Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2012, 06:28 AM   #1
Disneymom20
Earning My Ears

Camping in July

We have purchased a new tent trailer this year and are planning a trip to Disney in July. We have previously stayed in the cabins but with the increase in prices I was thinking of camping at Fort Wilderness - how crazy would we really be??
Disneymom20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:32 AM   #2
2goofycampers
Sounds like something a camping trip could cure
Enjoy the beer and wine you will love it

Does it have A/C ?

2goofycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-21-2012, 08:31 AM   #3
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymom20 View Post
We have purchased a new tent trailer this year and are planning a trip to Disney in July. We have previously stayed in the cabins but with the increase in prices I was thinking of camping at Fort Wilderness - how crazy would we really be??
I 2nd the question of AC??? If it does, you're not crazy at all? Otherwise, let's just say you wouldn't catch us doing it!
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:06 PM   #4
Disneymom20
Earning My Ears

No a/c

Nope - no a/c ! Hmmm...the other idea we had was to stay in the cabins and not do the dining plan. May be the other option!
Disneymom20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:38 PM   #5
mikron
Donald Pin Collector

Hot, hot, hottter.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:39 PM   #6
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Nope - no a/c ! Hmmm...the other idea we had was to stay in the cabins and not do the dining plan. May be the other option!
Yep! Better option, than without AC in July
Old 12-24-2012, 07:52 AM   #7
iheartpeterpan
Still A Kid At Heart

Quote:
We did a week at the Fort in July in a tent trailer and had a blast, but we had A/C. I would NEVER try to camp at the Fort in July without A/C. It is hot, hot hot. Oppressively hot. Tent campers bring A/C.
1972 Fort Wilderness, 1976 Fort Wilderness, 1978 Disneyland California, 1985 "College Girls" Offsite, 1991 Honeymoon Trip Offsite, 1996 Coronado Springs, 2000 Coronado Springs, 2004 Magic Kingdom Offsite, 2006 Disneyland Paris Offsite, 2008 Wilderness Lodge, 2009 Grand Floridian, 2010 Coronado Springs, 2010 Offsite Soccer Tournament at ESPN WWS, 2011 Wilderness Lodge, 2011 POP Soccer Tournament at ESPN WWS, 2012 Offsite, 2012 Fort Wilderness, 2012 Offsite Soccer Tournament at ESPN WWS, 2013 Band Trip POFQ, 2013 Offsite soccer Tournament at ESPN WWS, 2014 Yacht Club
iheartpeterpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:17 AM   #8
SeilerBird
Mouseketeer

The average high temperature in July in Orlando is 92, the average low is 73. Yes it would be crazy to camp in a tent trailer without A/C in Orlando in July. Sleeping would be almost impossible. And besides the heat you have the humidity to contend with.
SeilerBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:40 PM   #9
lodge
DIS Veteran

Ok, I've gotta ask. How does A/C work in a tent? Where would they sell a unit small enough to consider putting it in a tent?
lodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:07 PM   #10
sandieb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You could have an AC installed in your camper and come out ahead of staying in the cabins. There is a lot more space and amenities in the cabin though - the tent trailers are usually pretty compact, and this might grow old pretty quickly unless you spend much of it outside. We had one for years that had heat and AC - we had a great time - but, much of our awake time was outside.
sandieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:32 PM   #11
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodge View Post
Ok, I've gotta ask. How does A/C work in a tent? Where would they sell a unit small enough to consider putting it in a tent?
They actually make AC's for tents - would not work of course for very small tents. I'm definitely *not* a tent camper in any weather, but I've known some people who have them.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:08 AM   #12
DaddyDon
My oldest daughter said i was a hottie when i was younger
My youngest daughter thinks Im the bomb!

I have camped in my popup there in July...Even with the ac omg hot!!I have said many times before never again in July that was in 2000 guess what have not been back there camping in July since..
Old 01-06-2013, 09:33 PM   #13
lodge
DIS Veteran

Be aware of florida Lovebugs too and bugs in general.
lodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:27 AM   #14
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

I have camped many times without AC

I have camped at Disney several times without AC. We are July campers! It probably seems impossible if you are used to just camping with AC and thats all you know but...it is possible. It may even seem crazy to some! LOL! I think its alot harder being at the parks all day than at the campgrounds without AC. Especially with all the shade , nice air conditioned bathrooms and the pool. It seems like we stay at the parks (witout AC) mainly and come back just to sleep for the most part anyways. In fact I camped everywhere 20 or more years without AC . Sometimes I think we handled the hot weather outside better than we do now with our AC. LOL! But... I would not do it unless I brought a couple of fans. Its not having a breeze that usually gets me. Sometimes we were surprised at how cool it was with a fan and the canvas zipped down at night. Just don't forget to zip everything up before you leave because of rain. We also used an awning for outside (like we do now)to sit under outside and I sometimes have a fan outside as well. Also if you have little ones , we fill up a small blow up pool with water for them to play in and stay cool at the camper. Just don't forget the bug spray and candles!

Last edited by Southern Bell; 01-07-2013 at 05:32 AM.
Southern Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #15
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Bell View Post
I have camped at Disney several times without AC. We are July campers! It probably seems impossible if you are used to just camping with AC and thats all you know but...it is possible. It may even seem crazy to some! LOL! I think its alot harder being at the parks all day than at the campgrounds without AC. Especially with all the shade , nice air conditioned bathrooms and the pool. It seems like we stay at the parks (witout AC) mainly and come back just to sleep for the most part anyways. In fact I camped everywhere 20 or more years without AC . Sometimes I think we handled the hot weather outside better than we do now with our AC. LOL! But... I would not do it unless I brought a couple of fans. Its not having a breeze that usually gets me. Sometimes we were surprised at how cool it was with a fan and the canvas zipped down at night. Just don't forget to zip everything up before you leave because of rain. We also used an awning for outside (like we do now)to sit under outside and I sometimes have a fan outside as well. Also if you have little ones , we fill up a small blow up pool with water for them to play in and stay cool at the camper. Just don't forget the bug spray and candles!
Wow, to each their own - by your name you must also be from the south. I am also a deep south girl, but this one *will not* sleep in a tent, and very much so will not sleep without AC ( except when forced to after some hurricanes )

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: