, bleh, but bought our APs for next year to cheer me back up! At least I paid our taxes first! Grocery store is next! Double bleh!

I don't know exactly how many trips got planned, but I do know that Dino caved on the trip to Germany next year! So that's at least one!!! And I bored poor Kevin to tears by saying Scotland over and over again hoping it will inspire him! I don't think he's taking the bait though.

So I wanted to prove that we clean up pretty good:

And I also wanted to share a stingray photo for those of you eagerly awaiting the scrapbook pages. This photo is before things really got out of hand, and I was already squealing like the big ol' girl I am! Sadly there's no photos of me climbing Jeri like a tree. I'm sure that's probably on a pay per view video somewhere!

As much as I've carried on about being "attacked" and "swarmed" by stingrays, it's still one of the best adventures I've had. I love animals, and now I have my very own when nature attacks story. Though for a more accurate title it should be, Hey, Lady, quit climbing that guy and give us the squid and we'll move on nice and easy. Maybe I should have paid more attention in the proper way to feed stingrays demonstration!

Lauren and Jeri. We are so sorry to hear about the devastating loss of Lilly. You all are in our prayers. I don't think that I got the 'you all ' part right ..but you know what I mean.

Back to reality is defiantly not as much fun as being on vacation

I love the pic of you, Jeri and the slimy fish.. You look great and you now have many wonderful memories and stories from your encounter!!

I know a way that you can get Kevin to go on a Scotland trip and when you come on the Germany trip ...we can discuss it

Micki
NYC MM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2012, 06:23 AM   #1278
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Lauren - So sorry to hear about the loss of Lilly. You and your family are in my thoughts!

That pic with the stingray is awesome! Very in the moment! Thanks for posting.

Micki - you've got to run the "you all" together to get the right "y'all".

Ok...vacation is really over. I had to actually get up to an alarm clock this morning. First days back at work are never fun.

Chropistopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:31 AM   #1279
corky441

It's not the pace of life than concerns me... it's the sudden stop at the end.

So sorry to hear about Lily losing her battle.

Dino and I will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Reality is a real party pooper !
At least we didn't come home to nasty Winter weather.
I'm glad I forced myself to do laundry on the ship. The dirty clothes bag is at least manageable ... Now I just need someone to help finish the Christmas shopping and decorating. Oh and there's that tree bundled up on my front porch that needs to be put up

{ sigh }

Me & DH(Dino) Kelly K.C. Magoo Emmett
corky441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:36 AM   #1280
Smokey'sMom
Mouseketeer

Lauren,
I'm really sorry to hear about Lily. Life is so unfair.

I'm glad everyone had a good time on the cruise. I feel like we really missed out. I love the photo with the stingray. I can see me doing the same thing. At least they have smiles on their faces, so they can't be all bad--- right?

Great photo of you and Jeri with Mickey.

Cathie
Smokey'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:50 PM   #1281
Smokey'sMom
Mouseketeer

P.s./ has anyone else seen the Italian gel pigs that were sold on by roaming street vendors here in the US? They're at one of our local malls, all packaged in plastic. I miss seeing them thrown flat, and then slowly popping back into shape. I have on on my desk as a stress reducer ( and reminder of the trip).
Old 12-27-2012, 09:36 AM   #1282
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Did all of our Whovians watch the Christmas special? I have to admit...I'm excited about Clara as the new companion. She and the Doctor definitely have chemistry.

Old 12-27-2012, 10:03 AM   #1283
Smokey'sMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chropistopy View Post
Did all of our Whovians watch the Christmas special? I have to admit...I'm excited about Clara as the new companion. She and the Doctor definitely have chemistry.
We did! I think Jack watched it twice. I liked the new companion too. It looks like it will be a good year.

I bought Jack some Dr Who socks and a "Keep Calm and Don't Blink" tshirt for Christmas.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:05 AM   #1284
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey'sMom View Post
I bought Jack some Dr Who socks and a "Keep Calm and Don't Blink" tshirt for Christmas.
I'm trying to figure how to wear my Cyberman cufflinks with them.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:38 AM   #1285
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey'sMom View Post
We did! I think Jack watched it twice. I liked the new companion too. It looks like it will be a good year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb View Post
I'm trying to figure how to wear my Cyberman cufflinks with them.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:27 AM   #1286
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

We enjoyed the Christmas special a lot. I'm sorry she died "again" but am interested to find out what up with her. She such a pretty little thing. I hope it doesn't turn into Hey, they killed Oswin every week!

Mom got me a gift certificate to a "Venice" spa for Christmas. I can't decide what to get, but she keeps asking me so I better make up my mind. It looks like a nice place though. http://www.spasweetwater.com/1.html

I bought a vet for my Christmas village on the day after Christmas sale at Kohl's! It says Dr. North on the sign out front, but in my mind Heather is the consulting veterinarian! I have a law office, too, Jack, if you ever want to open up a Christmas village practice.

Christy: My stepmother just had to fill out her self-evaluation for work. I asked her if she wrote I'm awesome on there and handed it back in. She said no but now that she thinks about it she should have! I'm totally starting a new thing with that!

I've also decided that you pick all the programming for TNT (based on no reason whatsoever) and wanted to tell you that I've really been enjoying watching the Castle reruns you've chosen just for me because you know I like Castle so much, and have superior taste! As a bonus, I actually had Jeri believing me until I pushed it too far.

J: Are you doing anything today?
L: Castle's on!
J: I see that.
L: It was Christy's idea to do the marathon so I'm supporting her.
J: Really?
L: Yeah! I told her how much I enjoyed the show and so she put on a marathon for me
J: That is not true
L: True
J: That's total BS. *quiet* Really?
L: Okay, no, only in my head!

On the upside I watched way too much Castle, but eventually felt guilty and so cleaned the rooms where the TV is and did the laundry so win/win I say!
Old 12-27-2012, 12:58 PM   #1287
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenogoddess View Post
We enjoyed the Christmas special a lot. I'm sorry she died "again" but am interested to find out what up with her. She such a pretty little thing. I hope it doesn't turn into Hey, they killed Oswin every week!

Think the Doctor has ever visited South Park?

Mom got me a gift certificate to a "Venice" spa for Christmas. I can't decide what to get, but she keeps asking me so I better make up my mind. It looks like a nice place though. http://www.spasweetwater.com/1.html

I bought a vet for my Christmas village on the day after Christmas sale at Kohl's! It says Dr. North on the sign out front, but in my mind Heather is the consulting veterinarian! I have a law office, too, Jack, if you ever want to open up a Christmas village practice.

Christy: My stepmother just had to fill out her self-evaluation for work. I asked her if she wrote I'm awesome on there and handed it back in. She said no but now that she thinks about it she should have! I'm totally starting a new thing with that!

I'm currently working on my employee reviews. I really want to just write "You're awesome" or "You're not awesome". That should suffice. Right?

I've also decided that you pick all the programming for TNT (based on no reason whatsoever) and wanted to tell you that I've really been enjoying watching the Castle reruns you've chosen just for me because you know I like Castle so much, and have superior taste! As a bonus, I actually had Jeri believing me until I pushed it too far.

J: Are you doing anything today?
L: Castle's on!
J: I see that.
L: It was Christy's idea to do the marathon so I'm supporting her.
J: Really?
L: Yeah! I told her how much I enjoyed the show and so she put on a marathon for me
J: That is not true
L: True
J: That's total BS. *quiet* Really?
L: Okay, no, only in my head!

Ok. This whole exchange just made my day. Being in the office this week has sucked and I really needed a laugh. By the way, if I did work in the programming group for TNT, I would totally put on a Castle marathon for you. Since Heather and Jack are working in your Christmas village, I can totally be your TV programming fairy godmother. Totally (I just had to add in one more totally...I think this week has drained my brain cells)

On the upside I watched way too much Castle, but eventually felt guilty and so cleaned the rooms where the TV is and did the laundry so win/win I say!

Old 12-27-2012, 04:18 PM   #1288
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

There's no TV station, but you can be my Royal Librarian! As Queen of the Christmas Village I give you full curating decisions over our, what I'm told, extensive collections housed within. If only I were two inches high and ceramic, I would love to get a look in that place! What my village really needs is a Tardis. Now that WOULD be SO cool!
Old 12-28-2012, 11:02 AM   #1289
Chropistopy
DIS Veteran

Librarian it is!

A Tardis would be cool...then your Christmas village people could visit Christmas villages all over the world...and different worlds...and different times. I think you have a show on your hands.

Old 12-28-2012, 12:15 PM   #1290
stenogoddess
DIS Veteran

That's Royal Librarian Missy! And as it's employee evaluation time I wanted to let you know that so far on your one day on the job You Are AWESOME! But since you're the Librarian we have to use the word Superlative because it sounds more Librarian-y.

And Jack, as the Queens's Own Attorney, in your employee evaluation I wanted to let you know that You Are (also) Awesome, but have decided that Inimitable sounds more Lawyer-y! And as the Royal Village does not have a courthouse you are doing an exceptional job settling things out of court.

And I didn't want to leave Heather out as our new consulting Royal Veterinarian. I think that Dr. North guy on the sign is getting ready to retire any day now! In your consulting employee evaluation I would say that You Are (totally) Awesome! But have decided that Flawless sounds more Veterinarian-y. Okay, maybe not technically an obvious choice for a Vet, but when the going gets tough with the little and furry it's certainly what we're all hoping for! Plus, I think that Dr. North drinks so you might want to have Jack look into that!

You know, I was thinking I need to get a marina for Marilee and Dino, but now I'm thinking Dino and John could work over at the Brewery, which I understand has several consummate micro brews on tap, and then Marilee and Micki could help keep St. Augustine's Cathedral doing its good works for my villagers. Because, really, where am I going to put a marina? Over by the sink maybe.

And, yes, I did use a Thesaurus on the word awesome to write this post. Why do you ask?

One would think I didn't have 300 pages sitting on my desk to get out, but one would be wrong!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: